Best Professions to pick up in Wrath to maximize HP

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Best Professions to pick up in Wrath to maximize HP

Postby Lother » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:23 am

So with Prot Paladins falling behind Warriors in HP due to our HP scaling nerf, I'm trying to see what ways I can minimize this effect by min/maxing my professions to maximize HP.

Currently I'm 375 BS, I'm guessing the extra sockets would be a good start. I know there's some awsome trinkets out for JCs, LW kits that are awsome as well. Has anyone done their research to see exactly which 2 profs would yield the maximum HP gain?

Edit: I fail and should have used the search engine. So from what I found it looks like BS/LW would be the combo to yield the biggest stam gain. Can anyone confirm/deny?
Lother

Postby Bobness » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:06 am

Mining gives 30 Sta at 70 not sure what it gives at 80... so don't discount that.
Bobness

Postby QuantumDelta » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:11 am

It is currently LW/Mining.
This MAY change to LW/BS or LW/JC later but currently JC nor BS are close enough to what mining gives you (uniquely) AFAIK.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby aka » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:16 am

best choice to max HP would be LW/BS.

I'll personnally choose BS/Mining (mining is 500HP @80, not Sta -> no bonus from talents)

BS is 2 gem slots : about 60 sta -> 700 HP

combo will give 1200 HP, not too bad.

read this : http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/viewtopic.php?t=12891
Akadurgrim (Ysondre EU) <Wild>
Tankadin/healadin/retadin
aka

Postby Vanifae » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:16 am

Stamina isn't everything.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Katamai » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:27 am

Vanifae wrote:Stamina isn't everything.

Some girls would disagree with that... oops... nevermind :P
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby aka » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:55 am

+1 Katamai.

more seriously, being BS allows you to trde the nice 60 sta for anything you could need and exists in gems.

all good x).
Akadurgrim (Ysondre EU) <Wild>
Tankadin/healadin/retadin
aka

Postby Warcraft » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:07 am

Leatherworking and blacksmithing. See here.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... hp?t=12891
Warcraft

Postby knaughty » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:17 am

This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Levantine » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:46 am

I'm tempted to say Jewelcrafting is the most powerful at the moment. Just through the amazing amount of flexibility it gives in your gemming (the JC only gems are prismatic).
Levantine

Postby daemonym » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:51 am

Levantine wrote:I'm tempted to say Jewelcrafting is the most powerful at the moment. Just through the amazing amount of flexibility it gives in your gemming (the JC only gems are prismatic).

this.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:21 am

I'm gonna stick with Eng/Ench. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Blacksmiths having two 30 stamina bonuses is due to two epic gems? If things go like TBC, I won't even see those til T9 (or the content gets old or nerfed). Meanwhile my 24 stam x2 will be holding strong throughout T7 and T8, and heck, there could always be another "rank" added. Enchanting also has the excellent bonus of making good money, and I'm already at 385 in it.

Engineering, tbh, I'd keep if it gained no new bonuses. There's not much I wouldn't give up for my Rocket Boots, Parachute Cloak, Seaforium Charges, Mind Control helmet, Repair Bots, silly trinkets, etc. Icing on the cake is any of the new stuff they add (although the motorcycle doesn't really appeal to me), and the goggles. At Ilevel 200, I'll have a well-itemized hat equal to that from Naxx10 bosses before even stepping in. It may not be as good in the long term as Leatherworking, but how can leatherworking be anywhere NEAR as fun? Seriously, I'd have to be one heck of a min/maxer to drop Engineering for a little bit of stamina (and even that is only after I replace whatever goggles are available).
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby MomysLidlMonsta » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:35 am

Also the JC-only trinkets are amazing at least for early 80s with good stamina and other stats ontop of 2 sockets.
JC beats mining hp-wise and is much more flexible. Until lvl80 epic gems appear it will also beat BS as the JC-only gems have 70% more stats than the rare gems which adds up to 2.1 additional sockets with 3 gems. They only have 35% more stats than the epic gems though which only adds up to 1.05 additional sockets with 3 gems
MomysLidlMonsta

Postby Håvard » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:25 am

I like the fact that I can pump up my defense quickly with JC, then switch out to stamina gems once my gear covers it.

I'll be going Mining/JC to start, but eventually I want to switch to BS/JC for the extra sockets.
Håvard

Postby Dianora » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:37 am

daemonym wrote:
Levantine wrote:I'm tempted to say Jewelcrafting is the most powerful at the moment. Just through the amazing amount of flexibility it gives in your gemming (the JC only gems are prismatic).

this.

I'm torn between dropping engineering to pick up mining a third time due to the absurd lack of ore or bar to feed my engineering and jc need. But I'm also leveling a gatherer DK just for that purpose. Me think I'll be doing skinning/mining on my DK.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Next

Return to WotLK