Remove Advertisements

Naxx in WOTLK

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:07 pm

The only true tank-gearcheck is Maexxna. Rest you can tank as soon as uncrittable.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Falkman » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:07 pm

daemonym wrote:would it be feasable to tank naxx in crafted epics, rep items, and a few saronite pieces assuming you're uncrit? like titansteel head/feet/shield...kirin'tor gloves etc.

That sounds about what I did for Kara too...:P
But yeah, this should be doable, as long as you reach uncrittability there isn't really any issues with the easier bosses in Naxx.
Barbossa, lvl 80 human tankadin
Jazine, lvl 80 draenei shaman
Ywaine, lvl 80 draenei death knight
Falkman

Postby apolana » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:34 pm

Are Patchwerk and 4H the only fights that require two tanks?
apolana

Postby Selinaria » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:45 pm

apolana wrote:Are Patchwerk and 4H the only fights that require two tanks?

Gothik requires 2 as does KT for his adds. Slimes on Grobbulus and adds on Anub'Rekhan should be tanked as well. Gluth also needs two due to mortal wound. Noth has adds that should be tanked (although once you overgear it one tank could probably handle it all).

So quick answer: no there are about half the total fights that could use 2 tanks.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby knaughty » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:28 pm

Selinaria wrote:

Gothik requires 2 as does KT for his adds. Slimes on Grobbulus and adds on Anub'Rekhan should be tanked as well. Gluth also needs two due to mortal wound. Noth has adds that should be tanked (although once you overgear it one tank could probably handle it all).

So quick answer: no there are about half the total fights that could use 2 tanks.

That's 10-man, I assume.

Please tell me the 25 requires more than 1.5 tanks...
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Tankznspankz » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:01 am

Naxx25:

Patchwerk: 3tanks
Anub'rekhan: 3tanks [2if you can burst down one add quick enough]

and thats about it
Tankznspankz

Postby Falkman » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:22 am

Selinaria wrote:Gothik requires 2 as does KT for his adds. Slimes on Grobbulus and adds on Anub'Rekhan should be tanked as well. Gluth also needs two due to mortal wound. Noth has adds that should be tanked (although once you overgear it one tank could probably handle it all).

What about Razuvious' understudies and Maexxna's worshippers, they don't need tanks?
Falkman

Postby Rehlachs- » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:31 am

worshipper's belong to Faerlina, they can be cc'ed. i guess, those can be offtanked by dps specced warriors/paladins/moonkins/deathnights/voidwalkers/whatever in naxx10.

Instructor's boys .. there are 2 understudies in naxx10, and since there will be at least 10 of them tanking their master over the entire fight, there won't be more than one of them of control (unless your controlling raid members fuck up).
when you run 2 tank, one can control one of the orbs. that way, they can either control or tank their add.
Rehlachs-

Postby Falkman » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:36 am

Sweet, thanks for clearing that up Rech :)
Falkman

Postby Tankznspankz » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:39 am

worshipper's belong to Faerlina, they can be cc'ed. i guess, those can be offtanked by dps specced warriors/paladins/moonkins/deathnights/voidwalkers/whatever in naxx10.

our feral offtank killed them by accident, so we had to do the achievement
Tankznspankz

Postby vschiano2008 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:52 am

info is availible on

www.wotlkwiki.info

^^best WotLK site imo.

has some loot tables, raid and instance stuff, professions, crafted gear etc etc etc.

ps dont go on the forums, they're horrible.
vschiano2008

Postby Selinaria » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:07 am

Knaughty wrote:
Selinaria wrote:

That's 10-man, I assume.

Please tell me the 25 requires more than 1.5 tanks...

haha whoops, shoulda been more clear, yea that's for 10 man

The single tank fights in 25 man are still single, Patchwerk takes 2 hurtful tanks typically and the MT, more slimes on Grobbulus so 2 tanks helps, and a lot of trash pulls have higher mob numbers (2 aboms in 10 man, 4 aboms in 25 man) stuff like that. I only ran 25 man a few times and not always as the tank but 3 tanks will be required to complete the whole place.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby towelliee » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:19 am

Is it possible to tank Naxx in mix of t6 and 6.5 and new blues from rep and quest?

Way I see it as long as I am 540 Def I should be ok right?
towelliee

Postby Tankznspankz » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:28 am

Sapph will require some serious healing but yeah it should be possible
Tankznspankz

Postby Est » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:07 am

Cool Thanks for the info. You should be able to get to 540 def from crafted items / blue drops. It should not be to hard.
My Comrades are my weapons and I am there Shield. As long as I live they will not die. As long as they live are enemies will fail. I’am Protector, I’am Guardain, I’am Defender, I’am Paladin.
Est

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK