Reckoning

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Reckoning

Postby Beckin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:38 pm

Had a quick question in regards to going up to level 80 in the expansion or even for the 3.0 patch... has anyone tested;

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=20182

...to see if it's worth it, or is it better to put points elsewhere?

I was going to aim for level 80 being; http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxzAfugteIRGog assuming nothing changes but just want some input about Reckoning because it's something I've not seen much mention of.
Beckin

Postby Arees » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:43 pm

Well, for tanking, you will want to use SoV from now on. Reckoning is mainly just extra white damage now, no more getting extra SoR procs. The white dmg still gets extra threat, thanks to the built it "anti-salv" in righteous fury, but still doesn't get the 1.9 multiplier that holy damage gets. So you'll see a dps/tps increase still of course, it just wont be as dramatic on live where you get the SoR procs.
Arees

Postby Warcraft » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:43 pm

I take 3 points in it because there is not much else. I mean, the only other choices are a gimped Blessing of Kings, 2 PvP talents, a talent you'll never use while tanking, and the complete slap in the face that is "for only 3 talent points, you can turn your 4 times as crappy spell interrupt into only twice as crappy."
Warcraft

Postby Arees » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:45 pm

Warcraft wrote:I take 3 points in it because there is not much else. I mean, the only other choices are a gimped Blessing of Kings, 2 PvP talents, a talent you'll never use while tanking, and the complete slap in the face that is "for only 3 talent points, you can turn your 4 times as crappy spell interrupt into only twice as crappy."

If I wasn't planning on doing mainly 10 man raids where there is no guarantee on having another pally, I would do this as well. I will need to pick up kings, unless I know I'll be having another pally with me consistently.

also, small thing, but I think you meant half as crappy, and not twice as =D
Arees

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:49 pm

Warcraft wrote:I take 3 points in it because there is not much else. I mean, the only other choices are a gimped Blessing of Kings, 2 PvP talents, a talent you'll never use while tanking, and the complete slap in the face that is "for only 3 talent points, you can turn your 4 times as crappy spell interrupt into only twice as crappy."

Cut off nose to spite face, check.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:53 pm

Even 3/3 Imp HoJ is > Reckoning.

Interrupt on 30 sec cd instead of 1 min = sex <3
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby vyaine » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:01 am

Worldie wrote:Even 3/3 Imp HoJ is > Reckoning.

/agree
vyaine

Postby Sharlos » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:04 am

If exorcism does turn into a legitimate interrupt then imp. HoJ can go the way of the dinosaur. I'll prob go Divine Guardian and the 11 point talent.
I hate signatures, but i love irony
Sharlos

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:10 am

If Exorcism Glyph allows it to be used on non-undeads... then i'm taking BoK since we plan to split our talents anyway :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Seraphia » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:11 am

I always max out reckoning, it's probably one of my favorite talents.

No rational or mechanical reason, I just enjoy it every time it procs :P
-Seraphia <Slap in the Face> : Doomhammer
Seraphia

Postby Songblade » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:13 am

How does that "anti-salv" thing work anyway, I don't think I've ever quite understood it, and have never seen any posts on it.

[Insert witty comment here]
Songblade

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:17 am

There's no more salvation, so no more 30% less threat on DPS.

However, all the tank "stances" (namely, Frost Presence, Bear Form, Righteous Fury and Defensive stances) got their threat modifier increased by a additional 43%.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Songblade » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:19 am

I see, sounds good.

[Insert witty comment here]
Songblade

Postby Noradin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:19 am

Worldie wrote:Even 3/3 Imp HoJ is > Reckoning.

While I agree with that I still have yet to see the Interrupt actually do something. So far it doesn't seem implemented aside from the tooltipchange.
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Arees » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:20 am

and actually... that is something I've been wondering about (for several minutes at least)... does this baked in salv only effect holy damage or all damage, including white? I stated in my first post that it would effect white damage, but I thought about it and I'm not sure if I know that for a fact or not....
Arees

Next

Return to WotLK