Remove Advertisements

Instance leveling to 80

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:26 pm

Uhm, to get my wife playing wow, i think i'd need to have a wife first.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rothifer » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:16 pm

You're aware that the sole purpose of a PVP server is for people who WANT world PVP. Other forms of PVP such as BGs and Arena don't care what kind of server you're on.

congrats. you have successfully stated the INTENDED purpose of a pvp server (minus the "sole purpose" thing. pvp server = no raiders?). lets take a quick poll.

how did everyone here pick horde or alliance? personally, a friend played horde and i wanted to play with him.

how did everyone here pick which server? well, same answer. friends.

how did everyone here pick what TYPE of server? well, same answer. friends.

how many of you answered the same as i did? how many of you KNEW what a pvp server included? how many of you knew about the isle when you picked your server? how many of you even knew what the term "ganked" meant? how many of you defended yourself in world pvp to only be in turn ganked relentlessly by said attacker and his 5 friends?

yes i did join the pvp server not knowing a bloody thing and me saying i hate world pvp is an opinion. say what you want but steak knives can cut chicken as well as steak.
Rothifer

Postby Markoh » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:29 pm

EvilNuff wrote:
Markoh wrote:...
I personally plan to lvl up that quickest way I can, I'm thinking instances whenever I can and quest the others.

Instances != anything approaching the quickest way to level. Grinding instances, towards the end of beta, was around 7 hours a level. Questing was around 4 hours a level. Even if there is world server down issues questing is going to be faster. Remember after you get your 15% of a level (with rest state) in your instance you have to zone out to reset it.

Yes but seeing as I play on one of the highest pop pvp servers means that questing will be to a standstill if not impossible in some areas. As I said in my earlier post, yes questing is faster if the situation was ideal which on wotlk launch it won't be. My hope is that by doing instances to start that I can get a leap on most ppl and then switch back to ret and quest the last few lvls.
Markoh

Postby Grimmal » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:11 pm

Markoh wrote:Yes but seeing as I play on one of the highest pop pvp servers means that questing will be to a standstill if not impossible in some areas. As I said in my earlier post, yes questing is faster if the situation was ideal which on wotlk launch it won't be. My hope is that by doing instances to start that I can get a leap on most ppl and then switch back to ret and quest the last few lvls.

I'm not sure about yours, but my old server and the servers of most of my friends all had a unspoken peace treaty for the first week or so of TBC. At least until the first 70s started showing up and then things broke down fast as they didn't have enough for full groups and decided to gank in the mean time.

But even with a peace treaty of sorts, instance leveling will probably be faster unless you grind out quests in a group so you don't have to fight for spawns as much. Group questing is the best option imo followed up with grinding a few instances before moving on. But it's hard to find groups to do that with unless you pre-plan them.
Grimmal

Postby Lousiana » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:42 am

Area52 - EU: 388 lvl 70s player - cross faction - last time I checker (week ago). Transfers to Area52 open in March.

Going into WotLK as a supposed Maintank for 10 and 25 man content with a strong guild of dedicated raiders who all wanted a new start.

Nordrend will be mine. :lol:
Lousiana

Postby Markoh » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:00 am

Ya my guild is basically going to be having as many instance groups as we can get so we can powerlvl. Right now basically anyone who has t5+ tank gear is being asked to respec to tank for instance grinding.
Markoh

Postby EvilNuff » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:46 am

Markoh wrote:Ya my guild is basically going to be having as many instance groups as we can get so we can powerlvl. Right now basically anyone who has t5+ tank gear is being asked to respec to tank for instance grinding.

By all means play how you want...just do realize they intentionally nerfed instance grinding xp. You will almost certainly fall behind the leveling curve doing this and create more problems for yourselves when you change your minds and start questing. Just my 2c of course.
EvilNuff

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:42 am

EvilNuff wrote:By all means play how you want...just do realize they intentionally nerfed instance grinding xp. You will almost certainly fall behind the leveling curve doing this and create more problems for yourselves when you change your minds and start questing. Just my 2c of course.

Mal'ganis is an extremely high pop PvP server; attempting to quest is very likely going to be more trouble than it's worth. I know of more than a dozen people who are going to try sleeping during the day so they can quest during off hours ... which means many, many people have the same idea and quest mobs are likely to be as camped during 3am as 3pm.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Tankznspankz » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:56 am

just leavin that here
its a post from my guild forum.

THE PLAN :

Utgarde Keep - Level Range: [70-72] (Req: 65)
The Nexus - Level Range: [71-73] (Req: 66)
Ahn'Kahet: The Old Kingdom - Level Range: [73 - 75] (Req: 68 )
Azjol-nerub - Level Range: [73 - 75] (Req: 68 )
Drak'tharon Keep - Level Range: [74 - 76] (Req: 69)
The Violet Hold - Level Range: [75-77] (Req: 70)
Gundrak - Level Range: [76-78] (Req: 71)
Halls of Stone - Level Range: [77-79] (Req: 72)
The Oculus - Level Range: [80] (Req: 75)
Utgarde Pinnacle - Level Range: [80] (Req: 75)
Halls of Lightning - Level Range: [80] (Req: 75)
COT: Stratholme - Level Range: [80] (Req: 75)
Tankznspankz

Postby Markoh » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:41 am

It's a pain to do normal quests now on malganis lvling an alt, let alone when everyone on the server is trying to do it. Also our server has had unplayable lag and been down constantly from about a month before 3.0 till like 2 weeks ago, so I'm hoping instance grinding will help avoid the world server crashs/cut down on the lag.
Markoh

Postby MilaMan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:11 pm

So I guess I'm the only person in the world who didn't do ALL of the quests in outlands? last I checked a lvl 70 quest is a lvl 70 quest is a lvl 70 quest...

Also, I dont have all the gear from Kara (yes, I realize that makes me a minority).

Add it all together, and what do you get?

A cheap, easy, PAIN-free way to level (leveling in Kara ftw).

*shrugs* I won't be as well geared as some of the blitzers, but at least I won't have the headaches associated with the Northrend starter zones.
MilaMan

Postby Tankznspankz » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:33 pm

A BC quest nets 15K xp
A WotLK quest nets 20-44k xp
Tankznspankz

Postby MilaMan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:35 pm

A BC quest nets 15k XP in about 30 seconds

Wotlk nets......erm....hold on.....wait....oh there's the mob i need---nope, another player grabbed him....oh wait, theres anoth---...damn....Oooh, theres one, right the-----.....GOD DAMNIT.

:)
MilaMan

Postby Belloc » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:41 pm

Respawn time on Northrend quests mobs is high, if I recall correctly. This might just be my server, but all of the horde were in such a hurry to level that they never attacked the alliance (and vice versa) when BC came out.
Belloc

Postby MilaMan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:42 pm

*shrugs* Im just saying. I get INCREDIBLY frustrated on the Isle.....

Northrend will only be worse, by all accounts.

If you wanna find me, I'll be in the outlands :)
MilaMan

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK