PsiVen wrote:

LoH SoW JoL JoW HotR Drink Bubble? MADNESS

for me it would be...

Consecrate / Cleanse / Exorcism / FoL / HS / LoH / Turn Evil

Good rotation imo!
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Torquemada » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:12 pm

JoW/HS/SoL/HoJ/JoL/Exorcism/Consecrate here.
Torquemada

Postby daemonym » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:18 pm

Lore wrote:8675309

salv, HoJ, arcane torrent, consecrate, judgement macro, seal macro, healthstone/heal pot.

yes, my basic bar is quite odd to look at from 6 to = all else is on a control/alt key bind.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Nalyn » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:29 pm

Would be...

BoP, Judgement of Wisdom, Judgement of justice, Judgement of Light, Hammer of Justice, Avenger's shield, and Seal of Vengeance.

I'm an EQ player from WAY back, when they gave us 6 pages of 6 hotkeys each, and you really couldn't write anything for macros, so my WoW hotkeys got populated much like my EQ hotkeys did, as I got abilities, they got placed on my bars, the stuff I used a lot, got moved into the 1 to 6 slots, on my first 3 bars, the stuff I didn't use so much, but still needed access to, got put on the higher numbers. A few people have logged my character in, and usually after they ask me how the h*ll I play so well, with all my abilities 'randomly' scattered across my bars. I shrug, I know where they are all :)
Nalyn

Postby MrDuck » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:43 pm

So Holy shield, Consecrate, LoH, SoV, JoW, DP and HoJ.. that's pretty weird you know? Don't even try to imagine what wiuld happen if you accidentally hit CTRL :/
MrDuck

Postby Jensaarai » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:48 pm

SotM / HoJ / HW / Exorcism / Placeholder (ShoR) / JoJ / JoL

kek

also :evil: @ Blizzard for 3.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Arcand » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:00 pm

Damn you, Tommy Tutone!
Arcand

Postby Elsie » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:09 pm

I only use q,e,r,f,t and 1-6. Even for pvp.

That's divine storm, judgment, crusader strike for q,e,r. 2-4 are cooldowns like Divine Shield, Hand of Freedom, and Avenging Wrath. 6 is Hand of Protection (in pvp I macro /cast [target=partner] except in 5s). 1-2 are Flash of Light and pvp trinket.
Uhh, oh yeah I use shift e for holy light. Forgot that one. 5 is consecrate.

My pve set up for tanking is similar - just transpose the abilities. I think T got taunt and repentance with f as hammer of judgment.

...I like my WASD, but I'm tempted to change to RDFG. I played wow after years of FPS games where you used WASD and mouse-fire.
Elsie

Postby cordelia » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:43 pm

vqa34q5a435q4a534q5av35

I can reach all combat keys with my left hand without moving them from the base movement keys of ESDF (which also correspond to base typing key position ASDF). Everuthing from ~ to 6, Q to Y, A to H, Z to N is keybound, some with Ctrl/Shift/Alt modifiers.

This leaves keys to the right of the midline bound for misc. utility non-combat stuff like disenchant, map, guild, enchanting, etc.
Also, number keys are raid symbols, but I'm beginning to see why magicmarker is useful, don't have to move the right hand off the mouse - the only problem I have with it is that it's too frigging big.
cordelia

Postby ElSid » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:23 pm

>.>

>insert over 9000 joke here<

;D
why hello there :)
ElSid

Postby Thels » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:04 am

Set my movement keys to SX AD ZC ages ago, so I have 1 2 3 ... - = and Q W E ... [ ] as hotkey bars.

1 is taunt, so I have HS at Q, Judge at W and Consecrate at E. Right now HotR is at 2, but I'll move SotR there and HotR to 3. Mine should look like:

Q2W3E2Q3W2E3 repetitive.

If something else needs to be pushed in between, I'd drop Consecration if it's a single mob tanking, and Judgement if it's AoE tanking. Wouldn't wanna drop Judgement if I'm fighting a single boss.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Kethion » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:12 am

Sacred Shield, taunt, avenger's shield, consecrate, judgement, HoJ, cleanse? O.o
Kethion

Postby QuantumDelta » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:00 am

Elsie wrote:I only use q,e,r,f,t and 1-6. Even for pvp.

That's divine storm, judgment, crusader strike for q,e,r. 2-4 are cooldowns like Divine Shield, Hand of Freedom, and Avenging Wrath. 6 is Hand of Protection (in pvp I macro /cast [target=partner] except in 5s). 1-2 are Flash of Light and pvp trinket.
Uhh, oh yeah I use shift e for holy light. Forgot that one. 5 is consecrate.

My pve set up for tanking is similar - just transpose the abilities. I think T got taunt and repentance with f as hammer of judgment.

...I like my WASD, but I'm tempted to change to RDFG. I played wow after years of FPS games where you used WASD and mouse-fire.

Your hands must be as big as mine, most nabs can't even handle ESDF let alone RDFG :P
New found <3
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby PsiVen » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:41 am

Arrowkeys > WASD in FPS games for me. It took quite a lot of adjusting to use WASD in WoW due to the high number of hotkeys required, but now I've evolved into this sort of hybrid mode where I have hotkeys everywhere and my hands just go to whichever set of movement keys is closer.

Sidebar: Fallout 3 sucks at handling keybindings. Stop making me hit tab, R, E, and A :(
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Thels » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:24 am

I really don't like the forward button be further than the other buttons. Forcing my hand so that the middle finger is extended and the other fingers are folded is annoying. Having them next to each other is so much more pleasurable.

[a]turn left - [s]forward - [d]turn right
[z]strafe left - [x]backward - [c]strafe right

Leaves room to 2 entire bars of hotkeys, with shift opening up another 2. Some of the skills have CTRL for a second option, and ALT for selfcasting. I can use the 7 leftmost ones during the heat of combat, leaving the 5 rightmost ones for buffing, ressing, disenchanting, etc...

And most good 1st person shooters allow you to configure your hotkeys as well. The control freak that I am, I'm doing those the moment I start up the game.
ImageImage
Thels

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK