Remove Advertisements

What kind of crit heals do you get in WotLK?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

What kind of crit heals do you get in WotLK?

Postby Warcraft » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:08 pm

I couldn't help but notice that on the PTR, my heals crit for more than most people's HP. Bombed some Rogue with Quick Recovery for 18K and that's without the best healing gear or glyphs.

What are people getting with the level 80, 5444 base healing Holy Light?
Warcraft

Re: What kind of crit heals do you get in WotLK?

Postby steadypal » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:10 pm

Warcraft wrote:I couldn't help but notice that on the PTR, my heals crit for more than most people's HP. Bombed some Rogue with Quick Recovery for 18K and that's without the best healing gear or glyphs.

What are people getting with the level 80, 5444 base healing Holy Light?

55pts in prot thru on heal gear crit for 9898 and lvl 70

edit, hmm logging on ptr, did they do something with how many times we crit? out of 5 full mana bars i was only able to crit holy light ONCE!!

still over 9k is leet tho :P wtb bigger mana pool PST
steadypal

Postby Seraphyna » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:20 am

On beta, at lv75, prot gear on, and with Imp. Devotion aura, I've managed to pull off 9500 crit heals, and that's not with max rank Holy Light. My gear isn't really that special at all either - maybe sitting at around 300 spellpower at the best of times. I'd imagine they'd be quite higher and a lot more efficient with a healing off-set on.
Seraphyna

Postby Karador » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:20 am

Holy pally that I Run with gets 15-16K Heals on me all the time on the beta.

Last time he healed me in a instance he was 77'ish i think.
Karador

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:52 am

I'm quite sure i got some 18-19k from Holys.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:52 am

Lay on Hands Crit with +30% Extra Crit on a Warlock/Rogue.

I'm sure the 70k should be possible.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Joanadark » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:12 am

As a level 80 holy Paladin, my upper-end Holy Lights crit for about 18.5k

For comparison, thats about 1k less than my raid buffed HP as holy. The tanks are running around with anywhere from 23k, to 30k.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Eaglestrike » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:15 am

I broke 20k on a holy light crit during Loatheb, I forget who it was on, though.
Eaglestrike

Postby Tahl » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:11 pm

A little different direction, but has anyone tried off-healing as ret spec in ret gear? With 1/3 AP as SP, instant-cast flashes of light when they get a melee crit, Sacred Shield for 50% flash crit chance, and 60% bonus hot added to crit heals, are you able to contribute anything worthwhile if you toss a few heals? Judgements of the Wise makes it seem more feasible to do.
Tahl

Postby Noradin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:23 pm

Worldie wrote:I'm quite sure i got some 18-19k from Holys.

Crittet for 16.5k on a pet (+20% healing taken) at lvl70.
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Zumor » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:49 pm

Tahl wrote:A little different direction, but has anyone tried off-healing as ret spec in ret gear? With 1/3 AP as SP, instant-cast flashes of light when they get a melee crit, Sacred Shield for 50% flash crit chance, and 60% bonus hot added to crit heals, are you able to contribute anything worthwhile if you toss a few heals? Judgements of the Wise makes it seem more feasible to do.

its not enough to heal a person, Protpala in healgear is still stronger, but the instantheals you get while fighting are nice for selfheal or heals needed somewhere else,
I once used a macro to target the tank and give him the instantheals, quite nice healsupport, a Retri is like a hot on a tank that way
Zumor

Postby Grimmal » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:39 pm

Tahl wrote:A little different direction, but has anyone tried off-healing as ret spec in ret gear? With 1/3 AP as SP, instant-cast flashes of light when they get a melee crit, Sacred Shield for 50% flash crit chance, and 60% bonus hot added to crit heals, are you able to contribute anything worthwhile if you toss a few heals? Judgements of the Wise makes it seem more feasible to do.

Using spell power gear you heal remarkably well in Ret. Use Blessing of Might instead of Wisdom or Kings and you actually gain spell power over a Holy build in equal gear.

I'd been advocating a Ret/Holy build for healing just for a bit of different playstyle, but once the dual spec goes in I'll be making a Ret and a Holy spec instead. Off healing in Ret though will be much more effective than it is now, easily the equal of a current (pre - 3.0) Holy Paladin imo. You will loose out on Beacon and IoL, but you somewhat make up for it with critical HoTs, especially if you are just off healing.
Grimmal

Return to WotLK