Judgements make me sad

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Rasmfrackn » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:01 am

Dragonzbane wrote:
Fizzgig wrote:Have we really got so bored with no new changes that we're finding this type of stuff to complain about?

It seems that way.
This board has been dead lately.

Yeah, it's sort of a live thing, but I put it here because judgements DO scale a lot faster with AP, so I was wondering what the numbers looked like in Naxx gear.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Equillian » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:38 am

...and I want a fancy hat! We all need fancy hats because it's friday! I demand fancy hats!
I always have a minute, sometimes its taken by someone, but there's always the next.
Equillian

Postby Bentfork » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:20 pm

well to give an idea of how powerful judging light is in a high raid dmg fight, I was OT on Naj in BT the other night, and i kept pulling threat off the MT. I stopped using HOTR, but i kept pulling threat still. Finally i just did a light judge every 9 sec and then cancelled auto attack, still pulled threat. MT was doing 2k tps, so his threat wasnt low. We had a few wipes due to 2k lag from all the recent server issues, so I got to practice it a few times. lol

I realized it was my healing threat from judging light. It was healing all the dps for about 300 per tick, combined with righteous fury was a lot of threat. I never thought i would OT with intentionally having righteous fury off, but thats what i ended up doing. I ended up finihsing 4th in healing for the fight when we killed him when the lag settled down. I am willing to settle for a little less dmg from judging, but being able to do very well helping keep all the dps alive in boss fights with lots of aoe/raid dmg is fine with me :D
- the Fork
Bentfork

Re: Judgements make me sad

Postby Katamai » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:44 am

Macha wrote:Judgements: Apply at least two debuffs as a prot paladin
HotR: Applies no debuff, and applies the seal proc.

No, it's not a valid comparison, both have different purposes.

HotR applies Holy Vengeance = applies a debuff.

That said, Judgments and Seals have went from being the staple of our rotation to a complete joke.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Bk992004 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:19 am

Katamai wrote:That said, Judgments and Seals have went from being the staple of our rotation to a complete joke.

Huh? Have you not seen the effects of judging light? Wait until the next patch if you don't run with a lot of melee...
Bk992004

Postby earanduin » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:09 pm

Given that ShoL yields about a 50% increase in judgement damage in and of itself (not including all of the damage niceties in the ret tree), why not have JotP and JotJ have an additional effect along the lines of and increases seal and judgement damage by 50%. A 25% increase would have been enough to bring it inline to damage prior to yesterday's beta patch, but tbh, seal and judgement damage seem pretty week for both prot and holy atm.
earanduin

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:23 pm

Bk992004 wrote:
Katamai wrote:That said, Judgments and Seals have went from being the staple of our rotation to a complete joke.

Huh? Have you not seen the effects of judging light? Wait until the next patch if you don't run with a lot of melee...

Well I assume he's talking from a threat perspective of the judgement itself. In reality, even if you are the pally juding light, and if they are dumb enough to keep the threat component working the way it does now, you could still skip it's turn in the rotation every other time, which means it's pretty bleh.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Macha » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:40 pm

Katamai wrote:
Macha wrote:Judgements: Apply at least two debuffs as a prot paladin
HotR: Applies no debuff, and applies the seal proc.

No, it's not a valid comparison, both have different purposes.

HotR applies Holy Vengeance = applies a debuff.

Seal proc ^^ Wouldn't call HV a debuff exactly, it's a dot.
Macha

Previous

Return to WotLK