seal of corruption is BLEH

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:58 am

steadypal wrote:wtf why cant blizz just buff it back up and just rework it to sor and sov can only be used with 1h equipped?

also, why cant blizz up the dmg from the full 5stack hits? just fold sor and sov together somehow to do almost sor dmg on a 5stack hit? doesnt have to be much more but c'mon 5stacks hitting for 1-10dmg crits? whats the point?

Maybe give Holy an SP -> AP conversion, lol.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:39 pm

Fridmarr wrote:Maybe give Holy an SP -> AP conversion, lol.

Well they are looking for ways to make Holy better at soloing. 40% SP to AP sounds reasonable.
Flex

Postby Levantine » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:12 pm

It would become the Surge of Light/Searing Light of Paladin specs. No one would take it.
Levantine

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:33 pm

Levantine wrote:It would become the Surge of Light/Searing Light of Paladin specs. No one would take it.

Yeah, my suggestion was facetious but that doesn't always show on the interwebs. Probably the easiest solution is the removal of the AP coefficient on SoR/JoR, and jack up the spell power coefficient in its place.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby crabcrouton » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:42 pm

I agree with that idea, with one caveat. They need to make Vengeance and Blood trainable at a very low level with that change.

The problem there is we've got SoR as our only dps seal until speccing into Ret for Command or level 64 for Vengeance/Blood. So from a low level until 64, Prot is stuck with a +SP seal (again). Easily solved if we've got AP-scaling alternative(s).
crabcrouton

Postby Guldylohx » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:58 pm

Fridmarr wrote:Probably the easiest solution is the removal of the AP coefficient on SoR/JoR, and jack up the spell power coefficient in its place.

This sounds like the most reasonable solution. SoR/SoV would keep it's power with holy and prot, without becoming "too powerful" for ret.

Would it also be reasonable to lower the dmg SoR/SoV does with a 2h'er (add in 1h vs. 2h coefficients perhaps?) but buff 1h'er dmg?
Guldylohx

Postby PsiVen » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:27 pm

They may as well do that.

Also an SP->AP conversion wouldn't be out of line, all they have to do is bake it into a talent like Infusion of Light.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:12 am

PsiVen wrote:They may as well do that.

Also an SP->AP conversion wouldn't be out of line, all they have to do is bake it into a talent like Infusion of Light.
That would overbudget it. If they want more output, they'll have to make something linked only to the seal. High dmg output from judgment is bursty and will make them do a relative lot of dps while healing.
I don't envy the task they have at hand.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:27 am

Holy Paladins DID lose DPS. So either they have to change the calculation (with the drawback of low level Prot-Paladins) or give them something for more DPS.

I think they go with the AP thing.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby elfjorc » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:06 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
PsiVen wrote:They may as well do that.

That would overbudget it. If they want more output, they'll have to make something linked only to the seal. High dmg output from judgment is bursty and will make them do a relative lot of dps while healing.
I don't envy the task they have at hand.

I think they may have given up on talent budgeting after that initial fiasco. They keep adding more and more effects to Shadowform right now. 15% dps, 15% reduced physical damage, 30% less threat, and psuedo-crits on dots for ONE talent point .... it's gonna be crazy fun.
elfjorc

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:13 am

in before 200% sp -> ap
LOL
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:24 am

I have to say that Corruption does seem meh when you see it ticking and what not, but look at the judgement damage, look at the dot ticking on multiple mobs. It's really amazing for threat generation.
Shoju

Postby Boeck » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:13 pm

Kethion wrote:
crabcrouton wrote:I was under the impression that everything you do has a 1.43 modifier.

That is, your holy damage deals 1.9 modified by an additional 1.43.

Partially correct. Every action you take while under the effect of righteous fury has a +43% threat modifier (as the "HAY I R TENKIN GUYZ" baked-in modifier). Holy damage has the +90% threat from RF in addition to this. In short: While under righteous fury, one point of white damage does 1.43 threat, and one point of holy damage does 2.717 threat.

I was curious as to whether there was a blue post that refers to this addition to RF (as well as the tanking forms/stances of the other classes) specifically as it came up on another board.

Edit: Nvm, ended up just doing the tests myself to make sure.
Last edited by Boeck on Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boeck

Postby Jobah » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:20 pm

its like we forgot this is just a game....

and the sad part is, this forum isnt even close to as bad as all the math on elitist jerks forums.
Jobah

Postby Seraphia » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:42 am

Question: Why isn't Seal of Blood in contention among the SoV/SoR debates?

Is it purely due to the self damage aspect of the Seal?

What I'm finding since the patch (On Live), SoBlood does more damage then SoR AND it can Crit, so it works nicely once all the melee raid buffs start stacking crit and haste. It also works well with my reckoning. It also seems to Judge for more damage then either SoR or SoV (with a full stack)

I've also yet to come into any situation where the damage from Blood has put me into any kind of danger, but everything is super nerfed and easy on live at the moment, so that may not be the best test bed currently.

Does it simply fall behind at 80 compared to SoR/SoV? Does it do too much damage (to the user) at 80 to be viable for tanking?

I missed the memo or something, I seem to be totally out of the loop in regards to that Seal. :?:
-Seraphia <Slap in the Face> : Doomhammer
Seraphia

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK