Remove Advertisements

Pants of the Aldor or Spell Dmg pants?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Jasari » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:50 am

Snake-Aes wrote:You bet it could be a pally. Yesterday on my rogue I did heroic bm with a pally tank with pvp ret gear, spellpower trinkets and a healer shield, socketed for crit and sp.

Fair enough, I guess it's impossible to overestimate the stupidity of wow players.
Jasari

Postby Discus » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:44 am

It's not stupidity, it's just that many people are too lazy to do the research on the net.

I was amazed at how many tankadins I know (many of whom are far better geared and players than I am) w/p me after 3.0 with "Did you lose loadsa defence?!" "wtf is all this strength?!" etc.
Discus

Postby Aldonza » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:30 am

Some people don't care as much as others. Some people are waiting for the end all be all "This is how you do it" guide to be up so that they can just follow it to a T without any forethought or consideration of their own inputted.

I would love nothing more currently than to get the "main" paladin tank in my guild to respec to something better - since I can see several points where he could improve - but he's able to do the job right now, so I don't hassle him. He may just be trying to be thrifty with money so he doesn't have to respec.

However, at 80, if he doesn't tighten up, well... it'll be different then.
Aldonza
Maintankadonor

Postby daemonym » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:15 am

Aldonza wrote:Some people don't care as much as others. Some people are waiting for the end all be all "This is how you do it" guide to be up so that they can just follow it to a T without any forethought or consideration of their own inputted.

I would love nothing more currently than to get the "main" paladin tank in my guild to respec to something better - since I can see several points where he could improve - but he's able to do the job right now, so I don't hassle him. He may just be trying to be thrifty with money so he doesn't have to respec.

However, at 80, if he doesn't tighten up, well... it'll be different then.

i gave the other tankadin in my guild quite a few pointers on their choice of enchants/spec a bit ago, even though i'm not class leader i try to help where i can. i must have been the only one to inspect them because there were quite a few red flags, such as spell hit on gloves, 5/5 reckoning, 0/5 1HWS, 3/5 divine intellect. at one point even 2/3 imp RF. all this was before 3.0 patch of course.

naturally since then their performance has greatly improved =)
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Re: Pants of the Aldor or Spell Dmg pants?

Postby Kellann » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:21 am

daemonym wrote:
Pally Tanko wrote:Here's the conversation....

Me: Hey (MT of our guild), could you help me out?
MT: Sure, watcha need?
Me: Advise,.... which pants should I upgrade to? I have Timewardens Leggings. Should I get (forgot name) Pants of the Aldor or Unwavering Legguards?
MT: (After a little time) Are there any paladin pants? Those are warrior pants. You should get the pants that have spellpower.
Me: What!? Are you sure?
MT: (No answer)
Me: Umm, ok thanks for the help! (totally confused)

i had essentially the same chat 2 days ago. killed lurker in ssc (jesus that place is a joke now). mallet of the tides dropped i say that i wanted it and i had the dkp to get it over the other tank.

RL: grats <warrior tank>
me: i want it as well for main spec
RL: <moan> ugh don't you want spell power or something? why do you want a warrior weapon?
me: <explains 3.0 changes to pallys>
RL: what ever, this is why i think we should use loot council instead but whatever, grats. <awards me the hammer>
me: /facepalm

so ya, might take a while before your MT decides to actually figure out that ALL tank classes were changed and there is no warr/pally gear before telling you what's what. and as a side note, the warrior that i got the item over had no issues with me getting it as he was well aware of it being a "tank" weapon not a "warrior" weapon.

This weapon is arguably the pinnacle of BC tanking weapons for us dwarfs. Sure you could get a *little* more survivability out of later tanking weapons, but the mixture of the weapon expertise and our new mace racial is durn sexy.
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Previous

Return to WotLK