Remove Advertisements

How much BV at 75?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Moideib » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:09 am

I am assuming people are including the 30% BV from Redoubt in their BV Total, since it will be already included when you mouseover your Block Chance.

Your part concerning Redoubt happens to be the same multiplier for Shield of the Templar. Which I think you left that out.

*Edit* I agree with using a simplified multiplier being a "bad" method, but included it so people could run a quick check to predict their ShoR threat.
Point taken.

**Edit Part 2**
Yes, I just thought the earlier given threat values were abnormally low being less than 2x the damage produced. Thanks for the quick replies Widdox!
Last edited by Moideib on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Moideib

Postby Widdox » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:10 am

Moideib wrote:I am assuming people are including the 30% BV from Redoubt in their BV Total, since it will be already included when you mouseover your Block Chance.

Your part concerning Redoubt happens to be the same multiplier for Shield of the Templar. Which I think you left that out.

Ohh ya thats what I meant.. editing.
Widdox

Postby steadypal » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:23 am

so when GC says we are fine cause we get a fun shield slam at 75 and that makes us have ALOT of burst dmg, meaning we dont need our seals/judgements to be looked at eh? WOWOWOWOWOWW 1800 dmg hits, FTW, thats amazing burst dmg now right...
steadypal

Postby Est » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:46 am

I can't wait for that new spell. I will need to work on my Block Vavle more for it.
My Comrades are my weapons and I am there Shield. As long as I live they will not die. As long as they live are enemies will fail. I’am Protector, I’am Guardain, I’am Defender, I’am Paladin.
Est

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:19 pm

steadypal wrote:so when GC says we are fine cause we get a fun shield slam at 75 and that makes us have ALOT of burst dmg, meaning we dont need our seals/judgements to be looked at eh? WOWOWOWOWOWW 1800 dmg hits, FTW, thats amazing burst dmg now right...

1800 damage hits are at 75 with greenies maybe, ShoR is perfectly capable of 3-4k normal hits at 80.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby daemonym » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:26 pm

Worldie wrote:1800 damage hits are at 75 with greenies maybe, ShoR is perfectly capable of 3-4k normal hits at 80.

Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:32 pm

theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tahl » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:02 am

I didn't see any mention of the Libram of Obstruction in this thread, but isn't it going to be the tankadin's main libram?

Assuming you shield slam no later than 5 seconds after you judge (pretty much guaranteed), you can add 352 to the calculations plus multipliers. Does it scale with the 30% block value bonus from shield specialization? I'd guess not, since it's a proc effect and not actual bv on gear. But it should be multiplied by 1HWS and RF etc.
Tahl

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:09 am

That's indeed the best libram available atm and definitively a "must have".

I always remind people that half of our shield slams will do 700 more damage, but everyone forgets that :(

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tahl » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:00 pm

Oops, just noticed the OP was asking about level 75, and that libram is 80.. but still good to keep in mind. :wink:
Tahl

Postby Sonic » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:20 pm

Worldie wrote:1800 damage hits are at 75 with greenies maybe, ShoR is perfectly capable of 3-4k normal hits at 80.

So what are warriros getting at 80 then? And I mean on standard hit and crit like us. I know it can double and triple when using sheild block and whatnot but how far behind is our sheild slap vs theirs?
Sonic

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:53 pm

Their shield slam is fairly behind ours without shield block.

At 80 we got more block value due to higher scaling (15% str > 6%)
Their shield slam also is affected by armor, while ours is not. We also gain a 13% damage bonus to it just from raid debuffs.

Our shield slam hits considerably harder "on standard conditions". Shield block makes their SS hit about same of ours with AW.

An average neo80 ShoR will hit for around 4-5k in a raid if i'm not wrong.
Or well, that was how i was hitting for on beta.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tankznspankz » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:06 pm

I always remind people that half of our shield slams will do 700 more damage

huh ?
i thought http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=61411 would be 100% blockvalue. [ +40% from talents(One hand spec,SotT) ]

So http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40707 adds 457.6 dmg to your ShoR
Tankznspankz

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:11 pm

you are forgetting 30% more bv from redoubt, 30% more shor damage due to SoTT, and 13% more damage from raidbuffs.

352 -> 457 -> 594 -> 672

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby knaughty » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:28 pm

Really, who cares how much BV you have at 75?

I have more BV at 70 that people are saying you'll have at 75, because I have end-game 70 tanking gear.

You'll be 75 for a few hours, and less than 80 for a few days /played.

What's relevant is how much BV you'll have at 80.

If you're doing "prot PVP" then you stack Strength/Block Value/Crit (IE: put on your Ret set with BV trinkets/libram) and you have a decent "3-hit" combo:
• Judge (proc libram)
• Trinkets + ShoR (Madness?? This is Sparta!)
HammerTime!

You're not a ret pally... but neither are you "NPC tank only".

You'll certainly have a good chance 1v1 vs melee.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Previous

Return to WotLK