Remove Advertisements

Judgements make me sad

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Helpunot » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:01 pm

Here's another added bonus of the new SoV mechanics. AoE tanking? Get 4 stacks on 1 mob and switch to another, rinse repeat and soon every mob you are tanking or not tanking but is close enuff has 5 stacks of vengeance ticking away to put you at almost 2k dps. Did it tonight in Hyjal, took 5th overall vs some very high aoe dps.

There are restrictions to this of course, but with some practice you can keep a 5 stack up on almost everything near you for some pretty nice overall numbers.
Helpunot

Re: Judgements make me sad

Postby Macha » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:33 am

Noradin wrote:Judgements: Apply at least two debuffs as a prot paladin and a seal proc.

Really? Never noticed the seal proc
Macha

Postby Noradin » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 am

Macha wrote:
Noradin wrote:Judgements: Apply at least two debuffs as a prot paladin and a seal proc.

Really? Never noticed the seal proc

Yes and it is quite a lot damage with SoB and a slow weapon (same as with HotR; the proc does more damage if your weapon is slower).
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Levantine » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:55 am

If you're using Blood to tank, you're doing it wrong.
Levantine

Postby 2ndNin » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:58 am

Single target low damage fights blood is useful as whacking yourself gives you more mana back from a healer. Similarly for OTing without an external damage source (eg: bloodboil has an external and easy to OT, Teron you can go oom).
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby crabcrouton » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:03 am

Noradin wrote:Yes and it is quite a lot damage with SoB and a slow weapon (same as with HotR; the proc does more damage if your weapon is slower).

Afaik HotR does not do more damage with a slower weapon since it uses the DPS of a weapon rather than damage per swing.

Personally I wouldn't use SoB while tanking. Judging it hurts way too much.
crabcrouton

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:27 am

Judging it hurts 2 times that, since it both procs the reflected damage from JoB, and the reflected damage from the additional SoB proc from judgement ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Macha » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:34 am

Noradin wrote:(same as with HotR; the proc does more damage if your weapon is slower).

The blood proc? Sure, but HotR itself stays the same.

And really, hurting oneself as a tank while tanking is just bad.
Macha

Postby Candiru » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:06 am

I've only seen Vengence and Blood apply a Seal proc on judgement.

Do any others do it?
Candiru

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:34 am

All seals get a proc when you judge, even wisdom/light.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby sherck » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:07 am

Macawber wrote: I do feel bad for holy paladins (is holy shock useful for soloing now?), but HotR has to be better since you're giving up so much to get it.

Holy Shock is THE Healadins damaging tool when the target is above 35% health. With 1150 Spell Power, I hit normal for about 2400ish and Crit for 3200ish (my crit chance with it is right at 27% with talents). This is a 51/5/5 build in around 80% T4/T4.5 epics.

Along with Ret Aura doing around 125 damage per received strike and my Seal of Righteousness doing around 130 per swing, it is the primary way that a Healadin kills stuff now.

Judgement is just.....a joke. I am typically Judging a mob for only around 450 damage (down from 1000ish in WoW 2.x).

The only reason I Judge a mob is to initiate combat (from 30 yards away) to get the debuff on them and then on elite mobs, I Judge again at the 30 second mark to keep it on him.

That is it....it is a waste of mana for damaging purposes when I get the same amount of damage from an auto-attack (white plus yellow damage) and getting hit once with Ret Aura up.

It will shift further once WoW 3.0.3 goes live and I get a 15% Haste from Judging rather than just a 10% Haste. Auto attacks and mana replunishment, her I come!!! :D

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Candiru » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:50 am

Worldie wrote:All seals get a proc when you judge, even wisdom/light.

Do they get a CHANCE to proc, (ie it counts as a weapon hit) or do they acually proc on judgement always?

This might be why I have only noticed it with the "always proc" seals.

Also, if this is true then SoR might end up being better than SoV in a lot of situations, I was only counting on the HotR proc every 6s, but with a 9s proc as well, with a slow weapon and reckoning, SoR could well end up > SoV for threat.

As an aside, its hilarious as a holy spec to run away from someone judging justice with SoV up staying 40yards away (if you have run speed talent/enchant)

They can't get close to you, and you can easily keep them at 40yards judging away to maintain a 5 stack until they die.

Unless they get friends to help that is. :(

It won't kill healers though, since they can easily outheal it. Good for killing rogues though (shadow step is <40yard range isn't it?)
Candiru

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:12 am

Candiru wrote:
Worldie wrote:All seals get a proc when you judge, even wisdom/light.

Do they get a CHANCE to proc, (ie it counts as a weapon hit) or do they acually proc on judgement always?

This might be why I have only noticed it with the "always proc" seals.

It's chance to proc.

I'm not sure about SoR however, it's the only one i havent checked.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fizzgig » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:32 am

Have we really got so bored with no new changes that we're finding this type of stuff to complain about?
Fizzgig

Postby Dragonzbane » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:54 am

Fizzgig wrote:Have we really got so bored with no new changes that we're finding this type of stuff to complain about?

It seems that way.
This board has been dead lately.
Dragonzbane

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK