How long does T6 last

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

How long does T6 last

Postby honorshammer » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:19 pm

I never made it very far on Beta. At what point did you start replacing T6 level gear?

I have 5/8 T6 (no boots, bracers, or belt) but my Bracers are Belt are T6 level (Bracers from Akama, Belt from Bloodboil), Boots are the 75 Badge ones because Naj and Akama won't cooperate.

Shield is Kaz'Rogal.
honorshammer

Postby Alerek » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:26 pm

General consensus has been that it'll last you till 78 or so, but some pieces will make it all the way to Naxx.
70 Paladin - Perenolde - Semper Vigilans
Alerek

Postby Mortehl » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:44 pm

You're GTG until heroics. Around 77-78 you'll start running into pieces that are better and once you hit 80 you need to make sure you're uncrittable. Understand that you can pretty much start heroics at around ~500 defense SKILL, but expect to wipe on bosses every so often until you get that defense up.

I recommend:

Plate chest from revered Wyrmrest Accord
Tempered Saronite helm, shoulders
Daunting legs, gloves

There's also assorted blues you can get from other slots too.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Chunes » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:48 pm

yeah that sounds about right. T6 will be more than sufficient (taking into consideration regemming for defense as its value drops each level gained) until the point where you can start crafting the BS BoE's and or start running heroics. This time around heroics are not as brutally overtuned and are a very logical option for gearing prior to naxx.
Chunes

Postby Mortehl » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:50 pm

The thing I will tell you about heroics for the first few times is -patience-. You're going to assrape the non heroics because they're tuned for people at level 70 in greens, not people in endgame(ish) gear.

Contrary to what you were used to, you are not in act Tyrion Fordring, you're more like Flintlocke.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby daemonym » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Mortehl wrote:Contrary to what you were used to, you are not in act Tyrion Fordring, you're more like Flintlocke.

what?
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby majiben » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:04 pm

Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:04 pm

daemonym wrote:
Mortehl wrote:Contrary to what you were used to, you are not in act Tyrion Fordring, you're more like Flintlocke.

what?

http://pc.gamespy.com/flintlockes-guide ... 826p1.html
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:12 pm

On beta i was able to keep uncrit at 80 with my paladin with just 2 daunting piece, epic bs shield and helm from heroic Nexus, rest being all T6.

You will however change everything pretty quick at 80.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Petrus » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:15 pm

I've been looking at loot on wowhead asking myself this same question, and it looks like *most* comparable upgrades are in the 78-80 blues range. Anything lower is either lower iLevel or lower quality with higher iLevel (i.e. ilevel 160-170 quest greens that just aren't quite as good as 141+ epics).
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Sonic » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:31 pm

And yet there's still no pally in either comic. No love. T_T
Sonic

Postby mirkodeluxe » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:37 pm

Mortehl wrote:The thing I will tell you about heroics for the first few times is -patience-. You're going to assrape the non heroics because they're tuned for people at level 70 in greens, not people in endgame(ish) gear.

Contrary to what you were used to, you are not in act Tyrion Fordring, you're more like Flintlocke.

So.. What?
Do you mean that heroics are actually going to be a challenge because theyre tuned that way or do you mean theyre gonna be a challenge because we're all mentally challenged?
mirkodeluxe

Postby fafhrd » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:43 pm

i think he means that the non-heroics you'll do to level will be stupidly easy, and when you actually get to 80 and do a heroic, you'll be surprised at the jump in difficulty.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby mirkodeluxe » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:48 pm

aye, I figured as much and that's what I was hoping for. :)
mirkodeluxe

Postby Arcand » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:28 pm

Would someone mind extending the subject question to the lower tiers?

You'll replace Karazhan/Tier 4 stuff around level _____
You'll replace Tier 5/Early Badge stuff around level _____
You'll replace Tier 6/2nd-Generation Badge stuff around level _____

I know the ilevels could partially answer this for me, but a huge part of the equation is how well they've built the new items and how accessible they are in-game and I won't know that for a couple more weeks.
Arcand

Next

Return to WotLK