Weapon Oils and Sharpening Stones gone

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Easier?

Postby djellum » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:29 am

Im about the poorest raider you will find. between school and work I actually do log on about 5 min before and ditch right after were done.

Oils were never a problem. sometimes getting the money for a flask was rough since I rarely have more than 100 gold, but a 5 gold oil? I could see the sharpening stones being more costly, but they could just give BS the ability to use the crap stone you find on mobs to make them and it would lessen the amount of grinding needed for them a lot.

I liked having a choice between mana or dmg on my druid. I can see where ppl would only use 1 most of the time though.

I say give enchanters or inscripters (or both) the ability to do 1 hour temp chants. would be something active to give those professions. the other skills have cool crap going on like drums, potion mastery (or whatever it is), toys, etc. unless you get a new ring chanting is just helping your friends out or being the shard bitch. it would also be nice since chanting is profitable and completely boring on the level.

djellum

Postby PsiVen » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:48 am

Dumb change, both oils and stones were fine and poisons/WF were obviously better. I guess they felt the advantage wasn't pronounced enough. Buff rogues more?
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Garath.Gorefiend » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:11 pm

It is sad to see them go...one of the very few things BS crafters could make that would sell...

Chanters still have lots to sell, but the oils always sold good too...
Garath.Gorefiend

Postby Murbella » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:21 pm

Yeah i dont get the problem with them. they're extremely cheap to make and they work for every class pretty much. unlike potions or food buffs, they also last through death and last for a long time. was an easy way to give a little buff to yourself.
Murbella

Postby daemonym » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:29 pm

Murbella wrote:Yeah i dont get the problem with them. they're extremely cheap to make and they work for every class pretty much. unlike potions or food buffs, they also last through death and last for a long time. was an easy way to give a little buff to yourself.

i agree, the oils were not really zomgz so hard to get! and they weren't completely OP either, just really nice thigns to help pile onto your threat and a bit more dps so yo udon't have to gear for spell damage. now with strength being in, it's not such a huge deal. still gonna miss them though.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby kurros » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:07 pm

I like the change, one less constant expense to worry about.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Postby crabcrouton » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:20 am

Personally I'm split on the matter. It was kind of a hassle to keep oils stocked and remember to use it every other RF rebuff.

On the other hand they were my best-selling items. Having the old world ZG oils made me soooooo much money that it's going to be sad seeing them go.
crabcrouton

Postby Bhall » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:26 am

This is just bullshit, stupid ols cost like 5g per the stack of 5. How big a fucking problem it was to get them. This is just bullshit, stupid casuals.

Anyways, how is it gonna be then? Do all the oils fell apart when the new patch is applied like it happened with old cripling poison for rogues or they just wont work on L80 weapons. How is it?
Bhall

Postby majiben » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:33 am

Your first half of your post is not helpful in anyway. They had many reasons for removing consumable weapon buffs and you can not simply rag on your favorite scapegoat.

As for the second part you will likely get the message "This item does not meet the requirements." You can still apply it to your old weapons however.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Levantine » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:39 am

Do they realise that Food Buffs, Elixirs and Flasks are all more powerful and expensive?
Levantine

Postby elfjorc » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:41 am

Levantine wrote:Do they realise that Food Buffs, Elixirs and Flasks are all more powerful and expensive?

To be fair those are standalone. Weapon oils clash with some class buffs.

Hell, this is like a warlock buff cause of Firestone/Spellstone. (did they stack with wiz oil?)
elfjorc

Postby Ryu » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:53 am

They're doing a good job dumbing the game down >.>
Ryu

Postby Jasari » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:20 am

Ryu wrote:They're doing a good job dumbing the game down >.>

How is no longer requiring everyone to right click a consumable and then click on their weapon every hour "dumbing the game down"?

Making is more casual-friendly? yes
Making raiding more affordable? yes
Taking away a benefit to being extra-prepared for a raid? yes

dumbing the game down? not at all.
Jasari

Postby Drathian » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:22 am

Ryu wrote:They're doing a good job dumbing the game down >.>

Just finishing what they started.

Coming from EverQuest, WoW was already "dumbed down" from day 1.
Drathian

Postby uke » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:27 am

Welp, we got the usual "casual vs hardcore" garbage out of the way now.

Now we just need to drag in "PVE vs PVP" and "my pet spec vs. any other spec" to complete the locksville trifecta.
Pally's been relegated to AH duties.

RAWR'ing it up as a bear now, with a side of boomkin.
uke

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK