quick question about Divine Guardian

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

quick question about Divine Guardian

Postby Wakeman » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:28 am

Sorry but I would just want a confirmation. Is Divine Guardian still work like it was earlier that the redirected damage is all absorbed by Divine Shield, or did it change in the past few weeks?

I can't test it myself as I haven't resumed my account. :P
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:32 am

You don't take damage.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Wakeman » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:43 am

Thx for the quick reply. :)
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby ziggyunderslashone » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:25 am

I’m really going to try to find points for DG (probably swiping one from 2/2 imp judge, which is a preference for caster style trash). It’s obviously situational, but in those situations it could be pretty massive. It’s basically a raidwide shield wall, highly useful for something like mage/priest fel rages (in combination with intervene), gruul shatters or specific raidwide events like maggy’s cave in. If you dropped it after a Naj’entus shield you’d soak 61k damage. It has it's downside of course, but I suspect it's needed to balance.

Really liking, especially for something I picked largely to test while spec wasn’t much of an issue.
ziggyunderslashone

Postby Morendin » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:37 am

I can confirm that there IS a damage redirection mechanic which you're immune to via DS, though, since it bugged out and didn't end after DS wore off last night...stayed up until we got out of combat, and I was taking rather a lot of damage(Eredar twins)
Morendin

Postby daemonym » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:04 am

hmm, makes me wonder if you could use hand of sacrifice+divine guardian to give somebody an extra shield wall effect. how do HoS and divine guardian stack, if at all? could be interesting indeed.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:41 am

Note that HoS redirected damage pierces through Divine Shield
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby majiben » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:47 am

Worldie wrote:Note that HoS redirected damage pierces through Divine Shield
Is the damage redirect reduced by damage reductions? For instance if you had imp RF on and used HoSac would you take 28% of the damage rather than 30%? If so DS + HoS could mean you have reduced the damage you take with the combo to 20% of what the tank would have taken had you not used HoSac or DS.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Fizzgig » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:01 pm

Worldie wrote:Note that HoS redirected damage pierces through Divine Shield

Are you sure? I cleared my stack on a felrage and left my shield up the other night, and HoS'd the priest and I just had a ton of red zero's pop up on my screen.
Fizzgig

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:20 pm

HoS counts as selfinflicted damage and thus pierces immunity, unless they changed it recently.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:48 pm

Worldie wrote:HoS counts as selfinflicted damage and thus pierces immunity, unless they changed it recently.

I haven't tried it since 3.0, but it never did this before 3.0.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:05 pm

That doesn't make sense, as far as I can tell self-inflicted damage does not pierce immunity. I've been using JoB with bubble up whenever I got low on health on my belfadin.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Zironic » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:21 pm

The only damage I know off that can go through immunity is scripted damage such as Gruuls shatter. Has anyone tried Divine Shield + Demonic Rune?
Zironic

Postby majiben » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:23 pm

Zironic wrote:The only damage I know off that can go through immunity is scripted damage such as Gruuls shatter. Has anyone tried Divine Shield + Demonic Rune?
I can tell you from my warlock that a damage shield + lifetap still means you loss life.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Thyrion » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:23 pm

You could also use dark or demonic runes safely under DS.
Thyrion

Next

Return to WotLK