Remove Advertisements

Difficulty of WotLK Instances

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Difficulty of WotLK Instances

Postby TheHonage » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:27 pm

I have a question for those of you in the Beta. I'm wondering about the difficulty of normal 70 instances in approprate (not overappropriate) gear and the difficulty of heroic 70 instances in appropriate (again, not overappropriate) gear.

- Normal 70 instances in 64-68 gear (appropriate)
- "Super Easy" Heroics (SP, UB, Mech, Etc.) in 68-70 blues
- "Still Super Easy, But Less So" Heroics (All the rest except MgT) in 68-70 blues, perhaps an epic or two or so
- "Mediocre" Heroic - Mgt - in 68-70 blues, with an epic or two
- Harder still?

I'm definately looking for info on heroics as well.

BTW, I have searched this, so I appologize in advance if I'm missing something obvious.
TheHonage

Re: Difficulty of WotLK Instances

Postby Shainey » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:34 pm

TheHonage wrote:I have a question for those of you in the Beta. I'm wondering about the difficulty of normal 70 instances in approprate (not overappropriate) gear and the difficulty of heroic 70 instances in appropriate (again, not overappropriate) gear.

I'm not in the Beta, but you mean 80, right? Or 70+ at least?
Shainey

Postby TheHonage » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:53 pm

I'm just giving examples of the difficulty, but I'm asking about 80 instances.
TheHonage

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:57 pm

In normal mode they are pretty easy, and fairly short. Probably about 10-12 minutes per boss. In heroic, they seem to be tuned pretty well. The final boss can be a little challenging, but definitely doable in blue gear.

They are much easier than TBC heroics were at the start of TBC before they got nerfed. They are probably about where heroics in TBC are now. The occaisional boss that you need to be on your toes for if you don't outgear, but nothing super hard.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Dianora » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:11 pm

Fridmarr wrote:In normal mode they are pretty easy, and fairly short. Probably about 10-12 minutes per boss. In heroic, they seem to be tuned pretty well. The final boss can be a little challenging, but definitely doable in blue gear.

They are much easier than TBC heroics were at the start of TBC before they got nerfed. They are probably about where heroics in TBC are now. The occaisional boss that you need to be on your toes for if you don't outgear, but nothing super hard.

We also have a bit more tool to deal with the end of life enrage mechanism that boss have. For example Divine Protection + Ardent Defender + Lay on Hand.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Markoh » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:50 pm

I found them very ep asy. On murmur with pre-mades in pvp gear I would had no problems tanking heroics. I would just tank every mob of every pull and not do any cc besides an occasional fear by me just to spice things up. Once I got a blue set of tank gear tanking heroics became really simple.

Also did some of naxx as mt in pvp gear and it seemed really easy too.
Markoh

Return to WotLK