Hammer of Wrath (build 9138)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Hammer of Wrath (build 9138)

Postby Rorshach » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:06 am

Haven't seen it posted yet but apparently HoW has been changed but the tooltip has not been updated yet to reflect this change.

MMO-Champion is reporting it is now only usable on targets with less than 20% health, down from 35%. Can anyone confirm?
Image
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:24 pm

Postby Vika » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:11 am

Vika
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:05 am

Postby Arcand » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:31 pm

To save you some time:

Cakes reports that it does indeed become available at 20%, but the tooltip continues to say 35%. If you're feeling optimistic, conclude that it'll be back at 35 as soon as it's brought to Blizzard's attention. :)
Arcand
Moderator
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am

Postby Rhî » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:24 pm

Arcand wrote:conclude that it'll be back at 35 as soon as it's brought to Blizzard's attention. :)


Done. Now it's Blizzards turn...
Image
Rhî
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:41 am

Postby Karock » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:15 pm

Or being realistic... much more likely it's like the hundreds of other changes they've made with no immediate accompanied tooltip change or patch note?
Karock
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Postby Proudfoot » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:28 am

Bad change is a bad change.
Dear Blizzard, Paper is fine but Rock needs to be nerfed.
Sincerely, Scissors
User avatar
Proudfoot
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:40 am

Postby Sechs » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:11 am

I just don't see the point if they want to make a ability pretty much useless again why don't they just remove it.... ;>_>
Sechs
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:11 am

Postby majiben » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:14 am

It's entirely possible they used an incomplete template for the lastest change resulting in the old mechanics being used. Also possible that this is an intended change. We'll have to wait and see.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
User avatar
majiben
Moderator
 
Posts: 6999
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Retired

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:44 am

4) Hammer of Wrath: Now can’t be used until the target is below 20% health. Our rule of thumb is that core "Execute-style" abilities work at 20% and talented abilities work at 35% health. We originally had Hammer at 35% based on some other limitations of the spell.

From the GC post quoted in the other thread.

With the mention of "other limitations", I wonder if the presence of Glyph of Hammer of Wrath (larger range) and Glyph of Avenging Wrath (3sec cooldown while AW is active) were part of the reason they felt they should revert it (personally, if they're trying to reduce Ret burst I think they should remove Glyph of AW entirely).
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6989
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Postby Elsie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:24 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:
4) Hammer of Wrath: Now can’t be used until the target is below 20% health. Our rule of thumb is that core "Execute-style" abilities work at 20% and talented abilities work at 35% health. We originally had Hammer at 35% based on some other limitations of the spell.

From the GC post quoted in the other thread.

With the mention of "other limitations", I wonder if the presence of Glyph of Hammer of Wrath (larger range) and Glyph of Avenging Wrath (3sec cooldown while AW is active) were part of the reason they felt they should revert it (personally, if they're trying to reduce Ret burst I think they should remove Glyph of AW entirely).

I hope they make hammer of wrath talented. In other news, Glyph of AW was bad compared to command / crusader strike, and glyph of crusader strike is now worthless.
User avatar
Elsie
 
Posts: 3819
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Postby Sheherezade » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:54 pm

what? I now have to wait another 15% of their health before i can kite them around with AS/HoW? noes! :P
Brainssss... ( <3 Murata Renge!)
Image
User avatar
Sheherezade
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:49 pm

Postby fafhrd » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:04 pm

Elsie wrote:I hope they make hammer of wrath talented. In other news, Glyph of AW was bad compared to command / crusader strike, and glyph of crusader strike is now worthless.


Not a ret pally, so possibly a dumb question, but how does going from "20% more damage to stunned targets" to "consumes 20% less mana" make it useless? This is the same patch where people people are crying rivers about how they'll go oom, a glyph that saves you (329 * 0.2) 65 mana every 6 seconds sounds pretty useful, compared to one that does nothing because bosses are all immune to stuns and incapacitates. That's an extra 55 mp5 from a glyph. Depending on the current difference between mana income/outflow, that's a potentially very large increase in TimeToOOM.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
User avatar
fafhrd
 
Posts: 5432
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:31 pm

Postby majiben » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:52 pm

This Page Has some work on ret mana regen and use. Not complete but a good start.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
User avatar
majiben
Moderator
 
Posts: 6999
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Retired


Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest