Remove Advertisements

New Build (9138)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby tbolt » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:03 am

poor Ret pallies getting nerfed again while Titan's grip got a nice boost (12% hit reduction down to 5%).
tbolt

Postby moduspwnens » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:09 am

Andryana wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:I'm not too concerned. There's no sign that they've nerfed JoL, right? Then again, I don't play Ret.

* Judgement of Light now has a chance to heal the attacker for [ 10% of AP + 10% of Spell Power ]. (Down from [ 18% of AP + 18% of Spell Power ])

Alright, that kinda sucks, but not TOO bad. At least we're still getting free threat.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Daeren » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:19 am

The lame part is that the source of all this nerfing is retribution because of a stupid talent named sheat of light. It gives ret paladins a double dipping funtion that makes their seals and judgements far too powerful.

Holy paladins don't wear AP, so they don't double dip
Prot paladins get benefit from stamina equal to 30% to spell power. It makes two DIFFERENT stats affect our power.
Ret paladins however gain BOTH ap and spell power from the same stat. And since alot of the things that was nerfed was nerfed regarding that, I think it's really stupid to not fix the real problem.

This nerf affected both prot and holy paladins too much,
Daeren

Postby DeadMilliken » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:35 am

Its being reported on the WoW forums that Hammer of Wrath got nerfed.

It now is only useable at 20% hp

-_-

I really liked it at 35%.
DeadMilliken

Postby Macha » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:44 am

Morganim wrote:
Also how is this nerf goign to to massivly effect holy or prot leveling? Grats on hitting 80 in an hour or two longer than it would of previous build!

Mana.
Can you please stop whining about complaints, and actually test things? You'll see what I mean.

Mana is now a huge problem when not getting healed or pulling big numbers. Hint: You can't pull big numbers throughout most of your leveling. Why? Because there are other people there, too.
Macha

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:46 am

Actually rather than for the DPS, i'm more worried about the fact that our threat was already below other tanks, with those nerfs it will be even more below.

Well it's still 3 weeks away from patch day, maybe our magic "11 pointer" will fix all of this.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Andryana » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:56 am

DeadMilliken wrote:Its being reported on the WoW forums that Hammer of Wrath got nerfed.

-_-

Damn i hope that's not true..

Just sad to see that all that crying about Ret on wow-forums in PvP is affecting Paladins in PvE.. i couldn't care less about the "e-sport".
Andryana

Postby Cakes » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:13 am

DeadMilliken wrote:Its being reported on the WoW forums that Hammer of Wrath got nerfed.

-_-

I'll log onto beta and check real quick.

Edit: It is indeed back to 20% on beta.
Edit2: The tooltip still indicates 35%, so not sure if this is a bug or a missed patch note.
Last edited by Cakes on Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cakes

Postby Proudfoot » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:15 am

Andryana wrote:

-_-

Damn i hope that's not true..

Just sad to see that all that crying about Ret on wow-forums in PvP is affecting Paladins in PvE.. i couldn't care less about the "e-sport".

I couldn't care less about the "e-sport" either but I think Paladins should be able to compete in all aspects of the game. If you don't enjoy PVP that's fine, but a lot of people do and Blizz has to consider them. I'm pretty much a PVE only player but that's because PVPing as Ret was an experiment in futility.
Dear Blizzard, Paper is fine but Rock needs to be nerfed.
Sincerely, Scissors
Proudfoot

Postby Katamai » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:26 am

TO

THE

GROUND!

Looks like GC wasn't joking when he said that...
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Slept » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:40 am

What exactly was "surgical" about those seal and judgement nerfs?
Last edited by Slept on Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slept

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:41 am

The constant seal nerfs are really getting a bit much. Seals have been doing less damage than before 3.0 already, and this'll just screw them further.
I wouldn't be too concerned, except that now people bring up the HoW change, and currently, precisely because seal and judgement don't do much damage any more, HotR, AS, and HoW are the main damage spells I'm using when solo grinding...
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby PsiVen » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:58 am

Surgical in rural Russia, I guess.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Macha » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:17 am

It's awesome: My lv80 in the beta does less with seals and judgements than my 70 did yesterday in life.

Also gotta drink after 3 pulls, without using consecration at all. Judgement of Wisdom procs give 57(!) Mana. Mobs take far longer to kill too - my lv70 prot warrior kills as fast as my 80 Prot Paladin.
What's up with that :/
Macha

Postby Levantine » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:23 am

This is kinda sad. :( I don't really wanna see Paladins getting nerfed to the ground. Does Blizz have some innate inability to learn from past mistakes or something?
Levantine

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK