A well played tankadin can out live a warrior in same gear

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Norrath » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:18 am

Dumping all avoidance to attempt a heal is just stupid...
Norrath

Postby Corman » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:20 am

EvilNuff wrote:
Maihes wrote:Come on someone making their first post blatantly stating they healed last 30% cant be trolling at all....

That said Prince lasts all of what 1.5-2 minutes total?

Also you would AVOID more damage then you can heal, I would also like to know how you are gettin 4.5k FoLs...

Our last prince was 2:05...so honestly lay on hands is probably enough to heal 30% of it. :)

My favorite though is Illhoof - 27 seconds.
Corman

Postby adacus79 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:50 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Amarant_Pally wrote:
gomefun2 wrote:spell damage fights lol...

EDIT: that being said, my healers died on prince and I healed myself for the last 30% of the fight, if i didnt heal at all we would have died... so it is probably better over all, at least in that fight it was.

Is calling "bullshit" against any forums rules?

No.

But despite that, given how nerfed everything is now I don't just disbelieve that out of hand.

exaggeration "spelling" but i get the idea that he probably tanked a lil and threw a couple life saving heals for the last couple heals then layed on hands ext for the last x percent.
adacus79

Postby Belloc » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:26 am

Pre 3.0, I doubt anyone would've reliably been able to survive doing this on any melee-damage fight in the game.

This certainly will not work on any melee-damage fight in WotLK.
Belloc

Re: A well played tankadin can out live a warrior in same ge

Postby Cema » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:47 pm

gomefun2 wrote:Warriors may have 4% mitagation over us or w/e, but I made a spec for my pally at 80 that includes spiritual focus and healing light (8 points in holy). This build has 7 points in ret of course as well, and the rest in prot picking up all of the mitagation stuff.

My pally tank has pretty decent gear (all badge loot, T5, and ZA stuff). I often find myself flash healing or casting holy light on my self mid fight, now that blizzard has buffed push back on spells (no matter how many times you get hit a spell can only be pushed back twice). I don't find myself running oom, or losing threat ever (I'm pretty sure the threat bonus to righteous fury includes healing spells). basically with spiritual focus, I experience almost no loss in cast time, and if there is a holy pally with its aura I dont feel any at all. I can basically build up threat and cast about 3-5 heals on myself, without losing aggro, I can do this once in a while, and my mana will fill itself back up in time so i can do it again.

In the expansion we get sacred shield which is like an extra block every 6 seconds, also this spell increases flash of lights crit chance by 50%. This in combination with touched by the light (30% increase in crit heals), will make you much harder to kill in certain high damage boss encounters (if u cast the sacred shield on yourself, assuming no holy pally).

With my gear (which is beyond kara, I'll admit that), I tanked the last 30% of prince with no healer at all, I just healed myself, I got some mana back from blessing of sanc, and wisdom judgment, and seal, to cast a couple heals on myself.

Warriors cant heal themselves, and right now with my shit gear I can crit heal myself for 4.5k with flash heal (i have almost 16k health). Considering I have no or almost no cast push back, that is pretty significant, during high damage phases, to be able to heal myself for 4.5k more than once (it is like eating 2 health stones every 1.5-2seconds).

Anyway this is just a thought. I heal myself in almost every 5 man 10 man and 25 man. I do it often, so I cant wait for these buffs, to make me uber. IDK if u guys have ever tried to heal ureself midfight, but it helps longevity a lot.

just rofl :D
Cema

Postby yappo » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:38 am

This KIND of works in insanity PUG-mode, and I'm talking lowly five-mans here, which basically is the only experience I have.

All players attack boss, healer included, and four player death is taken for granted. When we get close to wipe I bubble and double Holy Light for full, or almost full life. Pot mana and watch the rest of the party go down. Continue whacking until almost dead again and Lay on Hands. It usually goes down as planned.
This usually happens at the end of an instance when someone announces that they have to depart shortly. A full wipe is preferred to the prospect of quitting two rooms from last boss, I guess.

Anyway, bubble, two Holy Light and a mana potion will take you back to almost full life, if you crit one of them, and set you up with enough mana to continue fighting. It's kind of like a ten second panic-button.
yappo

Postby sanctifico » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:40 am

yappo wrote:Anyway, bubble, two Holy Light and a mana potion will take you back to almost full life, if you crit one of them, and set you up with enough mana to continue fighting. It's kind of like a ten second panic-button.

And while your bubbled, the healer and dps all die.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby yappo » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:08 am

sanctifico wrote:
yappo wrote:Anyway, bubble, two Holy Light and a mana potion will take you back to almost full life, if you crit one of them, and set you up with enough mana to continue fighting. It's kind of like a ten second panic-button.

And while your bubbled, the healer and dps all die.

And where in my original post did I say otherwise? Insanity PUG-mode, four players expected to die.
yappo

Postby Karock » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:44 am

Is this seriously still floating around? The guy made three posts and it's five pages now!
Karock

Postby Rehlachs- » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:52 am

yappo wrote:Insanity PUG-mode, four players expected to die.

this reminds me to a movie called 'Mean Guns'.
Rehlachs-

Postby sanctifico » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:44 am

misread, didnt realise it was intentional :p

Bit silly when the fight would be quicker with the healer keeping you alive so the DPS survive so he dies faster.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Blutreich » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:48 am

if that was the MO then can we rename the post
A idiot tankadin can out live a warrior in same gear at the expense of his party members.
Going to spend my cab money on more shots and just take the ambulance home
Blutreich

Postby kurros » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:55 am

I suppose this might be too late to point out, but shouldn't this be in the general forum?
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Previous

Return to WotLK