Crit in wotlk (protadin question)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Crit in wotlk (protadin question)

Postby Vanqadin » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:00 am

I know crit rating will provide crit % for spells and mele and that agility only provides crit for mele. What i want to know which of our spells use mele crit and which use spell crit. Other question is agility worth using at all come wotlk ?
Vanqadin - Paladin - lv 70 - Ghostlands
Vanqadin

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:02 am

About all our spells use melee crit.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: Crit in wotlk (protadin question)

Postby Jasari » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:03 am

Vanqadin wrote:I know crit rating will provide crit % for spells and mele and that agility only provides crit for mele. What i want to know which of our spells use mele crit and which use spell crit. Other question is agility worth using at all come wotlk ?

Agil doesn't change at all from BC to WotLK, it still adds some dodge and armor which is useful for survivability. But per point isn't too comparable to str in terms of goodness.
Jasari

Postby majorwoo » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:31 am

in the WotLK age isn't the answer crit=crit so anything that can crit uses our single crit rating?
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Alberich » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:37 am

majorwoo wrote:in the WotLK age isn't the answer crit=crit so anything that can crit uses our single crit rating?

This is true, except we do still have separate melee and spell crit ratings. Combat Expertise only buffs the melee side of things, so our melee crit will always be 6% higher (with the exception of spell crit-only buffs)
Alberich

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:44 am

majorwoo wrote:in the WotLK age isn't the answer crit=crit so anything that can crit uses our single crit rating?

Crit and Hit ratings were merged, but there is still seperate Crit and Hit chance; the ratings just increase both of them now. It was an itemisation change, not a mechanics change.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby majorwoo » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:55 am

thanks for clearing that up.
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Lumennon » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:04 am

Jasari wrote:Agil doesn't change at all from BC to WotLK, it still adds some dodge and armor which is useful for survivability. But per point isn't too comparable to str in terms of goodness.

I'm not entirely sure on this one, but didn't they also increase the Agi -> Dodge ratio?
Ebbitt wrote:Arthas is sitting there watching over the front door then... SURPRISE BUTTSECKS, we just got inside by the back door and facerolled all your defenses.
Lumennon
Maintankadonor

Postby Ragingsoul » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm

just get a feral druid and shaman in the group, I was at 23% crit while tanking, with more than 2k AP. you don't need more crit.
While tanking new content, one rule is important -- it's not about taking less damage; it's about being able to take more.
Ragingsoul, Palatank, Tsunadee, Resto Druid, Bisoul, Mutilate Rogue
Ragingsoul

Postby knaughty » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:09 pm

Vanqadin wrote:Other question is agility worth using at all come wotlk ?

Not to stack. It's good, but lots of other things are better.

If it's on your gear that's fine, but don't gem it, and only enchant it if you have no better option (like maybe weapon at 70, though I prefer Potency for DPS while solo).
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby crabcrouton » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:22 pm

Lumennon wrote:I'm not entirely sure on this one, but didn't they also increase the Agi -> Dodge ratio?

That's something I've been wondering about as well, and I can't seem to find any info on it.

We still have the best Agi -> Melee Crit ratio out of the classes that can use it according to this: http://rrvs.blogspot.com/2008/08/wotlk-combat-ratings.html

So if we assume (pure conjecture warning) that Agi:Crit is similar to Agi:Dodge, then it's still unchanged from Live. Without knowing the Agi:Dodge ratio, it's hard to make an argument whether the mix of dodge, armor and crit will make it better or worse than another stat, say Strength.
crabcrouton

Return to WotLK