Remove Advertisements

Single Target Taunt Glyph - Blizzard Response

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Belloc » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:17 am

2ndNin wrote:4HM needs 1 tank with a single target taunt, the issue comes up for dual paladin tanking teams. The work around for it it the Paladin taunts first, then the other tank taunts off us (or burn down fast). Its a hack though and means 2 Paladins need a Warrior / Druid / DK DPS/Healer to taunt for us to do it safely without the I taunt, you taunt, fight for 10% thing.

Gothik with the live and dead side is more worrying, as we simply will not be able to taunt him as we can't get line of sight to the threat target, other tanks don't worry about this, again it can be worked round by having a warrior / druid / dk on our side and taunt for us... but especially in 10 mans you cannot guarantee those classes presence (and if you can have a warrior / druid it might be the tank on the other side..., which makes it useless).
As mentioned earlier, if you have the dps to get to 4HM, you can burn down the first tanked target before pally taunts become an issue.

I don't understand the problem with Gothik -- you've got a tank on each side -- does it really matter if you don't get a chance to grab the boss?

A side note: During my tanking in BT last night, I was using my taunt on a regular basis and I did not notice any failures (as in the failure when a mob changes targets and the taunt is just "lost"). I specifically note that I taunted a mob as he was in the process of changing targets several times. He literally changed targets 3-4 times within 1-2 seconds and my taunt grabbed him instantly.

This isn't conclusive, but our taunt might be fixed.
Belloc

Postby Petrus » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:09 pm

I really doubt it's fixed; I had 3-4 failed taunts in ZA last night, and that was only on the first few bosses.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:11 pm

Petrus wrote:I really doubt it's fixed; I had 3-4 failed taunts in ZA last night, and that was only on the first few bosses.
Nalorakk doesn't count. All the taunt failures are due to bad timing.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Petrus » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:17 pm

No, it was on trash, not Nalorakk. I should have specified - within the time we took to kill the first two bosses. I had one of the war bears run off to a healer, taunted, nothing happened, still ran after it, had to hand of protection the healer. It still failed and not because of server timing or lag or poor timing on my part.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Aleriya » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:39 pm

It's important to have flavor differences between the tanks, but not all differences are created equal.

Good flavor: Only death knights have x bonus ability.
Good flavor: Every tank can do x, but druids can do it better.
Bad flavor: Every tank has this ability, except for warriors.

Any ability that is baseline with one exception creates the potential for "red-headed-step-child" tanks on fights where that ability is important.
Aleriya

Postby kurtizzle » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:22 am

I suppose you could say that warriors and druids could always range pull or charge, 2 choices. Paladins had maybe the most effective but initialy risky pull, after a few patches it didnt break CC so we was happy.

The situation now is that warriors have a strong 1 target pull that isn't wasted on bosses (because they dont have to glyph for one target damage bonus), the also have the ability to charge now without an initial stance dance. Their taunts have become ranged and the DKs have a nice taunt, where they can actualy move the target to where they want to tank them very useful imo. So the problem is should we have to glyph to be close/on par or should we glyph to be stronger tanks depending on our play style?

I agree it is nice to make things different, all the difficulties has made Pally tanking more interesting, however I don't want to wipe my raid because my mechanics just are not as good!
Kurtizzle lvl 80 Tankadin T7/7.5/Badgeloot/roic drops
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Previous

Return to WotLK