Gear enchants with Wrath?..

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Gear enchants with Wrath?..

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:03 am

Howdy,

Putting together a new tanking set, going to get the 100 badge chest soon, and have been collecting the Kara epic gear, and got Pepe's clock last night.

So, going to have a massive enchanting bill soon, but am wondering with Wrath, what enchants?.. I see the old guides, but am wondering going into Wrath what will change. Do we have a Wrath enchant guide?.. Should I just be doing defense on everything that I can put it on? (especially since some of the gear, like Pepe's, is short on defense?)

thanks...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby PsiVen » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:12 am

Defense on everything you can get. You can't wear items like Pepe's at 80 and you'll have replaced it before then anyway.

I wouldn't recommend buying the badge chest as it will be replaced by 80. Wrath is a week away, just blow your badges on gems before their value is gone.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:46 am

PsiVen wrote:Defense on everything you can get. You can't wear items like Pepe's at 80 and you'll have replaced it before then anyway.

I wouldn't recommend buying the badge chest as it will be replaced by 80. Wrath is a week away, just blow your badges on gems before their value is gone.

Well, I won't be tanking then, as the blue aldor rep chest isn't really going to cut it leveling to 75 or 76 when the saronite chest is available.

Gems are a joke at 100G, and they are even worse really, because they'll be replaced by Northrend green gems by lvl 72.

Since the badge chest is better than the Saronite crafted one, I figured that was the best piece of gear to spend badges on. Looking at honor's gear list, it looks like the badge chest would be the last badge item standing.. (not gonna get the one off Illidan, so...)

halabar

Postby Garath.Gorefiend » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:22 am

I agreed Def enchants where you can put em are good.

Would of said Srt enchant to weapon, but there doesnt seem to be any WotLK Str enchants.
Garath.Gorefiend

Postby Jasari » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:29 am

Yeah, there really aren't any impressive wotlk tanking weapon enchants there really isn't anything impressive. I'm hoping they'll add a more tanking-oriented enchant soon.
Jasari

Postby PsiVen » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:23 pm

There are several blue rep chests, not sure if they're included in what you looked at but I doubt the badge chest holds up all the way to 80.

halabar wrote:Gems are a joke at 100G, and they are even worse really, because they'll be replaced by Northrend green gems by lvl 72.

I'm not saying you should spend your badges on gems for yourself, I mean liquidate them into gold while you can. That's why I'm recommending that you sell them now, because in a week the value will tank even farther.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:56 pm

PsiVen wrote:There are several blue rep chests, not sure if they're included in what you looked at but I doubt the badge chest holds up all the way to 80.

halabar wrote:Gems are a joke at 100G, and they are even worse really, because they'll be replaced by Northrend green gems by lvl 72.

I'm not saying you should spend your badges on gems for yourself, I mean liquidate them into gold while you can. That's why I'm recommending that you sell them now, because in a week the value will tank even farther.

Well, at least on honor's list, the badge chest is really the only badge item that holds up better than the crafted Saronite chest, so it should last a while.

Cash?.. I have about 50kG. If I've been working my ass off trying to get in runs to spend 15 badges on one gem that I'll be luck to get 80G for, then I'd be pretty pissed. I can farm gold from clefthoof a lot easier than that, with no repair bills.

So really, you are telling me I should just stop playing until the expac is here, because it's all pointless. hmm....

So it's enchant defense on what I can, str where I can after that.

(I picked up the potency enchant as a drop in ZA last night, that should pay for any enchants that I need)

halabar

Postby Chunes » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:03 pm

PsiVen wrote:There are several blue rep chests, not sure if they're included in what you looked at but I doubt the badge chest holds up all the way to 80.

yeah you won't be able to give epic gems away after the 13th. northrend green gems are just that good.
Chunes

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:08 pm

Chunes wrote:

yeah you won't be able to give epic gems away after the 13th. northrend green gems are just that good.

I'd still rather spend 100 badges on a chest that will last me until lvl 78+, than get MAYBE 500G for those badges... like I said, I have 50k in the bank...

halabar

Postby Thalani » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:05 am

"Replaced by 80" is true of a lot of things. That doesn't mean people should just stop playing...it also doesn't mean they're going to just magically hit 80 once they upgrade to WotLK...

I honestly find it very frustrating when people have the attitude like, "I WILL STRIDE NAKED INTO NORTHREND AND THE GODS OF WOW WILL PROVIDE!" The current Isle badge gear is going to last to around level 75, 76 or so. If OP has badges to burn and gold in the bank, I see nothing wrong with picking up the Shattrath Protectorate's Breastplate and putting either +defense or +6 stats on it.

-T.
Thalani

Postby Elsie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:17 am

Eh.. stride naked and geared to the badge is a rather large difference.

Personally, I would be more worried about my secondary professions right now - fishing and cooking. I have a feeling the two will be very useful off the bat.
Elsie

Return to WotLK