Remove Advertisements

Mana while not tanking?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Mana while not tanking?

Postby Nemue » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:55 am

Did anyone test what our mana was like when we´re not tanking?

If the mob we´re tanking dies and you´re freed up to do whatever, its been stated that tanks dps are increased to make them more useful when they´re not tanking, but has anyone tested what our mana is like when we´re trying to dps? the other 3 tanks has infinite resources, while ours are turned into a very finite source as soon as we´re no longer taking dmg or have someone trying to hit us.

Since if we´re not tanking we no longer get mana from Spiritual Attunement, nor do we get any mana back form dodge/block/parry, which from what i can see means our only source of manaregen will be from JoW, but is that enough to maintain a meaningful dps-rotation?

I guess with only a HotR/ShotR/Judgement rotation it may be sufficient, but what if we want to include avengersshield, consecration and Hammer of wrath once the mob is under 35%?

Anyway, just curious if anyone tested it.
Nemue

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:59 am

Testing shows that we can keep up our threat rotation while taking exactly 0 damage for about 2 minutes, 3 if you also pot.

edit: assuming you don't use Consecration and Holy Shield.
Last edited by Worldie on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Palmela » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:00 am

Doing it right now actually, seal of wisdom and judge with wis and youll be fine, HotR works well with dps surprisingly.
Palmela

Postby Zironic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:09 am

What kind of dps do we do with that kind of rotation? It wasn't very fun doing between 1-200 dps on nightbane <.<
Zironic

Postby PsiVen » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:13 am

Without ShoR, pretty terrible DPS. It's not so bad at 75+ though.

Bottom line, the problem hasn't been dealt with.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:18 am

Bottomline, if you have 2 tanks, one has to offtank, and it's a DPS race, let that one be the non-paladin.

WARRIORS ARE BETTER OFFTANK THAN US KKK?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jedah » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:25 am

Worldie wrote:WARRIORS ARE BETTER OFFTANK THAN US KKK?

Racist Paladins!
Jedah

Postby Katamai » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:48 am

Worldie wrote:Bottomline, if you have 2 tanks, one has to offtank, and it's a DPS race, let that one be the non-paladin.

WARRIORS ARE BETTER OFFTANK THAN US KKK?

AMG QQ GIEF IWIN BUTTON QQ!!!

(oh and you better change your sig, your beloved 40/21 is dead... HA! <_<)
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:55 am

It won't be dead until i log on.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Katamai » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:57 am

Worldie wrote:It won't be dead until i log on.

Sooner or later you will have to!

*pays gnome paparazzi to take a pic of Worldie's face when he logs in and sees his beloved Sanct aura gone* :twisted:
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Zironic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:15 am

I'd like to see a talent or ability that looks something like

If your target is attacking someone else then you gain lots of mana.

Alternatively:
You take alot more damage but deal equal dps to a prot war.

(I guess the dual spec is kinda the second one, we spec into ret, is duel spec live anywhere yet?)
Zironic

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:26 am

Katamai wrote:
Worldie wrote:It won't be dead until i log on.

Sooner or later you will have to!

*pays gnome paparazzi to take a pic of Worldie's face when he logs in and sees his beloved Sanct aura gone* :twisted:

Actually i'll prepare more macros for shield toss, including SHIELD TO FACE.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Katamai » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:30 am

Worldie wrote:Actually i'll prepare more macros for shield toss, including SHIELD TO FACE.

You do know that smacking a gnome in the face with a shield is considered child abuse right? <_<
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Re: Mana while not tanking?

Postby Lumennon » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:22 am

Nemue wrote:I guess with only a HotR/ShoR/Judgement rotation it may be sufficient, but what if we want to include avengersshield, consecration and Hammer of wrath once the mob is under 35%?

fixt.

Please, for the last time, it's ShoR, not ShotR. There is no "Shield of the Righteous".

And ya, Worldie's right. Gief ZOMGPROTPALLY SA!
Ebbitt wrote:Arthas is sitting there watching over the front door then... SURPRISE BUTTSECKS, we just got inside by the back door and facerolled all your defenses.
Lumennon
Maintankadonor

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:03 am

The "you can do 2 Min of Damage, if you pot 3 Min) is that with:

- Divine Plea on CD?
- Hand of Sacrifice on the MT?
- Replenishment Buff?
- Judgement of Wisdom?
- 0 Damage in the whole time (unlikely *g*)
Sarkan-ZdC

Next

Return to WotLK