Holy Wrath Range

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby knaughty » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:15 pm

Radience wrote:Instant cast hardly matters anymore with changes to spell pushback.

2 sec cast plus... 1.5 secs of push-back?

3.5 secs of no parries, blocks, dodges? Vs an AE pack? No thanks, I like not being dead.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Lore » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:32 pm

How you used the old Holy Wrath: Get near enough to several mobs and hope they don't aggro, or the cast goes off before they get to you.

How you use the new Holy Wrath: Get a bunch of mobs hitting you and use it to lock their aggro (and stun them).
Lore
Global Mod

Postby 2ndNin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:56 am

WTB Major Glyph:

Glyph of Faith:
Your Exorcism and Holy Wrath spells function on Humanoid, Giant, Beast, Leprechaun and Lightbeards as well as Undead and Demons, damage dealt to non-undead non-demon targets is reduced by 50%.

Then we can have fun, our Shockwave and spell interrupt abilities ftw !
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Joanadark » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:00 am

"Boy this spell sure is taking a long time to caOHMAHFACE!"

bubble
holy wrath
cancel bubble
????
foolproof.

I will say, the stun is very nice.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Garwin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:40 am

Lore wrote:How you used the old Holy Wrath: Get near enough to several mobs and hope they don't aggro, or the cast goes off before they get to you.

How you use the new Holy Wrath: Get a bunch of mobs hitting you and use it to lock their aggro (and stun them).

yep, likeing the new holy wrath

I'm looking at it as a few things personally.

1 burst aoe agro snap (let those aoers open up all the more, all the sooner)

2 instant cast aoe stun, dont' knock it .. 3 seconds should give any healer time toget that heal on me after a nasty spike.

3 mobility, consecrate bites when your having to leave patches of shakle breaking agro everywhere .. now I can basically drop consecrate, holy sheild get them tentativly stuck on me and then close to the end of consecrate use HW to agro up, stop them all in there tracks and then get a 3 second (and about 3k agro) head start as I run about getting a good position or head to the tauren totem stomper boys . meanwhile .. shakle can land and I'll have gotten my distance.

4 its an undead trash interupt

it's also gonna help me shame slacker DPSers in karazan, I was already in the top 3, this is just more instant spike aoe damage usable on every single pull. (the ballrooms a single pull still right ? 8)

now that avengers sheilds instant and this is instant, hyjal trash agro and control is gonna be so much easier it'll basically be on the kindergarden learning syllabus (8 second taunt doesn't exactly hurt either)
Garwin

Previous

Return to WotLK