Remove Advertisements

Single Target Taunt Glyph - Blizzard Response

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:06 am

4HM too?

Never say GC say anything to this except for this "go use a glyphe" on the Blizzcon.. well..
Sarkan-ZdC
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:00 am

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:08 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:4HM too?

Never say GC say anything to this except for this "go use a glyphe" on the Blizzcon.. well..
Four Horsemen were the first Wrath example of why RD fails. It's brought up more or less since the beta exists.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby elfjorc » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:10 am

They just have this complex sometimes. It's not just limited to Paladins .... but sometimes they just have this really wierd thought process that doesn't quite make sense.

You should have seen people's reactions when they implied at Blizzcon that Priests who thought they needed Meditation for mana were probably just bad.
Image
User avatar
elfjorc
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Auckland

Postby Levantine » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:12 am

elfjorc wrote:They just have this complex sometimes. It's not just limited to Paladins .... but sometimes they just have this really wierd thought process that doesn't quite make sense.

You should have seen people's reactions when they implied at Blizzcon that Priests who thought they needed Meditation for mana were probably just bad.


They said what now?
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 10817
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:12 am

I don't see the comparison standard in the devs' mind to say that RD being what it is isn't a problem in the fights they do with single target taunts in the design.


Could someone post on the beta forums?

"Hey, you know, everyone complains about rd and proven that there are raid fights that become overly complicated because of how RD works. But you guys still say that's not big enough an issue. Can you give us an example of what would be a real issue, so we have a comparison standard?

You said that if a tank is gimped in a raid because of it's class, then something is wrong. Well, that's what RD represents for Gothik and the Four Horsemen: Overcomplication and gimping."
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:14 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Sarkan-ZdC wrote:4HM too?

Never say GC say anything to this except for this "go use a glyphe" on the Blizzcon.. well..
Four Horsemen were the first Wrath example of why RD fails. It's brought up more or less since the beta exists.


At least add "if you bring only paladin tanks" else it works just fine.

Don't make it sound like we can't do this. We have two prot speced paladins in my raid. But of course I will try to play with a warrior/dk or druid as a team. Diversity of Buffs/Debuffs.
Sarkan-ZdC
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:00 am

Postby elfjorc » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:15 am

Levantine wrote:
elfjorc wrote:They just have this complex sometimes. It's not just limited to Paladins .... but sometimes they just have this really wierd thought process that doesn't quite make sense.

You should have seen people's reactions when they implied at Blizzcon that Priests who thought they needed Meditation for mana were probably just bad.


They said what now?



Q: Why do i put 13 points into discipline as a priest?
A: I feel we've gone too far sometimes that a spec puts all their points into one tree. we like the idea of cross specing between the trees. we think its pretty cool for classes to do that so its not mandatory for classes to do. its also why we've been changing the raid buff system. if other classes bring that buff then you don't have to worry about it. players who run out of mana quickly are not necessarily good players. we don't want you to run out right away, but as we look at feedback, we'll make decisions about how close to the mark we are.


Try and make sense of it how you want. It goes all over the place ....
I don't even see what the connection with raid buffs exists that has anything to do with Meditation.
Image
User avatar
elfjorc
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Auckland

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:15 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:
Sarkan-ZdC wrote:4HM too?

Never say GC say anything to this except for this "go use a glyphe" on the Blizzcon.. well..
Four Horsemen were the first Wrath example of why RD fails. It's brought up more or less since the beta exists.


At least add "if you bring only paladin tanks" else it works just fine.

Don't make it sound like we can't do this. We have two prot speced paladins in my raid. But of course I will try to play with a warrior/dk or druid as a team. Diversity of Buffs/Debuffs.
We can do this. But we also can tank RoS p2. It's a similar situation. We CAN do it, but it GIMPS the raid for no reason other than the fact your name is pink. That's the issue, and that's exactly what they said that shouldn't happen.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:16 am

Snake-Aes wrote:I don't see the comparison standard in the devs' mind to say that RD being what it is isn't a problem in the fights they do with single target taunts in the design.


Could someone post on the beta forums?

"Hey, you know, everyone complains about rd and proven that there are raid fights that become overly complicated because of how RD works. But you guys still say that's not big enough an issue. Can you give us an example of what would be a real issue, so we have a comparison standard?

You said that if a tank is gimped in a raid because of it's class, then something is wrong. Well, that's what RD represents for Gothik and the Four Horsemen: Overcomplication and gimping."


Snake, a real issue is the other tanks' lack of ranged taunt. I don't know about you, but personally, as a raid leader, I don't even take Warriors or Druids any more on Live. Their lack of ranged taunt throughout TBC was just plain unfair. Recently they decided to increase the range to twenty yards, and I can support that. Warriors and Druids just don't have the tools to get to mobs to taunt them (Intervene, Feral Charge). So the Paladin taunt mechanic makes working with other tanks (especially Paladins) a major chore and frequently does nothing on encounters with target switches, and the Warrior, Druid, and DK taunts will just work, and from range. That's called a flavor difference.

Geez.
Last edited by moduspwnens on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:17 am

elfjorc wrote:
Levantine wrote:
elfjorc wrote:They just have this complex sometimes. It's not just limited to Paladins .... but sometimes they just have this really wierd thought process that doesn't quite make sense.

You should have seen people's reactions when they implied at Blizzcon that Priests who thought they needed Meditation for mana were probably just bad.


They said what now?



/snip.

Try and make sense of it how you want. It goes all over the place ....
I don't even see what the connection with raid buffs exists that has anything to do with Meditation.
I don't see where they said that "speccing meditation = you fail"
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:17 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:I don't see the comparison standard in the devs' mind to say that RD being what it is isn't a problem in the fights they do with single target taunts in the design.


Could someone post on the beta forums?

"Hey, you know, everyone complains about rd and proven that there are raid fights that become overly complicated because of how RD works. But you guys still say that's not big enough an issue. Can you give us an example of what would be a real issue, so we have a comparison standard?

You said that if a tank is gimped in a raid because of it's class, then something is wrong. Well, that's what RD represents for Gothik and the Four Horsemen: Overcomplication and gimping."


Snake, a real issue is the other tanks' lack of ranged taunt. I don't know about you, but personally, as a raid leader, I don't even take Warriors or Druids any more on Live. Their lack of ranged taunt throughout TBC was just plain unfair. Recently they decided to increase the range to twenty yards, and I can support that. Warriors and Druids just don't have the tools to get to mobs to taunt them (Intervene, Feral Charge). So the Paladin taunt mechanic makes working with other tanks (especially Paladins) a major chore and frequently does nothing on encounters with target switches. That's called a flavor difference.
Didn't they just get a ranged taunt though?I fail to see why we have the only disadvantaged taunt in the game.


Yes it's better for 3+ targets, but it completely fails for when we just want 1 taunt.

And they made encounters where we only want to taunt 1 thing
Last edited by Snake-Aes on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby elfjorc » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:17 am

Snake, a real issue is the other tanks' lack of ranged taunt. I don't know about you, but personally, as a raid leader, I don't even take Warriors or Druids any more on Live. Their lack of ranged taunt throughout TBC was just plain unfair. Recently they decided to increase the range to twenty yards, and I can support that. Warriors and Druids just don't have the tools to get to mobs to taunt them (Intervene, Feral Charge). So the Paladin taunt mechanic makes working with other tanks (especially Paladins) a major chore and frequently does nothing on encounters with target switches. That's called a flavor difference.


So true.
Image
User avatar
elfjorc
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Auckland

Postby elfjorc » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:19 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
elfjorc wrote:
Levantine wrote:
elfjorc wrote:They just have this complex sometimes. It's not just limited to Paladins .... but sometimes they just have this really wierd thought process that doesn't quite make sense.

You should have seen people's reactions when they implied at Blizzcon that Priests who thought they needed Meditation for mana were probably just bad.


They said what now?



/snip.

Try and make sense of it how you want. It goes all over the place ....
I don't even see what the connection with raid buffs exists that has anything to do with Meditation.
I don't see where they said that "speccing meditation = you fail"


It was about running oom without speccing it. Cause Meditation isn't mandatory, just a playstyle choice if you want more mana.

Blargh, double post.
Last edited by elfjorc on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
elfjorc
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Auckland

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:19 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Didn't they just get a ranged taunt though?


Yeah. It was a sarcastic post, but it is a little worrisome that our issues are nothing, but the lack of range on their taunt (something they've dealt with forever) was worthy of homogenization.
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:21 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:Didn't they just get a ranged taunt though?


Yeah. It was a sarcastic post, but it is a little worrisome that our issues are nothing, but the lack of range on their taunt (something they've dealt with forever) was worthy of homogenization.
yes go read the rest of my post, damn you for replying before I finished reading your own to finish my answer :p
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?