Remove Advertisements

Leveling in wotlk?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Ret » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:19 pm

If that is the case, about being ret spec tanking in prot gear. Is it best to go with a cookie cutter ret build, or a more prot oriented ret build with say the minimum to get DS?
Ret

Postby Rek » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:20 pm

EvilNuff wrote:
Keep in mind the normal instances in wrath were designed to be tanked by tanks who were dps spec'd but wearing tank gear. I tanked several of them (UK, Nexus, ZD) as ret in beta with no real problems. I can pretty much see zero reason to spec prot before 80.

I'm curious, are you tanking with a shield or sticking with the two-hander? I got talked in to tanking Heroic Mech the other day Ret spec'd in my prot gear. It actually went really well, but I opted to go with the shield since I was a little dubious about not being prot spec'd.

Should I have just sucked it up and held on to my two-hander?

-Rek
Guildmate, "What? You're healing tonight? I can't keep track of what you're doing anymore!"
Me, "It's easy. I'm either tanking, heals, or DPS."
Rek

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:26 pm

Quick question about levelling in WotLK....

At L70 Current quests give you more gold, which is fair as you arnt earning exp.

Will that gold reward go down as soon as the expansion hits?
(im thinking yes)

What about if you dont buy the expansion and are just doing outland quests?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby mconeone » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:32 am

...then you just get gold. If you can't earn any more XP it's converted to gold no matter what the quest.

Why you would do that, nobody knows.
mconeone

Postby Lumenos » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:25 am

Rek wrote:
I'm curious, are you tanking with a shield or sticking with the two-hander? I got talked in to tanking Heroic Mech the other day Ret spec'd in my prot gear. It actually went really well, but I opted to go with the shield since I was a little dubious about not being prot spec'd.

Should I have just sucked it up and held on to my two-hander?

-Rek

It would depend on your gear and, more importantly, the gear of your healers. I've been ret for the past few weeks myself just because the raiding has died down to a one night sunwell clear, so when i was tanking heroics for achievements i just went as ret and used a 2 hander since i'm an experienced tank with experienced Sunwell geared healers at my back.

Now as for WotLK 5 mans, i would probably stick with sword and board until I was familiar enough with them to be confident 2 hand tanking would work.
Lumenos

Postby Baeric » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:21 am

What's the best seal to use as ret while leveling?
Baeric

Postby honorshammer » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:11 pm

I'm going to put my question in this thread rather than start another:

How 'aggressively' would you need to play in order to be Naxx25 ready in time for Christmas?
honorshammer

Previous

Return to WotLK