Should I start playing again?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Should I start playing again?

Postby Crittoris » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:06 pm

I quit before this summer, but my grad school applications will be in soon and I will have a lot more free time. I have been considering returning to the game.

However, I am overwhelmed by the magnitude of information regarding the upcoming expansion. I have 3 level 70s: a priest, a warrior, and a paladin. i believe the links are still in my signature.

I hate tanking on my warrior, and I hate healing on my paladin. How much am I going to hate WotLK? Can anybody help me get a feel for how this expansion is going to affect my gameplay on these 3 characters? Any concise info would be much appreciated!
Saviorself - 70 priest
Expriest - 70 warrior
Wafflez - 63ish priest
Crittoris - 70 FINALLY!
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Crittoris
Crittoris

Postby Warcraft » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:10 pm

Why don't you just try the PTR for a small preview? Expired accounts work just fine on it.

By the way, there is only one t in critoris...
Warcraft

Postby Tomasthetank » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:24 pm

NO!

Run from the addiction while you still can! I wish I hadn't come back. But now I'm gonna be stuck playing forever. : / Damn.
Tomasthetank

Postby Karock » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:34 pm

Actually your account will only work on the PTR if it was active when they scanned the info of the live realms. In other words even if he reactivated right now he wouldn't be able to get on them :O (that's also the reason if you change your password on the live realm it doesn't change for the PTR).

The Developers have said their goal is to make all classes viable at their roles so you should like WotlK just fine. Prot paladin can tank, arms and fury warriors can dps, shadow priest can dps, holy and disc priest can heal.
Karock

Postby Warcraft » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:46 pm

Karock wrote:Actually your account will only work on the PTR if it was active when they scanned the info of the live realms. In other words even if he reactivated right now he wouldn't be able to get on them :O (that's also the reason if you change your password on the live realm it doesn't change for the PTR).

You are wrong.

The warnings Blizzard puts on their PTR download pages regarding the age of your account only mean that accounts created after a certain date may not be able to log on.

Your account has to simply exist several weeks before a PTR. Whether it is active or expired is irrelevant.
Warcraft

Postby Karock » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:02 pm

That would be a recent change to their PTR policies ;o and I doubt it
Karock

Postby Warcraft » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:05 pm

Karock wrote:That would be a recent change to their PTR policies ;o and I doubt it

Wow, dude, quit arguing... You're going to make the OP miss on a great chance to test his characters in 3.0 without paying $15 if he listens to you.

Expired accounts work on the PTR. I can't remember a time they didn't. I just used two different ones before typing this.
Warcraft

Postby Caelia » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:05 pm

Karock wrote:That would be a recent change to their PTR policies ;o and I doubt it

my account that was went unactive june 13th, I was able to get on the ptr, and scans would have been done WAY after that. And i was able to transfer it.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Crittoris » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:14 am

Critoris was taken =(

I'll try ptr and get back to ya. Still, it's hard to get a feel for what leveling, raiding, pvp, etc. is going to be like at 80 through ptr, especially since my brain has forgotten a lot of how wow works =(.
Saviorself - 70 priest
Expriest - 70 warrior
Wafflez - 63ish priest
Crittoris - 70 FINALLY!
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Crittoris
Crittoris

Postby crabcrouton » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:20 pm

That's kind a good thing imo. Mainly because LK is to BC what BC was to Everquest... 1. Best to start fresh.
crabcrouton

Postby Lightbeard » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:20 pm

<3 your name
Lightbeard

Return to WotLK