Naxx in WOTLK

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Naxx in WOTLK

Postby towelliee » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:41 pm

Are all the bosses and trash relatively the same? Did any of the boss mechanics change? Would I have trouble raid leading Naxx in Wrath if I had already cleared it pre-bc?
towelliee

Postby Falkman » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:51 pm

Are we talking 10-man or 25-man here?
From what I've read and understood the 25-man fights are "pretty much" intact versions of old Naxx, whereas the 10-mans have had to go through some changes to make them doable.
The changes focus on making the fights as similar as possible to the old Naxx versions though.
Barbossa, lvl 80 human tankadin
Jazine, lvl 80 draenei shaman
Ywaine, lvl 80 draenei death knight
Falkman

Postby Splug » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:02 pm

It's slightly more involved than tank and spank, but not by much. Trash is an AE-fest, bosses have the basic elements of their lv 60 version with the difficulty slider pulled about as far down as it will go. At that point, you're probably even able to brute force some bosses by ignoring the mechanics entirely, such as running Sapphiron without frost resistance gear.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby towelliee » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:27 pm

Is there trash loot posted anywhere off Naxx 10 man?
towelliee

Postby PsiVen » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:58 pm

They're pretty much all the same. Raz and Faerlina are different in the 10-man so you don't need to MC, and Loatheb is different in both versions so you don't need to stab yourself in the eye. 4H is a different strategy in 10-man, not sure what it is in 25.

If you know Naxx40, you'll be right at home raid leading Naxx10/25.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Jensaarai » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:06 pm

towelliee wrote:Is there trash loot posted anywhere off Naxx 10 man?

Gear is all over Wowhead.

And if you've done Naxx40, you'll be fine in Naxx10/25. Things are the same, or simpler.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby cordelia » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:43 am

What about tips, advice, etc. for those of us who have never seen Naxx40?

Also, WTB: tankadin specific tips for Naxx encounters.
cordelia

Postby Vandril » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:10 am

bosskillers.com or similar pages should be enough to have an idea whats going on there.

Pro-Tip: Use Undead-Tracking + this minor glyph (+1% DMG against Undead) for more pewpew.
Vandril
Maintankadonor

Postby Rokh » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:28 am

Bozzkillers are Fing retarded, they recomend 5-6 warrior tanks for Mt Hyjal.

Seriously, it doesnt have to be detailed, but i would love a walkthough from a paladin tank for naxx10

something like

boss1, does this, this this

boss2, does this this this (i dont even know who the first boss is!)
Rokh

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:46 am

Just read tactics on wowwiki, even if they are the old versions, the new ones are about always the same (exception for few bosses like Loatheb or 4h)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rehlachs- » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:59 am

Rokh wrote:Bozzkillers are Fing retarded, they recomend 5-6 warrior tanks for Mt Hyjal.

probably the most disgusting line I red on these forums today.

(i dont even know who the first boss is!)

no given order, 4 wings containing 3 or 4 boss encounters. if all 4 wings are cleared, you are able to advance to Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad.

so, here is the (very) little walkthrough for naxx10:
- spider wing:
* Anub'Rekhan: tank him. if he casts locust swarm, run to the other side of the room. proceed..
* Faerlina: tank her, maybe tank some of the adds, too. run out of the fire. try to compensate the enrage
* Maexxna: tank it. use DP for Envelop in her Enrage.
- military wing:
* Instructor: click on one of the orbs. use the controlled mob to tank the boss.
* Gothik: tank incoming adds. when Gothik spawns, tank Gothik.
* 4Horseman: no short explanation possible, too detailed.
- abomination wing:
* Patchwerk: tank it...
* Grobbulus: tank it. get out of the poisonous clouds
* Gluth: as main tank.. tank it.
* Thaddius: tank one of the adds - depending on the platform you are. when Thaddius becomes active, tank it. on polarity changes get on your position, depending on your current polarity.
- plague wing:
* Noth: tank him. pick up spawning adds. when he phases out, pick up adds. when phases back in, tank him.
* Heigan: tank him on phase 1, doing his dance (explanation: look somewhere else). on phase 2, do his dance. you probably want to cleanse his debuff from yourself.
* Loatheb: tank it.
- frostwyrm lair:
* Sapphiron: tank it, avoid blizzards. during air phase, get behind ice blocked players.
* Kel'Thuzad: until Kel becomes active, pick up spawning abominations. when Kel becomes active, tank him. get out of void zones. spread out to avoid to be iceblocked

I hope, this was short enough >.<
Rehlachs-

Postby Tankznspankz » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:28 am

* Anub'Rekhan: tank him. if he casts locust swarm, run to the other side of the room. proceed..

Dont run straight through the middle take the outline of the platform

* Faerlina: tank her, maybe tank some of the adds, too. run out of the fire. try to compensate the enrage

you shouldnt try and tank her+adds in the first ids shes quite a tank killer if enraged

* Maexxna: tank it. use DP for Envelop in her Enrage.

Make sure your healers are focused on healing you, and cleanse yourself.

* Instructor: click on one of the orbs. use the controlled mob to tank the boss.

Dont klick the orb twice, it might kick you out of the MC and leave you there with the debuff

* Gothik: tank incoming adds. when Gothik spawns, tank Gothik.

Make sure youll get a misdirect or someone else taunts him on your side, bc he runs through the gate with someone from the other side as a target, the target will be OOLOS for your taunt.

* 4Horseman: no short explanation possible, too detailed.

Dont tank the melee horsemen with another pallidan, its doable but the switch is way more complicated.

* Patchwerk: tank it...

Save your bubblewall for the last 20% he will enrage on low hp
Tankznspankz

Postby cordelia » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:35 am

Is there any specific order of difficulty to the bosses? Is the first boss in each wing the easiest, or are certain wings easier than others? Any idea what pace of progression we will see on Naxx? Will guilds clear Naxx10 in 2 days? or 2 weeks?
cordelia

Postby Tankznspankz » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:48 am

i would start with razouvious[or however he is spelled] hes the attumen of naxx once youve got down how to mindcontrol the adds.

Noth&anub are on the same level easy but meh theres still some things you can fuck up [Missing carrion swarm, mages/druids not decursing]

Patchwerk is a gearcheck, but a very rewarding one bc once killed there is basicly only one boss left in that wing [Grob & Gluth are 2 big trashmobs]

Naxx10 will prolly be cleared the day that a "24/7" guild has 10ppl on 80

Spider&Plaguewing are the easiest to clear, Maexxna&Loatheb are gearchecks [Dont die during webspray on maexxna or dont die if you dont get healed every splitsecond on loatheb]
Tankznspankz

Postby daemonym » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:03 pm

would it be feasable to tank naxx in crafted epics, rep items, and a few saronite pieces assuming you're uncrit? like titansteel head/feet/shield...kirin'tor gloves etc.

cuz from what i've been hearing/reading is that you won't have to bust ass to gear up for it as much as you did for kara when it was first released.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Next

Return to WotLK