Remove Advertisements

Tankadins and Caster Mobs

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Revnger » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:54 pm

On PTR I soloed my way to the first boss in Shattered Halls, 5 packs, 6 packs, 9 pack, ate em. Got to the Warlock..... and it's no go for Pally tank. Not that we're supposed to be soloing bosses but I can solo a Fel Reaver or Durn the Hungerer with a half dozen adds including Banthar, ... and one Warlock ate me like I was fresh out of the box, I think I got him to 96%, maybe.
Revnger

Postby Garath.Gorefiend » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:05 pm

Revnger wrote:On PTR I soloed my way to the first boss in Shattered Halls, 5 packs, 6 packs, 9 pack, ate em. Got to the Warlock..... and it's no go for Pally tank. Not that we're supposed to be soloing bosses but I can solo a Fel Reaver or Durn the Hungerer with a half dozen adds including Banthar, ... and one Warlock ate me like I was fresh out of the box, I think I got him to 96%, maybe.

Yeah, basically he is tough for us...the constant deathcoils mess you up and he barely melees at all.

Because of that, you run oom too quick and your damage rotations get totally messed up.

I think interrupt worked on one spell...but one interrupt a minute is pretty pointless...

Its not much different for a lot of other caster type bosses.

Try doing Exarch in AC...getting to him is easy enough, but you wont be able to kill him.

He will summon your shadow copy and it seems to be able to cast Hammer about every 10 seconds...I dont think it ever failed to stun me...

With melee, we are fine...as you said...can do a room at a time...even one or two casters in the mix, isnt all that bad, though it does make it tougher.

As soon as you change the mix and make it with more casters than melee, we are in trouble.

Very simple example is Mag Terrace...just too much spell damage and most of them are chain casting/refusing to stay in melee or Consecrate range.

In caster intensive instances, we simply suck.
Garath.Gorefiend

Previous

Return to WotLK