A well played tankadin can out live a warrior in same gear

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby lusisia » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:50 am

majorwoo wrote:While I also agree the OP is exaggerating/making up the claims I did get a 4.15k crit fol in my holy gear while prot spec'd, so maybe he was tanking in his holy gear? :twisted:


I pulled a 9k crit HL in my holy gear. Blew my mind.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
User avatar
lusisia
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:11 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA. US

Postby Zalaria » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:20 am

I think there's a bug with the %-healing-taken auras that make it stack to crazy amounts. When I was holy for a brut kill (lolvoidwalkertank) I was pulling 30k HL crits and almost 10k FoL crits. That... just shouldn't happen.

So maybe the OP got to abuse a bug without realizing it?
/shrug
Doesn't affect me at all, I stick to tanking when I have a mob hitting me in the face.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
User avatar
Zalaria
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:27 am

Postby Jobah » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:21 am

Hey man, i just hammer of justice prince and stun him and heal myself when my healers die. And then, when hammer of justice is on cooldown i tank prince with my bubble up and dont lose agro. Really though, all you gotta do is auto attack with seal of light open, every melee attack i do it heals me for like 7k when it crits, even though i dont even think it can crit, it crits anyways. Seriously how can a warrior compete with this? All hes got is shield wall, ill take my 7k SoL crits imo. Yeah man, and it crits every single time.
Jobah
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:49 pm

Postby Elexis » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:22 am

Best troll I've seen in quite a while.
Elexis
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:17 am

Postby Jellypop » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:53 am

maybe his tanking gears consists of healing gears?

i duno
Image
Jellypop
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:12 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Postby uke » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:05 pm

Jobah wrote:Hey man, i just hammer of justice prince and stun him and heal myself when my healers die. And then, when hammer of justice is on cooldown i tank prince with my bubble up and dont lose agro. Really though, all you gotta do is auto attack with seal of light open, every melee attack i do it heals me for like 7k when it crits, even though i dont even think it can crit, it crits anyways. Seriously how can a warrior compete with this? All hes got is shield wall, ill take my 7k SoL crits imo. Yeah man, and it crits every single time.


This

made me LOL :P
Pally's been relegated to AH duties.

RAWR'ing it up as a bear now, with a side of boomkin.
uke
 
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:23 am

Postby EvilNuff » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:07 pm

Maihes wrote:Come on someone making their first post blatantly stating they healed last 30% cant be trolling at all....

That said Prince lasts all of what 1.5-2 minutes total?

Also you would AVOID more damage then you can heal, I would also like to know how you are gettin 4.5k FoLs...


Our last prince was 2:05...so honestly lay on hands is probably enough to heal 30% of it. :)
EvilNuff
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:24 pm

Postby Kellann » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:45 pm

Arguably you can self heal on Prince by playing with the mechanics of the fight...but I don't think that the game has been so distorted by 3.0 that you should consider it a viable alternative.

You just let the shadow damage knock you back and heal while he runs to you - no blocky problems. Granted I don't recall if it works that way in phase 3, but I do remember healing myself like this once back when this was a 'SrsBznz' fight and I *accidentally* got knocked back with a small enough slice of health remaining that I tried such an odd idea (healers were out of range).

But then again...in the current incarnation of the game kara doesn't really need 'healers' for quite a few fights (Myself and a Ret did Moroes with a hunter for extra DPS. Probably coulda done it just the 2 of us).
Kellann - Uther
Kellann
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:41 am

Postby Nicki » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:08 pm

This post made me ROFL
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Nicki
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:04 pm

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:42 pm

Zalaria wrote:I think there's a bug with the %-healing-taken auras that make it stack to crazy amounts. When I was holy for a brut kill (lolvoidwalkertank) I was pulling 30k HL crits and almost 10k FoL crits. That... just shouldn't happen.

So maybe the OP got to abuse a bug without realizing it?
/shrug
Doesn't affect me at all, I stick to tanking when I have a mob hitting me in the face.


That's possible, I know a tree druid was exploiting (not in a bad way) a bug in beta not too long ago that had a similar problem. I was hitting him with holy light crits for 20k, in prot gear.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9667
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Postby Katamai » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:17 am

Fridmarr wrote:
Zalaria wrote:I think there's a bug with the %-healing-taken auras that make it stack to crazy amounts. When I was holy for a brut kill (lolvoidwalkertank) I was pulling 30k HL crits and almost 10k FoL crits. That... just shouldn't happen.

So maybe the OP got to abuse a bug without realizing it?
/shrug
Doesn't affect me at all, I stick to tanking when I have a mob hitting me in the face.


That's possible, I know a tree druid was exploiting (not in a bad way) a bug in beta not too long ago that had a similar problem. I was hitting him with holy light crits for 20k, in prot gear.


He said healers were dead so if he had a tree aura, he lost it when druid died.
Last edited by Katamai on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
User avatar
Katamai
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:25 pm
Location: Silvermoon, EU

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:19 am

Katamai wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:
Zalaria wrote:I think there's a bug with the %-healing-taken auras that make it stack to crazy amounts. When I was holy for a brut kill (lolvoidwalkertank) I was pulling 30k HL crits and almost 10k FoL crits. That... just shouldn't happen.

So maybe the OP got to abuse a bug without realizing it?
/shrug
Doesn't affect me at all, I stick to tanking when I have a mob hitting me in the face.


That's possible, I know a tree druid was exploiting (not in a bad way) a bug in beta not too long ago that had a similar problem. I was hitting him with holy light crits for 20k, in prot gear.


He said healers were dead so if he had a tree aura, he lost it when druid died. Again, i call BS.

Oh, I'm not validating any claims made in this thread, just saying that there was a bug with those auras being able to be stacked in some way.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9667
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Postby Katamai » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:29 am

Fridmarr wrote:Oh, I'm not validating any claims made in this thread, just saying that there was a bug with those auras being able to be stacked in some way.


I know :)

Was just saying.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
User avatar
Katamai
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:25 pm
Location: Silvermoon, EU

Postby Candiru » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:53 am

The +104 armour to Devo aura libram briefly made imp.devo aura increase healing by +110% healing rather than +6% since I guess the +104 was adding to the wrong databit.

Is this bug fixed now?
Image
Candiru
 
Posts: 2479
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:21 pm

Postby sanctifico » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:58 am

Splug wrote:In other news, you need more than 12.5k armor to soak saber lashes with 12k health. Mail armor just doesn't cut it, though I think if I'd gotten ancestral fortitude up before the pull I'd have been ok...

On an up note, evidently if you can punch a hole through his head fast enough on the merged phases, the lynx boss will only saber lash once the entire fight.

-Splug


Lashes can be soaked by a Fury warrior in Fury gear easliy hell if you outgear it and said Fury warrior forgets what to do, you only take 11-12k saberlashes to the face.
Image

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:47 am
Location: Customer Services Exec.

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest