GC damage control post #2

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Io.Draco » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:11 am

Sorry if we cannot take the stupid whine people are throwing on these forums

Im curios what would all this whine result in your forums eh?
Io.Draco

Postby Fizzgig » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:24 am

Obrimos wrote:
Fizzgig wrote:
Obrimos wrote:Again, your posts, and moreso Knaughty's, are the fuel that feeds the flame-fest. It's not the worriers, it's the hate-fueled attack against them.

Chicken or the egg man. Everyone needs to chill out.

Then stop attacking people.

In order for the worriers to chill out, they need to see level-headed posts saying, "Yes, it's an issue, but the math is already in their hands and GC has stated that they're ready to buff where they have to."

That's it. That should be the extent of the communication.

Not the "YOU'RE ALL FUCKING IDIOTS. I can't believe it. Quit WoW, log off the internet, burn your PC, and never return" shit I've been seeing.

Again, were I a mod, that shit would be an instant IP ban.

And I would ban all the idiots screaming THE SKY IS FALLING with no proof.

Listen here mate, YOU need to realize that there are TWO sides here. You're pissed at the people complaining about the people voicing concerns and you have that right. I'M pissed at the people screaming the sky is falling. Voicing concerns is what everyone should do, but I'll be damned if I'm just gonna sit around and smile while I see inane posts about how we suck and blizz hates us.
Fizzgig

Postby Obrimos » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:27 am

Fizzgig wrote:
Obrimos wrote:
Fizzgig wrote:
Obrimos wrote:Again, your posts, and moreso Knaughty's, are the fuel that feeds the flame-fest. It's not the worriers, it's the hate-fueled attack against them.

Chicken or the egg man. Everyone needs to chill out.

Then stop attacking people.

In order for the worriers to chill out, they need to see level-headed posts saying, "Yes, it's an issue, but the math is already in their hands and GC has stated that they're ready to buff where they have to."

That's it. That should be the extent of the communication.

Not the "YOU'RE ALL FUCKING IDIOTS. I can't believe it. Quit WoW, log off the internet, burn your PC, and never return" shit I've been seeing.

Again, were I a mod, that shit would be an instant IP ban.

And I would ban all the idiots screaming THE SKY IS FALLING with no proof.

Listen here mate, YOU need to realize that there are TWO sides here. You're pissed at the people complaining about the people voicing concerns and you have that right. I'M pissed at the people screaming the sky is falling. Voicing concerns is what everyone should do, but I'll be damned if I'm just gonna sit around and smile while I see inane posts about how we suck and blizz hates us.

I'M pissed at people who are using language like "burn your PCs". You're pissed at this whole contingent of people who may or may not exist. There's a few SKY IS FALLING posts here and there, but they're not nearly as rampant, dangerous, hate-filled, or downright antagonistic as some of yours, let alone some of your recent compatriots.

Stop hating. It's fucking stupid. Again, you're being insipid and short-sighted. You're assuming a general malaise when there's only a chicken little here and there. Your response is overwhelming, unnecessary, and far, far beyond what the situation calls for.

Sit down. Shut up. Stop fueling the fires. STOP PARTICIPATING IN THE FLAME WARS YOU WANT TO STOP. YOU'RE THE PRIMARY DRIVING FORCE AT THIS JUNCTURE.
Obrimos

Postby Obrimos » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:28 am

Io.Draco wrote:Sorry if we cannot take the stupid whine people are throwing on these forums

Im curios what would all this whine result in your forums eh?

Post editing, thread locking, and a simple "GC is aware of the issues. Discussions on math and theorycrafting will be left alone. As has been posted 3 times at the top of this forum, whining that the sky is falling is unacceptable and is considered trash-posting. Ergo, it'll get deleted. Nothing personal. Flaming will continue to be not be accepted."

I would never put up with this attack bullshit. It creates divisions in the community due to asshats and hate-mongers.
Obrimos

Postby Drathian » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:29 am

IBTL
Drathian

Postby Io.Draco » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:37 am

I'M pissed at people who are using language like "burn your PCs". You're pissed at this whole contingent of people who may or may not exist. There's a few SKY IS FALLING posts here and there, but they're not nearly as rampant, dangerous, hate-filled, or downright antagonistic as some of yours, let alone some of your recent compatriots.

Stop hating. It's fucking stupid. Again, you're being insipid and short-sighted. You're assuming a general malaise when there's only a chicken little here and there. Your response is overwhelming, unnecessary, and far, far beyond what the situation calls for.

Sit down. Shut up. Stop fueling the fires. STOP PARTICIPATING IN THE FLAME WARS YOU WANT TO STOP. YOU'RE THE PRIMARY DRIVING FORCE AT THIS JUNCTURE.

And your better then us by what? If you say ban those flaming those whiners , how about ban yourself then , your posts are as full of flame as ours
Last edited by Io.Draco on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Io.Draco

Postby Fizzgig » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:38 am

Obrimos wrote:I'M pissed at people who are using language like "burn your PCs". You're pissed at this whole contingent of people who may or may not exist. There's a few SKY IS FALLING posts here and there, but they're not nearly as rampant, dangerous, hate-filled, or downright antagonistic as some of yours, let alone some of your recent compatriots.

What have I even said other than there are more moderated posts from all the qqing and I wish it would stop?

Impossible to reason with someone that just wants to call me insipid all day (3 times now for emphasis) and personally attack with italicized "yours" when I'm telling him he's got a valid reason to complain about flamers. Hope it gets locked, but I'm done here just more of the same /sigh
Fizzgig

Postby Obrimos » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:38 am

Io.Draco wrote:

And your better then us by what?

I don't tell people to destroy their PCs because they're idiots.

I tell idiots to stop posting flames when they want flames to stop.

One is virulent and hateful. The other is just pointing out active stupidity.
Obrimos

Postby Vanifae » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:41 am

This thread is out of control, lock it and let people cool down.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby guillex » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:42 am

Honestly?

Take it to PMs. If you're all that incensed about things, take it to PMs.

This is a thread discussing the recent posts from GC. Not anything else.

Io., you should know better dude. C'mon.

Everyone else should be paying attention, and waiting five minutes before posting something. Or at least re-reading. But people are going to take things the wrong way ...

Eh. I'm one of those people now that sees a flame-war and drops the thread from my daily reading.

Don't be silly. EOD.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Obrimos » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:46 am

Fizzgig wrote:
Obrimos wrote:I'M pissed at people who are using language like "burn your PCs". You're pissed at this whole contingent of people who may or may not exist. There's a few SKY IS FALLING posts here and there, but they're not nearly as rampant, dangerous, hate-filled, or downright antagonistic as some of yours, let alone some of your recent compatriots.

What have I even said other than there are more moderated posts from all the qqing and I wish it would stop?

Impossible to reason with someone that just wants to call me insipid all day (3 times now for emphasis) and personally attack with italicized "yours" when I'm telling him he's got a valid reason to complain about flamers. Hope it gets locked, but I'm done here just more of the same /sigh

Insipid is the right word. You're being snarky and disrespectful to other people, you're off-the-cuff dismissing other people as being wrong without any reason to be so. There's very, very few "SKY IS FALLING" posts in either of these threads, and you're responding with gems like this;

Fizzgig wrote:
Io.Draco wrote:
Back then we where fucked up royaly , yet we didn't have so much whine as we have now...

I am quoting this for truth and not typing QFT for emphasis.

I am coming to these forums less and less as it's more and more becoming the paladin class forums on the official boards. Everything isn't perfect but some of you people are arguing and bitching for the sake of bitching because at some point in your WoW career some jerkoff told you that you sucked cause you were a pally tank.

Fizzgig wrote:
Dianora wrote:
elfjorc wrote:They've already said Holy DPS is a concern.

If they'd buffed it already and were nerfing SoV/SoR after it would kinda counteract the buff, if they do it after they don't run into that. Not to mention it isn't a pressing thing to happen right now, as long as they have it done by Nov 13, which is still two weeks away, time for them to discuss whatever, focusing on raid dps from classes is probably their priority before then.

We're likely to be 2 weeks away from 3.0.3, the nerf patch. You think their priority will be to fix Holy/Protection DPS after WotLK? No, their priority will be to keep Northrend server up and running. Enjoy the nerfed Holy/Protection DPS for a while because they literally have a much bigger fish to fry. I sincerely don't see DEV coming back to 'fix' Holy/Protection until Ret is further nerfed and then 3.0.4, if we're lucky.

I dont even need to read your posts anymore, I just see your avatar and know "the dev's hate us they dont do anything for us" is coming in some form or another.

That's not respectful, that's not appropriate, it's not helping the conversation.

And this pales in comparsion to the garbage coming from Knaughty.
Obrimos

Postby Io.Draco » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:48 am

Atm I have no problems with whinners , after seeing people go all out on cromfel's site I gave up on flamming em

The only reason I went against Obrimos was that he was flamming Fizzgig , saying that he should be banned and yet he is using worse words .....way to go :P

I wonder where our moderators are though , they probably hanged therselves by now I think :P

That's not respectful, that's not appropriate, it's not helping the conversation.

And this pales in comparsion to the garbage coming from Knaughty.

Look dude your not a moderator on this forum , stop YOUR garbage here , because your are not one to ban people , your fueling this flame war more then anyone else
Io.Draco

Postby Fizzgig » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:55 am

As someone who has come here for over a year I think I have a right to express my dismay as to how many moderated posts there are anymore, thats all I was doing in my first quote. In the second that snide remark (which it was) is just as flippant as someone assuming that nothing will be changed and will lead to more angst, and misinformation of the pally community. THAT is sky is falling stuff. "IT'S TOO LATE FOR US" is sky is falling(however true or untrue). I'm sorry the thread headed here and wish it didnt, but I don't regret expressing my frustration with where the boards are headed, and I wasn't flaming anyone. Being told I was wrong for saying anything other than what I've posted 100 times (that we will be fine, GC knows about the issues etc), that there aren't that many qq posts and to "sit down and shut up" isn't what I'd call constructive information.

Sorry to post after I said I was done but had to get that out. Don't blame any of the big daddys for deleting stuff.
Fizzgig

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:01 am

One thing is sure, this (and some more) got out of control.

I really start thinking we should forgive less and ban more.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Andryana » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:01 am

Guys just stop.. this is looking like the official forums.
Andryana

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK