how common is cobalt?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

how common is cobalt?

Postby djellum » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:11 am

Im looking at gathering the mats for powerleveling blacksmithing and I noticed that there are recipes above 350 using small amounts of cobalt that may be way better than gathering the 300 gold per skill up mats in BC. I realize that nodes will be more populated than shat most of the time but still 4 cobalt should be way easier to get than all the crap primals and whatnot it takes now.

im hoping cobalt is like fel iron in hellfire, is it?

I'm a miner and im sure ill gather lots of ore on the level grind so making up the 25 points is not a big deal if the mats are as easy as it looks.

djellum

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:12 am

Cobalt is similar to Fel Iron in Hellfire, yes.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby ryan4nayr » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:22 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Cobalt is similar to Fel Iron in Hellfire, yes.

Quite true, but to make the initial grind for crafting professions easier, they smelt at a 1 ore : 1 bar ratio. The later ores, I've been told, return to the 2 ores : 1 bar ratio :cry:
ryan4nayr

Postby Galoheart » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:52 pm

Its as common as Fel Iron as others have said.
http://ardentdefender.blogspot.com/ - My WoW Blog.
"One day my time will come. Until then I continue to prepare myself".
Galoheart

Happy

Postby djellum » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:05 pm

ahh, that makes me happy. I was wondering how I could afford to get to 300 much less above 350. that makes it way easier.

thanks guys

djellum

Postby Chunes » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:25 pm

It's semi easy to find in Borean and Howling Fjord, a little easier in dragonblight, and grizzly and from what i have experienced, Zul'Drak is loaded with the stuff.

I actually found farming Saronite to be easer, but it could be mainly due to the fact that Storm Peaks had all of 10 people questing there as opposed to the 40-50 in the lower zones.
Chunes

Postby PsiVen » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:24 pm

It's really not very common in the starting areas but is abundant in ZD/Grizzly. Saronite is stupidly common, it's much easier to farm than Cobalt at the moment.

Interestingly there's really no overlap. It is extremely rare to find a saronite vein in ZD, and I have never once seen a cobalt node in Sholazar.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Grimmal » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:33 pm

I've found Cobalt to not be nearly as common as Fel Iron but that could just very well be so many people are skilling up that you aren't going to see it. On the other hand maybe I've just been lucky, but I seem to be getting more ore per node than I did with TBC nodes.

As far as leveling tradeskills, personally I am stopping all of mine at 350 right now. The WotLK recipes use more common mats and aren't nearly as expensive per point to get to 375+. Save your gold/time right now imo.
Grimmal

Return to WotLK