Remove Advertisements

Hammer of the Righteous Range

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Hammer of the Righteous Range

Postby Zumor » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:09 am

yesterday, I played around with the range of AS and HotR with the targetdummy in OG
they are not placed symetrical, a good way to test stuff

the First 2 Pics are in Range of both attacks
(for guys not knowing it exactly, HotR hits like AS 3 targets, 2 can be further away from you, the first one has to be in melee range)
For show-purpose (the power of HotR :twisted:)
HotR:
AS:

These 3 Pics are more special and interesting
HotR hits only 2 of them, while AS hits all of them, but they are around the same distance from another,
HotRs Max-Distance is here visible
HotR:
AS:

Range visible from above (they are near symetrical):

better than cleave or swipe from druids and warriors, we can hit targets lined up, or further away than these 2 tanks can do, with an ability that does nice threat and proc seals at the same time on all 3 (I dont know about all DKskills yet, I leave them out for now)

the range is great, wont wish for more or less.

AS-Jumpdistance in WotLK is greater than it was in BC (around 150% of HotR distance)

HotR has around the same jumpdistance as the old BC-AS had.
Zumor

Postby Makaijin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:44 am

Something I would like to ad is that on both AS and HotR will never jump to targets that are behind you. You can test this yourself.

Find a set of dummies that are close enough for a 3 jump, stand in between 1 of with your back to it and use AS and HotR. You'll realise that the one behind never recieves the jump. By front and back, I mean the 180 degree arch in front or back.
Makaijin

Postby Zumor » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:47 am

yes, thats right Makaijin

I got the feeling the jumpdistance of HotR differs somhow, I cant proof it, but a few times it seemed to travel further than normal in naxx
I think there is something like maxdistance in the attack,
I cant find a good reason for that feeling, but it seems if you hit 2 targets close to each other the 3. target can be further away, but each travel has its max as well.

EG: maxdistance is 200% (first hit is 0 distance)
1. hit 0 2. hit 100% 3. hit 100%

first 2 targets close to each other:
1. hit 0 2. hit 50% 3. hit 150% (limited around that point maybe)

not possible with the limit:
1. hit 0 2. hit 20% 3. hit 180% (over cap, doesnt hit, not in range)

I dont know how to test that without people of the other faction in an arena, can someone try?
Zumor

Return to WotLK