Remove Advertisements

Any prot pallies Main Tank Naxx yet?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:22 pm

Not like you really could tank naxx at 60, and at 70 you couldn't either, since mobs hit for nothing and you run oom too quick.

I've tanked most bosses in naxx60 with the help of shadow priests, except razovius they didn't have anything specific against a paladin, and they were all undead.

Current naxx for level 80 is quite the same, just instead of Razovius, there are some different issues (mainly 4h and gothik)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby knaughty » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:06 pm

Haven't done it yet, but here's the two tips I've seen:

For Gothik, make sure you have a DPS with a real taunt on you side, have them tag Gothik than rescue them. RD doesn't work.

For 4-h, taunt first on mob switch, then have tank 2 peel your one second.
Last edited by knaughty on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby knaughty » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:16 pm

Vanifae wrote:
PsiVen wrote:I agree btw, it is funny how Naxx is at best half-assedly tuned for WotLK tanking paradigms. Malygos only requires 1 tank AFAIK and the Obsidian dude only requires multiple tanks if you're doing it on hard mode. Pretty hard to tell the direction they're taking with it when the only evidence is two Onyxias and an instance that was designed years ago.

Yeah I mentioned this before we really need to see Ulduar to get a better idea of the new paradigm.

Pro tip it shows up in the Calendar in-game on live, so I figure it will be out fairly soon after launch.

QFT.

Naxx is not a great example of Wrath encounter design, especially on the tanking side.

Ulduar is apparently ready. NFI if spec-switching is done yet, probably requires a moderate amount of work & testing, plus a major DB schema update.

3.0 also gives them a nice testing phase with decent quantity of people. "Gamma testing" ?
Splug wrote:Unless Naxx gets ramped up in difficulty significantly between now and release, it'll have to be!

Two weeks to level.
Two weeks to clear it.
Christmas / NYE.

They've got till mid-to-late Jan before the natives get restless.

I'm actually happy that Tier-8 isn't in on release - it makes "levelling time" a non-factor in the tier-8 races. There's only one real progression guild each faction, my server. We were both 4/6 Sunwell in 2.4. We got server first M'uru post patch, and had KJ at 3%. They snuck in an extra raid night and got first KJ, we got him the next night the server's hamster wasn't sick.

We're going to race Naxx/Malygos - but it's unlikely to be a good race. One guild or the other will probably field a 25 at lest a full week before the other one just due to luck of levelling speed, and get a dozen server firsts that week with no competition.

Tier-8 will be better: 3, 2, 1 KGO!
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Conaan! » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:24 pm

Worldie wrote:Not like you really could tank naxx at 60, and at 70 you couldn't either, since mobs hit for nothing and you run oom too quick.

I've tanked most bosses in naxx60 with the help of shadow priests, except razovius they didn't have anything specific against a paladin, and they were all undead.

Current naxx for level 80 is quite the same, just instead of Razovius, there are some different issues (mainly 4h and gothik)

done every boss in there as "MT"

only problem is razuv, where you just do what you do on RoS p3, keep your mana low and Sapp, because hes just annoying
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Previous

Return to WotLK