Remove Advertisements

Healadin combo: HoSacrifice + Bacon?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby majiben » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:58 am

SmurfZG wrote:why is int better than crit?
I would say intel is better than it used to be but the best stat? I'm not so sure. For every 100 intell from gear you gain 23 spell damage, 1725 mana, more divine plea regen and about .71% spell crit at 80.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Jtree » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:57 pm

Candiru wrote:Int boosts spellpower, crit, max mana and mp5(via Divine plea and replenishment, also SoW,JoW if you are desperate)

Int boosts everything!

Crit only boosts Crit. Its still a good stat to stack, but with talents you get what,
5%+5%+3%=13% crit to holy
another 6%+5% to holy light (with 2T6) = 13+11=24%

And then your base 5% ish means you can have 29% crit naked.

Flash of light also gets +50% from sacred shield procs.

The more crit you stack, the less effective stacking more becomes, while stacking spellpower becomes better.

Sacred shield dosen't benefit from crit, while it does benefit from spellpower.

Probably why a holy/prot Divine Guardian build could become very effective in the bigger raids.

Especially if someone out there writes a healing meter that gives the pally credit for all the damage absorbed while DG is active. :D
Jtree

Postby Kelaan » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:06 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:It is only 12 Sec of -30% Damage at a 2 Min CD.... it's not something you spam, but save for when you know the tank will take a reasonable beating. Think Jan'Alai's enrage.

Not only that, but it synergizes well when the tank uses something like Shield Wall, Bubblewall, or whatever bears and DKs have for similar emergency buttons.
Kelaan

Postby Joanadark » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:17 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Joanadark wrote:Also, i've prolly said this before, but its worth repeating.

Stop stacking haste. It is BAD for paladins now. Your primary stat is flat Intellect, followed by crit rating, and then +spell power.
INteresting, why is that?
A cap due to infusion? Maybe it's lost much of it's value with infusion?
Or is just plain and simple that int > haste?

this.
The reason we stacked haste in the first place was to counter our lack of multi-target healing ability by simply being able to land more heals in the same reactable time-frame on different people.

Int boosts spellpower, crit, max mana and mp5(via Divine plea and replenishment, also SoW,JoW if you are desperate)

Int boosts everything!

Crit only boosts Crit. Its still a good stat to stack, but with talents you get what,
5%+5%+3%=13% crit to holy
another 6%+5% to holy light (with 2T6) = 13+11=24%

And then your base 5% ish means you can have 29% crit naked.

Flash of light also gets +50% from sacred shield procs.

The more crit you stack, the less effective stacking more becomes, while stacking spellpower becomes better.

Sacred shield dosen't benefit from crit, while it does benefit from spellpower.

and this.
int is also extremely easy to stack without gimping other stats because it comes easily on well itemized gear and can be boosted through enchants without much of a stat loss. gear can have ALOT of int on it. My pants on beta have easily over 110 int iirc, despite being a crit-heavy peice.

Overall I'm impressed with the variety of the holy gearing options, as many of the high quality items are extremely well itemized, while the stat distribution between comparable peices is wide enough to allow you to favor different stats, like if you want to be contrary and stack haste still.

Also, Int scales with Kings, and Divine Intellect.

Probably why a holy/prot Divine Guardian build could become very effective in the bigger raids.

and this.
Large quantities of raid damage are one of the primary ways that encounters can be made *harder*. Consider the most difficult encounters in Sunwell. The common trend is generally large quantities of damage in relation to the healing potential of the number of healer spots available.
The Holy/ret crit build is primarily good as a starting out boost at early gear levels (i.e. the first raiding tier) in order to inexpensively get holy crit to the ideal 40-50% raid buffed.
I fully expect that in uludar and beyond the DG build will become the far prefered holy spec.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby fafhrd » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:11 pm

nowadays all bloodelves make me think of bacon :(
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Previous

Return to WotLK