Are the raids that currently have a weekly/3day lockout...

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Are the raids that currently have a weekly/3day lockout...

Postby Bk992004 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:02 pm

Still going to have a weekly/3day lockout in WOTLK? Or will we be able to run Kara/ZA for XP out the rear? I guess they'd have to remove badges if they made them so you could run them at will, but I think I'd like to be able to run these for a few days while everyone else is messing around in Northrend and making that area an irritating place to be, and still get some XP out of it.

I didn't play until about 6months after BC came out, so I don't know how that works... were places like Naxx and BWL and MC on 3day/weekly timers like the raids now?
Bk992004

Postby uke » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:03 pm

Old level 60 raids still have a lockout timer as of now, so I believe lvl 70 content will have the same deal.
Pally's been relegated to AH duties.

RAWR'ing it up as a bear now, with a side of boomkin.
uke

Postby Andryana » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:04 pm

All the pre-tbc raids kept there lockouts, so don't see this happening.
Andryana

Re: Are the raids that currently have a weekly/3day lockout.

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:05 pm

Bk992004 wrote:Still going to have a weekly/3day lockout in WOTLK? Or will we be able to run Kara/ZA for XP out the rear? I guess they'd have to remove badges if they made them so you could run them at will, but I think I'd like to be able to run these for a few days while everyone else is messing around in Northrend and making that area an irritating place to be, and still get some XP out of it.

I didn't play until about 6months after BC came out, so I don't know how that works... were places like Naxx and BWL and MC on 3day/weekly timers like the raids now?

raids don't give good XP
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby guillex » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:08 pm

What Sabin said.

And also, if you have completed quests waiting to be turned in, that's all fine and dandy, but don't think that you're going to get better exp from quests that you have for BC.

Honestly, you get tons of exp from Northrend quests. So just go and do eet!
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Jasari » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:12 pm

Guillex wrote:What Sabin said.

And also, if you have completed quests waiting to be turned in, that's all fine and dandy, but don't think that you're going to get better exp from quests that you have for BC.

If you do quests and wait to turn them in until wotlk is released you actually won't get any xp from them at all. You only get xp for quests that you complete AFTER the release of the xpac. You might actually only get xp for quests that you pick up after the release, but I'm not sure about that.

It's a moot point though because if you're goal is to level efficiently, your best bet is questing in northrend. There's really no secret.
Jasari

Postby majiben » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:19 pm

Jasari wrote:

If you do quests and wait to turn them in until wotlk is released you actually won't get any xp from them at all. You only get xp for quests that you complete AFTER the release of the xpac. You might actually only get xp for quests that you pick up after the release, but I'm not sure about that.

It's a moot point though because if you're goal is to level efficiently, your best bet is questing in northrend. There's really no secret.
Are you certain? Even so there a few dailies that you collect the materials but not complete it till you do something simple to them.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Bk992004 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:33 pm

I don't do the old-world stuff often, so I didn't realize they're on lock-outs also. Thanks for that.

As far as not getting much XP and just going to quest in Northrend... I really couldn't stand the Isle for the first week or two after it opened b/c of all the jag-offs running around the place, and I'm not expecting Northrend to be much better. Between douchebags flagging themselves then mounting an elekk or kodo and sitting on top of NPCs you need to talk to and general lag issues, I prefer to stay out of busy places until things become less new and shiny.

So less, but some, XP is fine with me for a bit, I have no problem with that and waiting for the griefers to get bored/suspended.
Bk992004

Postby mirkodeluxe » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:34 pm

IMHO, if youre going to run any instance for XP. Why not just pick one where useful gear is dropping?
Even IF old instances gave the same amount of XP per mob, which they wont, I still would go for northrend stuff.
mirkodeluxe

Postby Kierna » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:38 pm

Jasari wrote:If you do quests and wait to turn them in until wotlk is released you actually won't get any xp from them at all. You only get xp for quests that you complete AFTER the release of the xpac. You might actually only get xp for quests that you pick up after the release, but I'm not sure about that.

Has this been tested on beta? When TBC came out, I had a bunch of completed quests that I turned in for XP.
Kierna

Postby kurros » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:17 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
raids don't give good XP

That is why you do karazhan in a 5 man group :P

Anyone else notice that naxx currently resets every day at 10am? Is that just for beta? Also, there is no distinction between heroic and regular mode naxxramas resetting, I suppose that just means they both reset at the same time.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Postby mirkodeluxe » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:23 pm

kurros wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
raids don't give good XP

Anyone else notice that naxx currently resets every day at 10am? Is that just for beta? Also, there is no distinction between heroic and regular mode naxxramas resetting, I suppose that just means they both reset at the same time.

I understand your thinking, but you cant do kara with a normal group.
It is a raid instance and therefore you need a raidgroup, xp penalties for raidgroups apply. Go Northrend 5-mans instead.
mirkodeluxe

Postby majorwoo » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:40 pm

kurros wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
raids don't give good XP

I would have to assume yes, I don't see that being a 1 day clear for some time.
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Belloc » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:53 pm

Jasari wrote:

This is absolutely false. It didn't work this way when BC was released and it didn't work this way in the WotLK beta.
Belloc

Postby Jasari » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:06 pm

Belloc wrote:
Jasari wrote:

This is absolutely false. It didn't work this way when BC was released and it didn't work this way in the WotLK beta.

I apologize, this is what I read and saw "confirmed" by a few people on the beta forums. After doing a quick search of the beta forums, there are now some people who have repudiated this assumption though with actually experience.

So yes, if you want to stock up on some completed but un-turned in quests, it'd be a way to grab a very small amount of xp to speed up 70-71.
Jasari

Next

Return to WotLK