Remove Advertisements

Some confirmation

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:23 pm

Belarkan wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:
amadiss wrote:Is the 10% armor on bosses going to be a "cap" meaning that not all af them will have it?

Or do all bosses just got 10% more mitigation from armor?


I believe they get 10% more armor, but 10% more armor does not mean 10% more mitigation from armor.


Depends how you consider that 10% more mitigation from armor.


What?
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9666
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Postby Belarkan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:30 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Belarkan wrote:Depends how you consider that 10% more mitigation from armor.

What?


Forget about it, I missed something.

I was somehow thinking that 10% more armor gave a flat % to be added to the armor reduction.
Belarkan
 
Posts: 925
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:32 am

Postby Levantine » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:37 pm

Mavrix wrote:What makes us believe that bosses would have an armor cap?


..... Is that a serious question?
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 10818
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Postby Tiranknight » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:54 pm

What is the point of buffing TBC's Bosses armor, when all that content will be obsolete in a few weeks?

this whole new patch is just ticking me off... making me think Blizz really did not plan out the 3.0 patch as much as they should have. Instead they just rushed to get a product out..
Tiranknight
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:02 pm

Postby Faeth » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:06 pm

Again i'm missing any mention of the fact that JoL will work for casters too come patch 3.0.3. I'm pretty sure atm it only works for melee and looking at our average raid, there's quite some casters in there. Depending on the encounter, if there's raidwide damage this would be a massive TPS burst.

(ofc having said that i'd love the threat to come from more DPS instead as that'd help solo grinding)
Last edited by Faeth on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Faeth
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:12 am

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:07 pm

Tiranknight wrote:What is the point of buffing TBC's Bosses armor, when all that content will be obsolete in a few weeks?

this whole new patch is just ticking me off... making me think Blizz really did not plan out the 3.0 patch as much as they should have. Instead they just rushed to get a product out..


I believe the point of the armor buff was more for tuning at level 80. It was designed to nerf some classes in PVE without nerfing them in PVP. I don't even know if TBC bosses will be affected, though I suppose for consistency they will be as well.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9666
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Postby amadiss » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:16 pm

Mavrix wrote:What makes us believe that bosses would have an armor cap?


The fact that they can never reach more than 100% mitigation :) .

Wether there is a lower cap is the real question.
amadiss
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:08 pm

Postby fafhrd » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:20 pm

amadiss wrote:
Mavrix wrote:What makes us believe that bosses would have an armor cap?


The fact that they can never reach more than 100% mitigation :) .

Wether there is a lower cap is the real question.


Hey now, there are some mobs that heal when you attack them too :D
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
User avatar
fafhrd
 
Posts: 5432
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:31 pm

Re: Some confirmation

Postby Tieran » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:24 pm

EvilNuff wrote:
Tieran wrote:...We will still be viable but will our threat be anywhere near competitive? I know mine is not even close to both the warriors / druids in my guilds at lv70... what about 80? ...


May I ask what weapon and rotation you are using? I have found that my threat is, if anything, to HIGH relative to Warriors. We have been running ZA with a T5 geared War MT and me in Kara gear as OT and I end up pulling off him a goodly amount of the time on non-bosses (Where I usually go healing).

Has anyone else had threat problems? Maybe you should re-think what your gear/rotation choices are?


I have no real rotation at the moment but please do not think that does not mean I am not mashing every CD I have at the GCD. I tend to fall into the 969696 rotation at below 35% with Hammer of Wrath instead of Shield on live atm if you must know though.

As for gear... yeah I am a little bit behind my warrior / druid counter parts (start of uni = boozed up ----> raiding) but even still I think you will find it to be of a sufficient level to be comparative. We are both at end of T6 gear level with him having a fair few pieces of T6.5 as well.

You say you have no issue taking mobs of them... when it comes to single target I must SUCK ASS then because I can get to about 75% of his tps without wings... and only just over take him with a haste pot + Wings + trinket popped.....

Now back to the thread:

Splug - how does this "buff" to bosses armor affect you and your warrior counter parts?
Will it have a significant impact?
I do not know how Boss armor works - is it the same as ours and therefore subject to diminishing returns?
Do they have a cap? Where is it?
How much will this 10% affect them on their diminishing returns scale...?

I am not sure exactly what the deal is with JoL and whether it is a bug or not.. but if it isn't then its potentially OP (thinking end game instances in WOTLK with butt loads of raid dmg) - if they add in the healing of casters also then its amazing but it doesn't change the fact that amazing threat without DPS is not going to be as good in a raiding term as very good threat with decent DPS as well. Bosses don't die by themselves now do they?
Tieran
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:24 am

Postby Levantine » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:34 pm

To be fair, the 96969 rotation makes itself if you get the first run through right. Basically if you do it right the first time, you just hit shit as it comes up.
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 10818
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Postby Tieran » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:31 am

Yeah but I always had one annoying GCd where I sat and had nothing off CD. Thats when trinkets / Wings got popped. ^^
Tieran
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:24 am

Postby Dantriges » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:47 am

Isn´t boss armor in TBc somewhere around 7000 or so some bosses above that, some below.

Seems that there is quite a lot of space between the cap and current armor.

Don´t know how mucharmor LK bosses will have though.
Dantriges
 
Posts: 1252
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:39 am

Previous

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest
?php } else { ?