Remove Advertisements

I'm just a bit worried

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby honorshammer » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:29 am

I refuse to worry about. I worried most of tBC. I like playing my Paladin, and I'll keep playing him.

I'm a pretty good player. You want me, I tank. You want another tank, great, but I'll be taking my services elsewhere.
honorshammer

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:29 am

ziggyunderslashone wrote:Base health difference (race dependant): 690 health

This doesn't sound right at all.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby ziggyunderslashone » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:40 am

Sabindeus wrote:
ziggyunderslashone wrote:Base health difference (race dependant): 690 health

This doesn't sound right at all.

How annoying, I can't seem to find where I got the 7624 base number from.

It seems to be nearly double that, I do beg Worldies pardon, 3200 stam sounds more like it.
ziggyunderslashone

Postby Vanifae » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:53 am

If you are seriously worried then do one of two things:

1) Play something else.

2) Keep playing what you want to play.

All the theorycraft in the world isn't going to help you if you are not having fun.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Aranbenjo » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:34 am

Worldie wrote:Man, honestly speaking, you are basically showing us that you understood nothing of whole WotLK patch notes and blue posts.

Expecially the one where they said "If the big majority of the guilds will still use a warrior main tank for every single fight, we failed with WotLK".

They are trying to make the 4 tanking classes equal.
They even nerfed Druids and DK to the point that you either are a good tank and a subpar DPS, or a good DPS but a subpar offtank.
The fact they occasionally fail in some points is another thing.

Sorry to say it ... but i perfectly understand what blizz says ...
for the moment they are failing when a guild has to select a MT (the one for single tank boss, so we are not using it for every single fight ,,, since when it comes to take 2 tanks there will be a second one ...).

The example is naj'entus ... we went there ... one 1 tank needed ... no nneed to select a tank different from the warrior.

We will see what happens with Wotlk ... but i think they will fail either.

But i'm having fun with my pally, i will not quit playing it ... but i'm disillusioned and i dont want to spend my time going around to prove i'm able to tank ... no need to do it ... since the guild dont need a different MT.

btw ... The rogue is a nice class :D:D:D
The savior of the broken,the beaten and the damned

Aranbenjo.Thunderhorn.EU
Aranbenjo

Postby elfjorc » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:41 am

The example is naj'entus ... we went there ... one 1 tank needed ... no nneed to select a tank different from the warrior.

They aren't trying to displace current tanks or their classes. There's no reason a guild that has a loyal Prot Warrior who's reliable, smart and good would ditch him, and there shouldn't be.
elfjorc

Postby Vanifae » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:42 am

elfjorc wrote:

They aren't trying to displace current tanks or their classes. There's no reason a guild that has a loyal Prot Warrior who's reliable, smart and good would ditch him, and there shouldn't be.

Pretty much this, I am not sure why you would expect this to be any different.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Playdoh » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:48 am

even when blizzard made paladins subpar tanks (not suppose to be MT), alot of paladins became MT's anyway.

Now that Blizzard has stated they really want the 4 tanking classes to be equal, that leaves it up to the individual guilds to take who they want to take. A guild that already has the warrior MT for progression in TBC will keep that MT. A guild that has others as MT will keep those.

The guilds that have a tank team that are already rotating through tanks being MT's are in a GREAT position.

I think that it's time to take off the boxing gloves, and be a tank team instead of a mentality of all raids are only going to have 1 mt.
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Postby Aranbenjo » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:00 am

Vanifae wrote:
elfjorc wrote:

Pretty much this, I am not sure why you would expect this to be any different.

Because we are in "MAINtankadin" site ...
Not "OFFtankadin" site or simply "Protadins" site.
we export concern and ideas ... about main tanking ... if there's not Main tanking we are talking fo something different.
So by your post we should have the consequence that
"all the MT idea will stay the same from BC to wotlk ... so i will never tank a boss like naj'entus on progression, since the fellow warrior is a good one"

And last ...
What does MT team means when it comes to the first Najentus encounter?
do u rotate for the first encounter on a single tank boss?
like "u take this ... i will take the next and the doods the next again?"
It's not sarcasm ... it's just trying to understand why ppl seems to share my concern, but none confirm that the situation has not changed between BC and WOTLK.

Since there will be a lot of Naj'entus encounter in progression there will be one of the TANKS that goes for first ... that is the main tank.
The savior of the broken,the beaten and the damned

Aranbenjo.Thunderhorn.EU
Aranbenjo

Postby Vanifae » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:04 am

You miss the point and I am not going to argue with someone who does not grasp simple concepts.

I know what site this is, I main tank several progression fights for my guild and intend to do so. This did not happen by accident and I always strive to improve. But the fact remains if your guild has a good tank now, be it druid, warrior, or paladin why would they all of a sudden switch to you and boot them without a good reason.

Even Death Knights will have to face this semi-uphill battle. If you have a solid and reliable tank now, or tank team why break that up needlessly?
Vanifae

Postby Io.Draco » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:05 am

GJ on QQ , how about you prove to your guild that your more skilled , reliable etc. then the other tanks?

Don't expect to tank single tank bosses simply like that on progression kills, it won't happen if people find the other tank better , and its NOT about the class
Io.Draco

Postby elfjorc » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:10 am

Since there will be a lot of Naj'entus encounter in progression there will be one of the TANKS that goes for first ... that is the main tank.

You can still use the most reliable and best tank, no matter what the class.

But is there a reason you'd expect to replace a tank who's earned his spot at the top of the guild chain just because?? Not really.
elfjorc

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:12 am

Aranbenjo wrote:Because we are in "MAINtankadin" site ...
Not "OFFtankadin" site or simply "Protadins" site.
we export concern and ideas ... about main tanking ... if there's not Main tanking we are talking fo something different.
So by your post we should have the consequence that
"all the MT idea will stay the same from BC to wotlk ... so i will never tank a boss like naj'entus on progression, since the fellow warrior is a good one"

The fundamental thing you are missing is that many of us ALREADY Main tank things like Najentus on progression. Which is why this being maintankadin makes perfect sense.

If you aren't main tanking things already, and you don't see that changing in WotLK, maybe you should find another site!

(ok that last bit was horribly snarky but it needed to be said.)
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Io.Draco » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:14 am

finding another guild would have worked better there sab :p
Io.Draco

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:14 am

Io.Draco wrote:finding another guild would have worked better there sab :p

but that wouldn't have made the same point that I was trying to make there. :/
Sabindeus

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK