Remove Advertisements

fear and silence removed from MT?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

fear and silence removed from MT?

Postby steadypal » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:40 am

i didnt find the thread, and i thought i read this somewhere i might be wrong though but didnt a blue say that they are going to remove bosses from fearing or silencing the main tank?

if so, will mother still silence? archi still fear the MT??
steadypal

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:41 am

Mother still silences, Archimonde still fears the whole raid.

They said they'll probably not use those abilities on the tank anymore, but they aren't changing old content for that.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:42 am

I believe it was meant in reference to future encounter design, not changes to existing ones.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby kurtizzle » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:57 am

Note: They are looking at removing disarm on MTs aswell. So its not just us they have look after the DKs and Warriors aswell.
Kurtizzle lvl 80 Tankadin T7/7.5/Badgeloot/roic drops
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby Io.Draco » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:19 am

disarm fucks us aswell , we can't use HoR :P
Io.Draco

Postby Elsie » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:20 am

losing HotR isn't as big as losing revenge, devastate, etc. Particularly when under 35% mob hp.
Elsie

Postby Caelia » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:46 am

Elsie wrote:losing HotR isn't as big as losing revenge, devastate, etc. Particularly when under 35% mob hp.

SoV still ticks, we can still judge, with it being per hit instead a chance to hit it will always be up, holy shield, consecrate, HoW, exorcism, AS. Disarm barely affects us.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:47 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I believe it was meant in reference to future encounter design, not changes to existing ones.

Except Illidan, who doesn't Shear any more. After all, THAT wouldn't be fair.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Xorlandu » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:53 am

moduspwnens wrote: Except Illidan, who doesn't Shear any more. After all, THAT wouldn't be fair.

I find it would be perfectly fair. I would of been able to show my guild that a paladin could tank it because they seem to have the idea that I can't avoid the shear :twisted:.
Xorlandu

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:57 am

Xorlandu wrote:
moduspwnens wrote: Except Illidan, who doesn't Shear any more. After all, THAT wouldn't be fair.

I find it would be perfectly fair. I would of been able to show my guild that a paladin could tank it because they seem to have the idea that I can't avoid the shear :twisted:.

Well you're in an odd situation, but I think if they're gonna remove Shear they could at least fix the encounters that don't favor Paladins... especially if the mechanics are already developed (although they don't even seem to be that difficult to develop).

Mostly just QQ, but it should probably be done.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Songblade » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:03 pm

Xorlandu wrote:

Yeah... I went through that too. My guildmaster is thoroughly convinced that only a warrior can tank Illidan not because you have to be uncrushable + some, but because without a doubt, no questions asked, you have to have the specific ability named Shield Block...

The more I explained to him the truth, the more he just flat out ignored me, until finally he just told me to shut up... I wanted to leave the guild right there, but we were one of the only raiding guilds left on the server, and I knew I wouldn't be able to find a new one...

[Insert witty comment here]
Songblade

Postby Xorlandu » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:06 pm

Meh situation in my guild is more along the lines of our warrior tanking illidan and me tanking one of the flame elementals are the only 2 that can do it w/o any mishaps. One of the druids in my guild seems to want to stand in fire all day and get shot in the face by illidan's eye beam while the other gets too far away 50% of the time causing the elemental to charge :roll: lol.

But yeah I would say about 50-75% of my guild thinks a paladin simply can't tank illidan because they think I can't avoid the shear when all I need to do is put on my shadowmoon insignia and libram of repentance :(.
Xorlandu

Postby Songblade » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:15 pm

Which is retarded, considering given the right circumstances, we can actually avoid it easier and more efficiently than a warrior.

It doesn't help that a paladin is the WORST tank to have tanking any elemental, due to our inability to block their attacks. This also negates Holy Shield, dropping our aggro by quite a bit. And to make things worse, since they're neither undead nor demon, Exorcism is useless against them.

Also, to expound on the situation in my guild, the warrior and the druid both had FR gear out the ass, and I have nearly none. So not only do they want the best tank for Illidan to instead tank a mob of one of the worst types possible for us, but they also want me to go out and stack up my FR when there are two perfectly capable full decked FR tanks in the guild. And both of them can tank Flames of Azzinoth better than I can.

/wrists at ignorance...

[Insert witty comment here]
Songblade

Postby Xorlandu » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:18 pm

what's really going to blow your mind is how I generate more threat than both of those said druid tanks. Dunno how I manage that one :shock:
Xorlandu

Postby Kethion » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:24 pm

Songblade wrote:Which is retarded, considering given the right circumstances, we can actually avoid it easier and more efficiently than a warrior.

It doesn't help that a paladin is the WORST tank to have tanking any elemental, due to our inability to block their attacks. This also negates Holy Shield, dropping our aggro by quite a bit. And to make things worse, since they're neither undead nor demon, Exorcism is useless against them.

Also, to expound on the situation in my guild, the warrior and the druid both had FR gear out the ass, and I have nearly none. So not only do they want the best tank for Illidan to instead tank a mob of one of the worst types possible for us, but they also want me to go out and stack up my FR when there are two perfectly capable full decked FR tanks in the guild. And both of them can tank Flames of Azzinoth better than I can.

/wrists at ignorance...
I thought the flames were demons... or at least I remember exorcising them when I wasn't tanking during p2. Also, I think in 3.0 you will be able to block elemental based damage (or maybe that's wrath, or it could have even been a rumor).
Kethion

Next

Return to WotLK