Now that AW causes forbearance again

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby TokenElf » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:13 am

Andryana wrote:I just don't understand these hotfixes(and they are all to Ret), is it really needed to balance lvl 70 PvP when we are two weeks away from expansion?

In the meanwhile arcane mages are two-shotting people and that is fine..

And Resto druids were getting their shoulders with no issues for 3 seasons and they never got hotfixed to stop dominating as healers in 2v.

Warriors were 22% of all arena characters above 2K for 3 seasons. No hotfixes there.

But if a ret paladin can get there, TO THE GROUND BABY
TokenElf

Postby Nemue » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:40 am

What seems to elude everyone complaining about retridins, is that retridins get every single dpstalent they need with the talentpts they have at lvl70, while pretty much every other class needs the extra 10 from reach lvl80 to reach their full potential.

By the time we reach 80 and everyone has caught up, we´ll be behind, again.
Nemue

Postby Sabindeus » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:06 am

Nemue wrote:What seems to elude everyone complaining about retridins, is that retridins get every single dpstalent they need with the talentpts they have at lvl70, while pretty much every other class needs the extra 10 from reach lvl80 to reach their full potential.

By the time we reach 80 and everyone has caught up, we´ll be behind, again.

Well that's just false.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Sabindeus » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:06 am

TokenElf wrote:
Andryana wrote:I just don't understand these hotfixes(and they are all to Ret), is it really needed to balance lvl 70 PvP when we are two weeks away from expansion?

In the meanwhile arcane mages are two-shotting people and that is fine..

And Resto druids were getting their shoulders with no issues for 3 seasons and they never got hotfixed to stop dominating as healers in 2v.

Warriors were 22% of all arena characters above 2K for 3 seasons. No hotfixes there.

But if a ret paladin can get there, TO THE GROUND BABY

It's true. I don't understand why so many hotfixes were needed for this.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:19 am

Sabindeus wrote:

I'm personally hotfixing myself by having a warrior ready to use if they don't stop nerfing retri and backfiring that on us before the 13 of november ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:38 am

Worldie wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

I'm personally hotfixing myself by having a warrior ready to use if they don't stop nerfing retri and backfiring that on us before the 13 of november ;)

By looking at your warrior I would say you already decided on that :P
Io.Draco

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:06 pm

Nah i really havent decided what to play in WotLK, but the costant unnecessary nerfs we're getting because of retri make me wish they delete retribution tree completely and replace it with a button "Transform your character into a arms warrior".

p.s armory is outdated, my warrior looks much cooler now (ssc mace + gruul shield) and has the band of etenity too, and some more upgrades :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lother » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:32 pm

Worldie wrote:Nah i really havent decided what to play in WotLK, but the costant unnecessary nerfs we're getting because of retri make me wish they delete retribution tree completely and replace it with a button "Transform your character into a arms warrior".

p.s armory is outdated, my warrior looks much cooler now (ssc mace + gruul shield) and has the band of etenity too, and some more upgrades :P

Traitor
Lother

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:35 pm

Meh, spellreflecting pyros is addictive, believe me :<

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenris » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:48 pm

Think i dont have words left....

.....i'll go remove AW from my bar for pve,brb
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Elsie » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:08 pm

They've seen the massive influx of paladins as people feeling they need to be paladin to compete. I see this as a majority of those people wanted to be a paladin, but they could not since paladin is not, historically and currently, competitive.

Really, paladin is extremely strong against people with lesser gear. However, in arena settings where the majority of players have resilience and season 3 or better those advantages are quickly stripped.

I still want divine shield to turn into magic and debuff immunity with no forbearance. See my previous post on the subject. And this would be a buff to Protection paladins.
Elsie

Postby Snikks » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:15 pm

Worldie wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

Snap, my warrior has started levelling rather rapidly after this last "fix".
Snikks

Postby Erendis » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:15 pm

You know, I think i'd almost be fine with this if they went back to a 1 minute forebearance.
Erendis
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:35 pm

It's just a little patronizing that they don't seem to think things like this through.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:38 pm

They're getting close to deadline, and hotfixing is their solution to not having enough time to implement properly and still get adequate testing on whether the change works. It isn't ideal, because with hotfixes are limited in what they can change (note that GC said they'd use forbearance *if* it could be hotfixed to shorter duration, which it apparently could).
This change was done on short notice, yes, and it's not particularly well implemented, but I think it was really just a "lets see if locking out bubble and wings make ret pvp look more balanced" change, and I trust they'll actually fix the implementation after they've seen the result. Remember that from the patch day to WotLK release 3.0 is still essentially a work in progress (yes that can be said of WoW as a whole, but they at least try to get things to a stable state by release).
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK