So....advice for a Holy....

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

So....advice for a Holy....

Postby sherck » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:24 am

For the Beta Players,

I have been Holy / Shockadin for the most part since level 10 but it appears in Wrath that I will probably have to end up using my dual-spec for Ret so I can actually go kill something.

I currently have zero gear with Strength and will have little prospect of getting much in Kara/ZA raids due to the guild gearing up some tanks right now until Wrath comes out.

I have 2 choices to get ready for my future career as a Ret quester and Holy instance guy:

1. Work my ass off in the next couple of weeks, get Strenght/Stam/Crit badge gear and Heroic drops and build me a set?
-- OR --
2. Just wait until Wrath because the level 70-71 quest rewards will be equal or better to today's badge gear?

Are the quest rewards good enough to gather a Ret set quickly once I hit the X-pac?

Cheers,
sherck

Re: So....advice for a Holy....

Postby EvilNuff » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:55 am

sherck wrote:...
Are the quest rewards good enough to gather a Ret set quickly once I hit the X-pac?

Cheers,

Yes. You can level just fine in quest gear. I'm prot on live and had *zero* ret gear when I copied over my toon and leveled to 77 just fine (have been playing live since then heh) with no issues.
EvilNuff

Re: So....advice for a Holy....

Postby sherck » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:39 am

EvilNuff wrote:
sherck wrote:...

Cheers,

Yes. You can level just fine in quest gear. I'm prot on live and had *zero* ret gear when I copied over my toon and leveled to 77 just fine (have been playing live since then heh) with no issues.

Thanks much. That is what I had hoped to hear.

Now, to use the next few weeks to work on my Holy Priest to get him to 70 prior to Nov 13 so I will have the choice of which crappy healer to use in level 80 raiding!! :D

Cheers,
sherck

Postby majiben » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:06 am

Have you considered the honor PVP gear? HH also sells a nice blue polearm. This is for leveling ret of course.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Grimmal » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:13 am

I started off with the blue rep PvP gear and the Polearm from Thrallmar myself. I replaced the weapon fastest, but the rest came pretty quickly after that.

It wasn't the best stuff to start with for sure, but it did the job well enough. Honestly all of the people who are grinding out badges and stuff are not really going to be saving a god awful alot of time in comparision. They will save some for sure, but it isn't worth all the time to get the badges it need imo.

If you already had the offset it would be a different story of course. but grinding out leveling gear that will all be replaced by 80 just seems pointless to me.
Grimmal

Postby EvilNuff » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:27 pm

I would say, mind you, that weapon is likely to be your biggest single upgrade. If you have the boj's get the badge axe or the 2h from ZA. Failing that, running AV over a weekend should get you the s2 2h'er.

From beta the 2h green weapon progression (in dps) looks like this:
110 & 114 in the 2 entry zones
119 in dragonblight
etc

So getting s2 2h'er or better will jump you a couple zones in weapon at least.
EvilNuff

Return to WotLK