JoW double-nerf...Did i miss the post or...?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

JoW double-nerf...Did i miss the post or...?

Postby Faeth » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:18 am

Did i miss a post about it? I'm not sure, but just in case i want to point out the following i noticed in the 'official patch notes' bit on mmo-champion:

Judgement of Wisdom: Mana gained reduced to 1% of maximum mana and proc frequency cut by 50%

So we already knew it was nerfed from 2% to 1%. But it's proc chance being cut by 50% as well was new to me...
Faeth

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:20 am

It was already like that. No double nerf, it was done at same time.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Faeth » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:21 am

Worldie wrote:It was already like that. No double nerf, it was done at same time.

You mean since the last hot-fix. Ah right didn't realize that (with regards to the proc chance cut).
Faeth

Postby Eaglestrike » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:29 am

Well I'm glad I don't need it for mana regen, can continue to use JoL. I may just move JoW a bit as it's in one of my easiest to use keybinds and I really don't use it much to warrant it.
Eaglestrike

Postby Zironic » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:04 am

I conclude that if I am oom I am supposed to /dance until my party is dead so I can die, get resurrected and drink.

I'm hoping they'll change it to base mana and buff it to somewhere between 3 and 5% so it's useful for people with low mana pools.
Zironic

Postby fafhrd » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:07 am

Zironic wrote:I conclude that if I am oom I am supposed to /dance until my party is dead so I can die, get resurrected and drink.

I'm hoping they'll change it to base mana and buff it to somewhere between 3 and 5% so it's useful for people with low mana pools.

That would make it less useful for everyone else though (and full incentive for shamans and hunters to go right back to wearing only rogue leather).
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Candiru » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:12 am

It should regen a minimum amount of mana.

So 1% of total mana, or 3% of base mana, whichever is higher.
Candiru

Postby Zironic » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:17 am

fafhrd wrote:
Zironic wrote:I conclude that if I am oom I am supposed to /dance until my party is dead so I can die, get resurrected and drink.

That would make it less useful for everyone else though (and full incentive for shamans and hunters to go right back to wearing only rogue leather).

To be honest I've never been a fan of the whole "You have a mana bar thus you must go oom" policy that blizzard has atm. It's not like mana using classes are able to do more dps while having mana then energy/rage/rune users.
Zironic

Postby Faeth » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:21 am

Well considering the "oh i don't use JoW anyways when i tank" posts i just want to reply that i too, never use JoW when tanking.

So far i only ever used JoL when tanking for known reasons. However, apart from tanking there's also this part where i (you?) want to solo...

Currently dailies and in WOTLK levelling. Ofc one can expect paladins to respec retri for levelling, but unless absolutely necessary i'd rather level as Prot.

When i do this i'll most likely use JoW.
Faeth

Postby neokai » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:29 am

I think the most important question is how people have been affected by it, which can only truly be answered when servers go live. Before then, i'm reserving my judgement, pun not intended.
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.
My warcraftpets profile here

neokai

Postby Zironic » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:32 am

Faeth wrote:Well considering the "oh i don't use JoW anyways when i tank" posts i just want to reply that i too, never use JoW when tanking.

So far i only ever used JoL when tanking for known reasons. However, apart from tanking there's also this part where i (you?) want to solo...

Currently dailies and in WOTLK levelling. Ofc one can expect paladins to respec retri for levelling, but unless absolutely necessary i'd rather level as Prot.

When i do this i'll most likely use JoW.

I think that JoL is the best soloing judgement aswell,. Blessing of Sanctuary should cover your solo mana needs aslong as you're not fighting casters.

Also with my mighty mana pool of 4200 I'll be proccing JoW for 42 mana per proc with a low procrate. That's over 10 hits for a consecrate o.O.

Even if it did proc 100% of the time (Does anyone know the current procrate?) it's only about 100 MP5 with a 2 sec weapon. (Compared to BoS giving twice as much per hit with atleast 80% procrate per mob.).
Zironic

Postby neokai » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:45 am

Based on my understanding it was proccing 100% of the time for each hit before 3.0.3
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.
My warcraftpets profile here

neokai

Postby Fenris » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:52 am

Not sure if i remember right,but i seem to recall that sometime after they nerfed it this way on test GC posted that they felt it is now giving back too little for low-mp specs (i'll dig into the blue trackers later at home if i remember to)

So,there is still hope they'll change it some other way...
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Flex » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:46 pm

There's a GC post that they're unhappy with the patched state of JoW and how it unfairly penalizes low mana bar classes.
Flex

Postby elfjorc » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:49 pm

Zironic wrote:To be honest I've never been a fan of the whole "You have a mana bar thus you must go oom" policy that blizzard has atm. It's not like mana using classes are able to do more dps while having mana then energy/rage/rune users.

That's cause that's not their philosophy.

They want people to watch their mana and use it wisely =! you must run oom.
elfjorc

Next

Return to WotLK