ITT Naxx and 10-Man Raiding

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

ITT Naxx and 10-Man Raiding

Postby Obrimos » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:27 am

Hello everyone!

I'm a tank for my guild and, for some reason, we've got 50-60 active players but no one with enough time, patience, and other such things to do 25 man raids. So we're going to be a hodge-podge of 10 man groups with one primary progression group. In order to help get everyone in order and to give my guild an idea of what we're gonna need at level 80, could some of you Beta raiders let me know what it's like in Naxx Regular?

Specifically, does the number of melee or ranged DPS matter, how many healers did you need/take, and the viability of Tankadin/Barr and Tankadin/Warr (two good friends of mine, one will be tanking, not sure who I want to ask yet).
Obrimos

Postby Chunes » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:29 am

ask the bear so you can be default recipient for all tank plate.

no-brainer there.
Chunes

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:47 am

Naxx 10 is dirt easy

You want 2-3 healers and 2 tanks and the rest dps.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Obrimos » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:55 am

Sabindeus wrote:Naxx 10 is dirt easy

You want 2-3 healers and 2 tanks and the rest dps.

Bleh, I was hoping for something challenging.

Maybe with the other raids >.<
Obrimos

Postby Kelaan » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:58 am

Obrimos wrote:I was hoping for something challenging.

Steamroll it, farm it as needed for alt gear, and move on sooner to the next tier. /shrug. No one in T6 considers T4 challenging, but there was a time (before you knew the fights and had the gear) that it probably was.

Conversely, run it with fewer than 10 people. Your healers have to work harder, your DPS have to work harder.
Kelaan

Postby Obrimos » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:59 am

Kelaan wrote:
Obrimos wrote:I was hoping for something challenging.

Steamroll it, farm it as needed for alt gear, and move on sooner to the next tier. /shrug. No one in T6 considers T4 challenging, but there was a time (before you knew the fights and had the gear) that it probably was.

Conversely, run it with fewer than 10 people. Your healers have to work harder, your DPS have to work harder.

Oh, I know I'll have to streamroll it. Our guild's been stuck, basically, in Kara because we can't seem to find enough raiders to get it done. I'll probably be using Naxx as a proving ground (that is, who can go and who can stay and do alt groups).

Gotta see if I can build a team strong enough to reach end game, even if I never see 25 mans (which, frankly, I'm fine with; 10 man has got a nice intimacy to it).
Obrimos

Return to WotLK