Pants of the Aldor or Spell Dmg pants?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Pants of the Aldor or Spell Dmg pants?

Postby Pally Tanko » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:11 pm

Here's the conversation....

Me: Hey (MT of our guild), could you help me out?
MT: Sure, watcha need?
Me: Advise,.... which pants should I upgrade to? I have Timewardens Leggings. Should I get (forgot name) Pants of the Aldor or Unwavering Legguards?
MT: (After a little time) Are there any paladin pants? Those are warrior pants. You should get the pants that have spellpower.
Me: What!? Are you sure?
MT: (No answer)
Me: Umm, ok thanks for the help! (totally confused)

Mr. MT (name not given) is our Main Tank in our guild and he has totally confused me. I thought that with the patch, us paladins had gotten a huge boost in threat and could now consentrate on def and stamina cause of the slight nerf to def.

Someone, please help! Can i get a witness!?!?
Pally Tanko

Postby majiben » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:16 pm

His information is old. Look for str and defense on gear now. Also this should be in the gear and advice forum.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Bereid » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:25 pm

yeap should be in the gear advice but as maji said focus on str/sta/def now. There is no longer pally tanking gear and warrior tanking gear. All our primary threat spells now scale with AP and SP and with this talent, we don't have to worry about +SP anymore.

Str was also changed on how it affects SBV, 2 str now equals 1 SBV.

And tell your guilds MT to keep current with how WoW works lol. I hate people in officer or even GM posistions that are totally clueless on class mechanics.
Bereid

Postby knaughty » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:09 pm

Point your MT at ze FAQ

Spell-power is for Holy paladins only.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Tyaera » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:15 pm

The Inscribed Legplates of the Aldor WERE paladin pants, they had spellpower, now they have strength.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:57 am

Also, it's not that our threat got so op we don't need sp. We still need threat stats, but these come in the form of strength.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Jasari » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:17 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Also, it's not that our threat got so op we don't need sp. We still need threat stats, but these come in the form of strength.

this
Jasari

Postby Dendrah » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:05 am

Gather some gear and your guild will see a new MT...
Dendrah

Postby Jasari » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:51 am

Dendrah wrote:Gather some gear and your guild will see a new MT...

Just because the warrior didn't know about paladin itemization changes doesn't mean he's terrible. The change has only been in effect a little over a week. I'll admit I probably don't know all the changes to other tanking classes. Honestly, I'm a little surprised that it OP didn't explain to his guild's MT that 3.0 changed the way paladins gear for threat and so they no longer need spell power. The fact that he didn't know that says more than the fact that the warrior didn't know that.
Jasari

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:12 am

Jasari wrote:

Just because the warrior didn't know about paladin itemization changes doesn't mean he's terrible. The change has only been in effect a little over a week. I'll admit I probably don't know all the changes to other tanking classes. Honestly, I'm a little surprised that it OP didn't explain to his guild's MT that 3.0 changed the way paladins gear for threat and so they no longer need spell power. The fact that he didn't know that says more than the fact that the warrior didn't know that.
Where did he say the tank is a warrior?
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Jasari » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:21 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Jasari wrote:

Where did he say the tank is a warrior?

Touche! I guess I just assumed, given that warriors were the preferred MT throughout BC. It could've been a druid, but there's no way it was a pally. It would've been impossible for him to not know about the itemization changes given that if he had been getting spell power pally gear I'm sure he would've noticed the changes with 3.0. My money's still on warrior though.
Jasari

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:24 am

You bet it could be a pally. Yesterday on my rogue I did heroic bm with a pally tank with pvp ret gear, spellpower trinkets and a healer shield, socketed for crit and sp.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Aldonza » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:28 am

I picked up an Honor's Call (oh how I hate you RNG for not giving me a tank weapon yet) yesterday and went to get it enchanted with Potency. The enchanter actually questioned my reasoning for Potency over Spellpower - and I had to explain that with the changes STR > SP in most situations.
Aldonza
Maintankadonor

Re: Pants of the Aldor or Spell Dmg pants?

Postby daemonym » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:35 am

Pally Tanko wrote:Here's the conversation....

Me: Hey (MT of our guild), could you help me out?
MT: Sure, watcha need?
Me: Advise,.... which pants should I upgrade to? I have Timewardens Leggings. Should I get (forgot name) Pants of the Aldor or Unwavering Legguards?
MT: (After a little time) Are there any paladin pants? Those are warrior pants. You should get the pants that have spellpower.
Me: What!? Are you sure?
MT: (No answer)
Me: Umm, ok thanks for the help! (totally confused)

i had essentially the same chat 2 days ago. killed lurker in ssc (jesus that place is a joke now). mallet of the tides dropped i say that i wanted it and i had the dkp to get it over the other tank.

RL: grats <warrior tank>
me: i want it as well for main spec
RL: <moan> ugh don't you want spell power or something? why do you want a warrior weapon?
me: <explains 3.0 changes to pallys>
RL: what ever, this is why i think we should use loot council instead but whatever, grats. <awards me the hammer>
me: /facepalm

so ya, might take a while before your MT decides to actually figure out that ALL tank classes were changed and there is no warr/pally gear before telling you what's what. and as a side note, the warrior that i got the item over had no issues with me getting it as he was well aware of it being a "tank" weapon not a "warrior" weapon.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Aldonza » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:43 am

You should seriously tell your RL to come read some threads here and at Tankspot. I would be highly pissed over a condescending remark that you somehow were less deserving of equal loot because they didn't bother to understand the new mechanics.

Any rair leader should be taking the time to learn the basic mechanics of each class. They don't have to be experts, but they should understand what the class needs to be doing and what gear they need to better their job.
Aldonza
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to WotLK