Weapon Oils and Sharpening Stones gone

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Splug » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:13 pm

Elsie wrote:
It also now benefits dual wield classes in a way more similar to how it benefits 2h classes, and is a regular sustained damage increase rather than a massive burst increase. The real killer was trying to balance pvp burst damage around the presence or absence of a major change provided by another class.

I'd disagree with this. The benefit for 2h and dual wield classes is on par. Neither could use the items in arena, anyway.
Where it = Windfury, not sharpening stones.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:19 pm

Elsie wrote:
It also now benefits dual wield classes in a way more similar to how it benefits 2h classes, and is a regular sustained damage increase rather than a massive burst increase. The real killer was trying to balance pvp burst damage around the presence or absence of a major change provided by another class.

I'd disagree with this. The benefit for 2h and dual wield classes is on par. Neither could use the items in arena, anyway.

Oh, you could definitely zone into arenas with weapon oils on :P I don't know if they fixed it by s4, or how long ago if they did, but iirc through all of s1 you could have any temporary enchantment on your weapons you wanted, so long as you didn't have the weapon equipped while zoning in.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Riekko » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:17 pm

this is just great.. luckily i spent hours on scourges and bought loads of oil in preparation for naxx.
Riekko

Postby Maethoriel » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:48 am

Now, is it tested and that we can apply stones/oil to "Requires Level 70 - 79" weapons, but as soon as we see "Requires Level 80" it goes away?
I just want to know if I can use the onces I made already for leveling or get rid of them now.
Maethoriel

Postby Ilara » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:21 am

siigh.

On one side, I can see where they are going with the whole "cheaper to raid, no need to farm for stuff" bullshit.... the change to potions is the same.

At the same time it removes reason to farm outside of raiding, reason to play outside of raiding and instancing, reason for many of the professions and the ability to put in a little extra effort outside of raid to get that extra edge.
To me it looks like yet again everyone is going to end up more of the same. In fact I'd even go so far as to say yet again Bliz caved into the QQ of "we can't afford to raid" bitches.
While it is less to manage... it's also less to think about. Is WoW really being so dumbed down? Sad.

Insert counter argument "I don't have time to do all that shite, I want the same edge" yadda yadda bullshit here.

since blizzcon, the more GC posts, the more and more I am seriously thinking WoW is over.
Last edited by Ilara on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guillex wrote:chop chop slap chop slap slap /b/ fap fap.... gogo
Ilara

Postby Jerey-Darkspear » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:38 am

Agree with previous poster. Once I hit 80, I'll only have to log in 5 mins before raid start and can log off 5 mins after raid start. Off nights will no longer be needed for farming, not that I had anything to farm now anyway. Maybe we can pump our raid schedules to four nights a week instead of three now! How's that for making it less casual?

On a positive note, Blizzard is making it a lot easier to quit when the time comes to quit :)
Jerey-Darkspear

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:06 am

And thats why we got achievmenets added to the game , makes it a bit funnier :P
Io.Draco

Postby Nemue » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:22 am

What an awesome announcement.

After having wasted time farming over 100+ sharpeningstones they post this shit, why couldnt they have made this official before the event.

Now im kind of curious what the whole point of the event is.
Nemue

Postby Selinaria » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:43 am

To be fair, it was in beta for a long time that low level oils/stones would not work.

Blizzard just didn't confirm or deny that there wouldn't be new ones. So basically low level ones were already vetoed down for a while.

I like my life easier, more time to goof around in game.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby TokenElf » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:10 am

So now the only classes able to use a temporary enchant on their weapons are rogues and shaman.

yeesh.
TokenElf

Postby Nemue » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:38 am

Deathknights also get some pretty pimp weapon enchants as part of their class.
Nemue

Postby fafhrd » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:43 am

Next on the chopping block in the name of making everything easier:

i. no more welfeds
ii. no more repair bills

I really don't get how this is a major saving of time anyway - I spend more time farming well feds and elixirs than I've ever spent farming oils, simply because oils last through death, and last an hour each - they're not a pain to use at all.

All they needed to do was make it so that you could put oils on your weapons without removing poisons, so that rogues didn't get screwed out of a consumable that everyone else uses - not that rogues are particularly hurting DPS anyway.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Elsie » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:36 am

Next announcement:

To reduce costs on raiding, we will be introducing pvp rewards without resilience at a reduced cost of about 1000 honor and 5 marks each. This will be introduced as a tier for each season with the same item value as normal pvp gear.
Elsie

Postby Sharlos » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:17 pm

Nemue wrote:Deathknights also get some pretty pimp weapon enchants as part of their class.

pretty sure DK enchants replace permenant weapon enchants.
I hate signatures, but i love irony
Sharlos

Postby Sheherezade » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:20 am

Nemue wrote:Deathknights also get some pretty pimp weapon enchants as part of their class.

not stackable with wep enchants... :(
Brainssss... ( <3 Murata Renge!)
Sheherezade

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK