Remove Advertisements

Is the Greymane Wall open in WOTLK?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Is the Greymane Wall open in WOTLK?

Postby Bk992004 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:40 pm

I would like to see what's on the other side of it... just curious.
Bk992004

Postby Karock » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:46 pm

http://www.wowwiki.com/Gilneas

I don't think it is but I haven't checked.
Karock

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:50 pm

I've seen the other side of it on Live. It's a big empty valley.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Tyaera » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:41 pm

does anyone have screenshots of it for curiositys sake?
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Ruex » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 pm

In response to a question at Blizzcon, Metzen mentioned that they had 'forgotten' about Gilneas

So don't hold your breathe on it opening anytime soon.

Postby Sechs » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:28 pm

Lost the screen shots from there the last time i reinstalled wow.

But i still got some from the middle between feralis, thousend needles and slithus that look pretty much the same except the trees. -->

http://shim.buretenda.org/index.php5?q=/image/17.jpg
http://shim.buretenda.org/index.php5?q=/image/17.jpg

This was taken before the wall jump nerf patch, so miss it... :(
Sechs

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:03 pm

You could use the WoW Map Viewer. There are no game object there, so you'll see the same thing you'd see in-game.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Kellann » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:54 pm

And presumably Hyjal-now is also unchanged?
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby Lore » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:29 pm

Hyjal and Gileas are not open, no.

They could theoretically open in a content patch (there is a "super secret unannounced raid instance" coming in patch 3.2) but I kinda doubt it.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:05 pm

Lore wrote:Hyjal and Gileas are not open, no.

They could theoretically open in a content patch (there is a "super secret unannounced raid instance" coming in patch 3.2) but I kinda doubt it.

Well in 2.4 they added a whole new zone, i think it's possible for them to do that in a 3.0 content patch.

Man I hope they give us Kul Tiras.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:11 pm

I wouldn't dislike Hyjal instead, i went there in.. was it 1.8 or 1.7, something like that, just in the boredom. It's a cool place, and got a istance inside too.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zonzede » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:15 pm

Worldie wrote:I wouldn't dislike Hyjal instead, i went there in.. was it 1.8 or 1.7, something like that, just in the boredom. It's a cool place, and got a istance inside too.

Aye, the hyjal we raid is only the norther half of the zone. There's an equal amount of space on the southern half too, complete with instance as mentioned. To be honest though, it has the same layout as Onyxia's lair, but with nothing inside.
Zonzede

Postby Sonic » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:09 pm

There's some spots here and there in the old world they really need to finish one day. Grim batol, Uldum. There's the stormwind instance and the raid behind Baron in strat. Not to mention the islands between azeroth and kaimdor you see when taking a boat/zeplin. I know one of them is GM island but the others?

Little places here and there still untouched would be cool to see them use or finish up.
Sonic

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:28 pm

Sonic wrote:There's some spots here and there in the old world they really need to finish one day. Grim batol, Uldum. There's the stormwind instance and the raid behind Baron in strat. Not to mention the islands between azeroth and kaimdor you see when taking a boat/zeplin. I know one of them is GM island but the others?

Little places here and there still untouched would be cool to see them use or finish up.

Uldum was originally going to be a WotLK dungeon, but it was pushed back. I remember someone posted some sound files from it with speech about the ancients, so it's definitely coming soon.
The raid behind Baron was originally going to be the entrance to Naxxramas, but that was changed.

A lot of these are just Blizzard keeping their options open but not wanting to flood us with instances and having their resources devoted elsewhere.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:38 pm

They should do something cool with it. Like make Orgrimmar get completely razed and Uldum our new capital city.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Next

Return to WotLK