Remove Advertisements

Are the raids that currently have a weekly/3day lockout...

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby majiben » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:09 pm

turns out having 25 high exp quests will yeild about 20% of a level.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Re: Are the raids that currently have a weekly/3day lockout.

Postby Noradin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:39 pm

mirkodeluxe wrote:
kurros wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
raids don't give good XP

That is why you do karazhan in a 5 man group :P

Anyone else notice that naxx currently resets every day at 10am? Is that just for beta? Also, there is no distinction between heroic and regular mode naxxramas resetting, I suppose that just means they both reset at the same time.

I understand your thinking, but you cant do kara with a normal group.
It is a raid instance and therefore you need a raidgroup, xp penalties for raidgroups apply. Go Northrend 5-mans instead.

You can do it as normal group - just get in, disband raid and let the previous leader reinvite.
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:59 pm

kurros wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
raids don't give good XP

Anyone else notice that naxx currently resets every day at 10am? Is that just for beta? Also, there is no distinction between heroic and regular mode naxxramas resetting, I suppose that just means they both reset at the same time.

Not only does this not work for reasons already stated in the thread, but in addition to the raid group penalty, raid mobs simply do not give that much base experience in comparison to their regular instance counterparts.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby kurros » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:02 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
kurros wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
raids don't give good XP

Not only does this not work for reasons already stated in the thread, but in addition to the raid group penalty, raid mobs simply do not give that much base experience in comparison to their regular instance counterparts.

There is no raid group penalty for raid groups of 5 or less. Try it and see, if you are in a raid of 5 you get the exact same XP as a party of 5.

Besides, you wouldn't do it just for the XP, you are also getting a ton of soon to be obsolete badges and void crystals.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Postby Zumor » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:50 pm

kurros wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
raids don't give good XP

in beta they reset every day for testing
but: in the new calendar you can use the filter for resets and you can see that naxx resets on live everyday as well
but I think thats only a little thing thats not yet changed from the beta-clients
Naxx should be the same like kara, once per weak, but as raid and heroic raid (10 and 25)
one naxx raid, and one naxx heroic raid per week

btw: learn the word, Heroic Raid
thats used in WotLK for 25mann instances, raid is 10, heroic raid is 25
you control the raids like heroics, turn on heroicmode=Heroic Raid for 25members, Turn it off = 10member raids
Zumor

Postby Belloc » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:12 am

Jasari wrote:
Belloc wrote:
Jasari wrote:
Guillex wrote:What Sabin said.

And also, if you have completed quests waiting to be turned in, that's all fine and dandy, but don't think that you're going to get better exp from quests that you have for BC.

Honestly, you get tons of exp from Northrend quests. So just go and do eet!

If you do quests and wait to turn them in until wotlk is released you actually won't get any xp from them at all. You only get xp for quests that you complete AFTER the release of the xpac. You might actually only get xp for quests that you pick up after the release, but I'm not sure about that.

It's a moot point though because if you're goal is to level efficiently, your best bet is questing in northrend. There's really no secret.

This is absolutely false. It didn't work this way when BC was released and it didn't work this way in the WotLK beta.

I apologize, this is what I read and saw "confirmed" by a few people on the beta forums. After doing a quick search of the beta forums, there are now some people who have repudiated this assumption though with actually experience.

So yes, if you want to stock up on some completed but un-turned in quests, it'd be a way to grab a very small amount of xp to speed up 70-71.
To add to that, the best way to do this would be to complete as many daily quests as possible in a small area. The way I'm planning to do it is to complete all of the dailies in Ogri'la, Shattrath, and Isle of QD. I'll log off in Ogri'la. When WotLK is installed, I'll turn all of those dailies in, Hearth to Isle, turn those in, scroll to Shatt, turn those in, and then take the Stormwind portal and move onto Howling Fjord (my favorite starting zone). This, in my opinion, is probably the most efficient use of saving up quests to turn in.

If you can save up some of the big-gold quests in Shatt (TK and BT attunements, dungeon/heroic dailies, or something else that I'm missing), they will be worth the most XP.
Belloc

Previous

Return to WotLK