Remove Advertisements

Changeable Specs

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Changeable Specs

Postby Deflect » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:05 am

You can just change back to back whenever you desire?

I'm Protection and I just finished raiding and now I want to go PvP, I can just change specs and enter a battleground?
Deflect

Postby towelliee » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:12 am

Yes does anyone have anymore information on this change spec ordeal?
towelliee

Postby Frickit » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:38 am

I understand that you can change between two specs at any time not in combat for no cost.
Frickit

Postby Arcand » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:21 am

So in arenas, can a druid run away, change specs and then rejoin the fight?
Arcand

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:24 am

They specifically mentioned locking specs within arenas.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:29 am

They said how dual specs will work: you press a button and poof, your UI / keys / macros / glyphs changed.

Usable at any time when out of combat, not usable in arena.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Equillian » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:41 am

this feature won't be out in time for WOTLK right? I could have sworn I read that somewhere here.
I always have a minute, sometimes its taken by someone, but there's always the next.
Equillian

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:42 am

Equillian wrote:this feature won't be out in time for WOTLK right? I could have sworn I read that somewhere here.

Correct, it's planned for a future patch, like maybe 3.1.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Consecrator » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:32 am

Is anyone else worried about the "ninja" returning to wow dued to duel specs? What i mean is, normally you dont see to much of it anymore, but with, for example, a pally specing ret and prot, im worried about people needing on gear for their second spec, instead of the one they are running as. we normally do a basic need for main spec, greed for off spec kind of thing but i can see this being a big(maybe not big) problem. Lets say theres a pally tank and a fury warrior in the same group, dps plate drops it should go to the fury warrior IMO but i can see the pally saying "oh well my other spec is ret so i need it too". just somthing i thought of that could get annoying.
When I was 8 years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a tea cozy. Many years later I would find out that it wasnt a spider, it was my uncle harold.
Consecrator

Postby mavfin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:38 am

Consecrator wrote:Is anyone else worried about the "ninja" returning to wow dued to duel specs? What i mean is, normally you dont see to much of it anymore, but with, for example, a pally specing ret and prot, im worried about people needing on gear for their second spec, instead of the one they are running as. we normally do a basic need for main spec, greed for off spec kind of thing but i can see this being a big(maybe not big) problem. Lets say theres a pally tank and a fury warrior in the same group, dps plate drops it should go to the fury warrior IMO but i can see the pally saying "oh well my other spec is ret so i need it too". just somthing i thought of that could get annoying.

Assholes still stink, so this will still happen, dual spec or not. Just gives them a little more of an excuse than they would have had when they stole it anyway.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Consecrator » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:41 am

yeah, just sucks cause it hasnt been to big of an issue for me in awhile but i can see it returning with the duel spec.
When I was 8 years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a tea cozy. Many years later I would find out that it wasnt a spider, it was my uncle harold.
Consecrator

Postby mazater » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:43 am

Consecrator wrote:Is anyone else worried about the "ninja" returning to wow dued to duel specs?

Shouldn't happen in guild raids, since you should have set rules for them.

Shouldn't happen in pug raids either, if master looter is set and the items aren't tier pieces.

I can see it happening in 5-mans though, but it would probably happen even without the dualspec system, epic greedy kids are, well epic greedy.
mazater

Postby Consecrator » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:45 am

Was strictly speaking about 5 mans, shouldve said that sorry.Not worried about raids, pug or not, cause of master looter. Im obv not going to master loot a5 amn so thats where i see the problem pre 80
Consecrator

Postby phaqueue » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:05 am

Consecrator wrote:Is anyone else worried about the "ninja" returning to wow dued to duel specs? What i mean is, normally you dont see to much of it anymore, but with, for example, a pally specing ret and prot, im worried about people needing on gear for their second spec, instead of the one they are running as. we normally do a basic need for main spec, greed for off spec kind of thing but i can see this being a big(maybe not big) problem. Lets say theres a pally tank and a fury warrior in the same group, dps plate drops it should go to the fury warrior IMO but i can see the pally saying "oh well my other spec is ret so i need it too". just somthing i thought of that could get annoying.

honestly... am I the only one with the mindset of "it's just a freaking 5-man"?

the loot will drop again... if it's not heroic - you can just run it again anytime - if it's heroic... run it tomorrow - it will drop again sometime...

and before you say "this is because it never happens to you"

I had some idiot rogue that was running heroic SH with me and sharding thigns for us decide to need the "heals on blocks" trinket to shard... because "I didn't see that you needed it"
Does it suck? yes... is it really that big a deal? no
phaqueue

Postby majiben » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:18 am

Tell that to people who spend hours repeating instances for a single drop only to have someone come along and take it without any word of warning. Heck that's the reason I ran kara with pugs for months, they got my services as an experienced solo tank doing a full clear and I get the pocket watch from moroes no ifs ands or buts. Hell did you ever hear how many runs it took to get the FotC to drop for people? Personally it was 28 runs and other have much higher.

5 man loot is always subject to the RNG and saying that a person should not be upset because the item was essentailly stolen from them with no guarantee that they would ever gaze upon said item again simply because there is a chance that they might win in the future if they continue to pour copious amounts of time into the same boring instance? That's insane.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Next

Return to WotLK