Single Target Taunt Glyph - Blizzard Response

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Katamai » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:22 am

moduspwnens wrote:Snake, a real issue is the other tanks' lack of ranged taunt. I don't know about you, but personally, as a raid leader, I don't even take Warriors or Druids any more on Live. Their lack of ranged taunt throughout TBC was just plain unfair. Recently they decided to increase the range to twenty yards, and I can support that. Warriors and Druids just don't have the tools to get to mobs to taunt them (Intervene, Feral Charge). So the Paladin taunt mechanic makes working with other tanks (especially Paladins) a major chore and frequently does nothing on encounters with target switches, and the Warrior, Druid, and DK taunts will just work, and from range. That's called a flavor difference.

Geez.


Is my sarcasm meter broken? Cause it just went over 9000!
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
User avatar
Katamai
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:25 pm
Location: Silvermoon, EU

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:24 am

Snake-Aes wrote:I fail to see why we have the only disadvantaged taunt in the game.


Yes it's better for 3+ targets, but it completely fails for when we just want 1 taunt.

And they made encounters where we only want to taunt 1 thing


I like RD when it works. But then they go and add a fight where the way RD works simply isn't good. THAT is a problem.

Warriors and druids lived their whole lives QQing about ranged taunt. They got it. Gimme my fucking single target taunt, or don't make fights where I need it.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15540
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby elfjorc » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:25 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:I fail to see why we have the only disadvantaged taunt in the game.


Yes it's better for 3+ targets, but it completely fails for when we just want 1 taunt.

And they made encounters where we only want to taunt 1 thing


I like RD when it works. But then they go and add a fight where the way RD works simply isn't good. THAT is a problem.

Warriors and druids lived their whole lives QQing about ranged taunt. They got it. Gimme my fucking single target taunt, or don't make fights where I need it.


Talking to yourself ftw.

I wonder what it'll take to actually convince them. Waiting for Naxx to go live and only then getting it acknowledged seems ... ugh
Last edited by elfjorc on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
elfjorc
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Auckland

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:26 am

Because people quoted it before I was done with it. And you know, people love to twist or ignore things, specially when they go to another page.


Done mocking?
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15540
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby elfjorc » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:27 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Because people quoted it before I was done with it. And you know, people love to twist or ignore things, specially when they go to another page.


Done mocking?


I wasn't trying to mock heh, sorry if it came out that way.
Last edited by elfjorc on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
elfjorc
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Auckland

Postby Gideon » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 am

If they're true to their word they'll give us a single target direct taunt after guilds are actually doing those fights where taunting three targets is a problem. Probably six months after most of us have progressed past those bosses but I'm sure they'll do something.

What I personally want right now is for them to fix the gnomish engineering problem with RD. The unexpected and unannounced fizzling that I get all the damn time.
Gideon
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:12 pm

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:35 am

Gideon wrote:If they're true to their word they'll give us a single target direct taunt after guilds are actually doing those fights where taunting three targets is a problem. Probably six months after most of us have progressed past those bosses but I'm sure they'll do something.

What I personally want right now is for them to fix the gnomish engineering problem with RD. The unexpected and unannounced fizzling that I get all the damn time.
Took them a whole expansion to give warriors and druids their 20 yards range to taunt(which, I agree with modus, sucked for them). I'm not keeping my hopes up because so far we showed them the two fights where it IS an issue, an obvious one that effectively overcomplicates the fight(and that can't be denied), and so far all they said was "not convinced".
Last edited by Snake-Aes on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15540
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Faeth » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:35 am

Time and again Blizzard devs have proven that they're open to suggestions to a certain extend, until they've taken a stand.

Their current is that all tanks should be fine and that any further theocrafting without seeing how it goes in practice isn't beneficial. Or at least this is how it comes across to me.

No matter how strong your case is and how well-formed the arguments are, i don't think the devs will cooperate until they feel it's revision time. I'm sure they're going to monitor things, but i think they'll start doing this as soon as WOTLK has been released.
Image
User avatar
Faeth
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:12 am

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:36 am

Faeth wrote:Time and again Blizzard devs have proven that they're open to suggestions to a certain extend, until they've taken a stand.

Their current is that all tanks should be fine and that any further theocrafting without seeing how it goes in practice isn't beneficial. Or at least this is how it comes across to me.

No matter how strong your case is and how well-formed the arguments are, i don't think the devs will cooperate until they feel it's revision time. I'm sure they're going to monitor things, but i think they'll start doing this as soon as WOTLK has been released.
The taunt issue examples aren't theorycraft. They're empirical evidence. They are facts.

We are not figuring out it'll be like that. It's been done already, and it happens.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15540
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Faeth » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:38 am

Snake-Aes wrote:The taunt issue examples aren't theorycraft. They're empirical evidence. They are facts.

We are not figuring out it'll be like that. It's been done already, and it happens.


Fair enough. But they've taken their stand. I don't think they'll look into it until after WOTLK release. Beit stubborness or a really tight schedule.

If they would, it's too obvious a thing to not have been addressed already.
Image
User avatar
Faeth
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:12 am

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:40 am

Faeth wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:The taunt issue examples aren't theorycraft. They're empirical evidence. They are facts.

We are not figuring out it'll be like that. It's been done already, and it happens.


Fair enough. But they've taken their stand. I don't think they'll look into it until after WOTLK release. Beit stubborness or a really tight schedule.

If they would, it's too obvious a thing to not have been addressed already.
What disappoints me is that it IS too obvious a thing, and it won't be adressed, they've already said that's not enough a reason for them.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15540
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:48 am

I thought they said on Blizzcon, there will be a glyphe?
Sarkan-ZdC
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:00 am

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:51 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:I thought they said on Blizzcon, there will be a glyphe?
I don't recall they making a glyph to give the others' taunts a 20 yards range.


Single Target RD glyph is a bad idea.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15540
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Faeth » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:51 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:I thought they said on Blizzcon, there will be a glyphe?

They did, but

1) They seemed to be referring to a current / existing glyph as i understand. As far as i've seen no such glyph currently exists.

2) It's quite likely that this was confused with the currently existing ranged pull glyph changing our ranged shieldpull from affecting 3 targets to 1 for more damage.
Image
User avatar
Faeth
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:12 am

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:57 am

Hey, the developer version they use was a few builds ahead of us.

They also said "we check ALL glyphes again", have not seen ANY changes to them. So that check is still going or was done internal.

Don't know if we get new/changed glyphes for 3.0.2 but all that is not finished.

-----------------------------

Would I slot it? Say if it is a minor glyphe that costs.. lets say 1 Gold a piece in the AH? I would bring it for 4-HM in a double paladin setup for sure :roll:
Sarkan-ZdC
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:00 am

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest