Remove Advertisements

Need for threat

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Need for threat

Postby lirael » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:02 am

Hi
i am not on the Beta so i don't have a clue about what threat levels look like in wotlk.

Currently (with 3.0), there is not need for a threat rotation as we can't lose aggro.

In R10 or R25 in WOTLK, is there a need for well construct threat cycles or is it going to carry on as it is now? If it is the case it will be well boring.

thanks for any insight.
Paladin 70
lirael

Re: Need for threat

Postby Barathorn » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:16 am

lirael wrote:Hi
i am not on the Beta so i don't have a clue about what threat levels look like in wotlk.

Currently (with 3.0), there is not need for a threat rotation as we can't lose aggro.

In R10 or R25 in WOTLK, is there a need for well construct threat cycles or is it going to carry on as it is now? If it is the case it will be well boring.

thanks for any insight.

There are many threads on this forum discussing the 696969 or 969696 rotations, also Eadin [sp?] wrote a brilliant short guide to the new changes.

Those should give you the answers you need.

Barathorn

WITFPOTP!
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby PsiVen » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:34 am

This is a common concern and I'm sure you'll find some more discussion on this if you look hard enough. The bottom line is that yes, you'd better at least have some idea of your rotation as you'll lose as much as 25% of your damage by poor GCD management and if you do that poorly on a fight where you can't just stand and fight, you'll have aggro issues.

In R10 you certainly should be concerned with it as you will comprise a good 10% of the raid's DPS!

The current state of beta is that everyone is so overpowered that by 25-man Naxx gear the best DPS can actually catch up to a tank putting out 3500 TPS (which is peak performance for the gear level of beginning 25-mans). But our scaling problem is pretty serious as it means we will mathematically be stuck doing exactly as much DPS relative to other classes as we have through TBC, i.e. shit all.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby lirael » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:15 am

didn't think to look in the 96969 threads for this.
Thanks for the replies.

Lili
Paladin 70
lirael

Return to WotLK