Remove Advertisements

lvl 80 question

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

lvl 80 question

Postby Roghan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:59 am

In my guild i've never had the oppurtunity to MT any 25-man. I'd like to have the chance to be one of the MT with WTLK but in order to do so i have to be prepared and know exactly what to do.
Actually i think i'll spec 5/60/6, i know defense cap is 540 and i've red about the 969 rotation so i know what will be the rotation in wotlk. What i miss is:
Frenzyheart Tribe or The Oracle? Wich one of the 2 factions should i choose? i checked wowhead but they don't sell any shoulder enchant... aren't they supposed to be like aldor and scryers?

To go into Naxxramas ill need to be defense capped, are there any othere requirments to tank in there? is there an attunament like it was for karazhan?

I've heard that paladin will have a little touble tanking in naxxramas, wich are the problem we have to overcome? Where can i find information about the encounter?

About the enchant, where i'll get head and shoulder enchant? I know i'll have to stack defense as reaching 540 won't be easy at the beginning, but is there a list of suggested enchant?
Roghan

Postby Ashmadai » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:21 am

You're not going to have any trouble tanking Naxx as long as your gear is good and you're a good player.

I would suggest you might want to drop Seals of the Pure and Blessing of Kings(If you're going to have a Ret raiding with you. They can get it without losing anything at 80 as of right now).

Use those points to get 5/5 conviction. Seal/Judge of Corr/Vengeance is only a marginal part of our threat right now, and face it, critting with a Shield Slam/HotR is so much more satisfying. =D
Ashmadai

Postby majiben » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:23 am

Do not listen to the above when they tell you drop kings for conviction. The potentail lose to your tanks and dps is staggering.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Targonis » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:44 am

Majiben wrote:Do not listen to the above when they tell you drop kings for conviction. The potentail lose to your tanks and dps is staggering.

I agree with this. My build is looking like a 5/59/7 build so very similar, I would post but I am at work.

Just as a quick rundown without my spec:
Seals of the Pure will help for an extra boost in rotational threat, Reckoning is still useless, the extra drop in your judgement timer is important if you're taking seals of the pure anyway, and you only need 1 point in your divine shield raid damage talent instead of 2 if you're going to be main tanking, as its more of an OT talent.
Targonis

Postby mazater » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:30 am

Ashmadai wrote:You're not going to have any trouble tanking Naxx as long as your gear is good and you're a good player.

Well...

You're not going to have trouble tanking anything in the damn game if your gear is good and your skills are good.
mazater

Postby Roghan » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:44 am

so it's possible gor a paladin to tank all naxxramas? nice :D!! what about attunamente anyone knows something?
Roghan

Re: lvl 80 question

Postby Lumennon » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:53 am

Roghan wrote:I've heard that paladin will have a little touble tanking in naxxramas, wich are the problem we have to overcome?

I think this only refers to the Four Horsemen encounter, where the tanks need to taunt off each others respective horseman in certain intervalls.

Let's say it's Naxx 10-man. Two of the riders are being "tanked" by casters, two by actual tanks. Let's say besides you, the other tank is a warrior (or druid, or death knight, your choice). If you are the first to taunt his target off and then he taunts off his new target from you, you're ok.

When the other tank is a paladin as well, it's gonna get tricky, since both of you only have a multi-target taunt. You taunt off him, you have both on you. He attempts to taunt his new target off of you, the other one (his old target, the one you're supposed to tank now) comes straight back to him.
Ebbitt wrote:Arthas is sitting there watching over the front door then... SURPRISE BUTTSECKS, we just got inside by the back door and facerolled all your defenses.
Lumennon
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:13 am

Blizz is however implementing (soonish) a Glyph which makes RD single target, so that should fix that possible issue.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zironic » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:34 am

Worldie wrote:Blizz is however implementing (soonish) a Glyph which makes RD single target, so that should fix that possible issue.

I can't remember them promising they would do that. Afaik they said they might solve it with a glyph if they think it's an issue.
Zironic

Postby Zumor » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:11 pm

Zironic wrote:
Worldie wrote:Blizz is however implementing (soonish) a Glyph which makes RD single target, so that should fix that possible issue.

I can't remember them promising they would do that. Afaik they said they might solve it with a glyph if they think it's an issue.

me either, and it would be plain stupid to fix that problem with a glyph
we need a backup taunt and a singletarget taunt, on top of that we have no bugfree taunt (RD fails on Serverside...)
Zumor

Postby Belloc » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:19 pm

4 Horsemen aren't a problem in 10-man Naxx. If you have the DPS to get to them, you have the DPS to kill (burn down) one of them before taunting becomes an issue. Alternatively, taunting at the same time (countdown on vent) works fine.

It'd be lovely if people would drop that issue.
Belloc

Postby Zumor » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:40 am

Belloc wrote:4 Horsemen aren't a problem in 10-man Naxx. If you have the DPS to get to them, you have the DPS to kill (burn down) one of them before taunting becomes an issue. Alternatively, taunting at the same time (countdown on vent) works fine.

taunt at the same time is not a fix to the problem,
and changing and complicating the raidsituation only because you chose 2tankpalas as tanks and not others is not a fix either.
and the problem stays and is even a bigger problem in heroicraid (never did that on beta) but "nuke him down" shouldnt work the same way.
Zumor

Postby Elsie » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:28 pm

Zumor wrote:
Belloc wrote:4 Horsemen aren't a problem in 10-man Naxx. If you have the DPS to get to them, you have the DPS to kill (burn down) one of them before taunting becomes an issue. Alternatively, taunting at the same time (countdown on vent) works fine.

taunt at the same time is not a fix to the problem,
and changing and complicating the raidsituation only because you chose 2tankpalas as tanks and not others is not a fix either.
and the problem stays and is even a bigger problem in heroicraid (never did that on beta) but "nuke him down" shouldnt work the same way.

It can actually work due to server-side lag.
Elsie

Postby dmok » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:36 pm

Targonis wrote:and you only need 1 point in your divine shield raid damage talent instead of 2 if you're going to be main tanking, as its more of an OT talent.

People still spec for Divine Guardian?

I know it's a solid OT talent, but I would rather kings OR 30s less on my interrupt CD than an ability which has limited uses in the role I'm sure many of you are striving for.

The way I see it, with no kings you have 2 options in a cookie-cutter MT build. 5/5 Conviction, or 5/5 SotP. I remember seeing some math somewhere that suggested the 5% crit was a much higher dps (and therefore tps) increase than 15% more damage on a nerfed seal.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Elsie » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:32 pm

dmok wrote:
Targonis wrote:and you only need 1 point in your divine shield raid damage talent instead of 2 if you're going to be main tanking, as its more of an OT talent.

People still spec for Divine Guardian?

I know it's a solid OT talent, but I would rather kings OR 30s less on my interrupt CD than an ability which has limited uses in the role I'm sure many of you are striving for.

The way I see it, with no kings you have 2 options in a cookie-cutter MT build. 5/5 Conviction, or 5/5 SotP. I remember seeing some math somewhere that suggested the 5% crit was a much higher dps (and therefore tps) increase than 15% more damage on a nerfed seal.

Divine Guardian is pretty good in 25 mans, particularly with bacon of light and stuff. On something like Horseman you won't always be tanking the last one to die. Meanwhile I don't see kings as necessary in naxx 10, or useful in 5-mans.
Elsie

Next

Return to WotLK